4:08 PM :  Philadelphia ( 160 ) at  Tampa Bay ( -190 ) —- T: 6½u-22
    5:08 PM :  San Jose ( 151 ) at  Minnesota ( -175 ) —- T: 6u-10
    7:08 PM :  Dallas ( -115 ) at  Montreal ( 100 ) —- T: 0
    7:08 PM :  Toronto ( -190 ) at  Ottawa ( 163 ) —- T: 6½o-25
    8:08 PM :  Los Angeles ( 192 ) at  Colorado ( -230 ) —- T: 6u-15
    10:08 PM :  Chicago ( 125 ) at  Calgary ( -145 ) —- T: 6½u-20
    10:08 PM :  Washington ( -135 ) at  Arizona ( 115 ) —- T: 6u-10
    10:38 PM :  Arizona ( 155 ) at  Vegas ( -175 ) —- T: 6u-15

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NHL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• PocketsSloppy

DK $1 – 25 Player – Top 5 Results

PocketsSloppy – 136.4
    chazHole – 135.6
    CheetosAddict – 119.6
    gravity44 – 118.2
    Boooooourns – 117.5

• stellagirl

Anticipated goalie upside, main slate:

NYI: 69.47
    OTT: 67.53
    CGY: 66.87
    LAK: 66.80
    DAL: 66.60
    CHI: 65.47
    COL: 65.40
    ARI: 64.40
    TOR: 61.80
    WSH: 61.00
    VGK: 57.40
    MON: 57.27

• klubba575

Couple of fun slates today, I like the afternoon 4 gamer alot!! Nice that the prize pools are big thanks to no NBA but they are filling up fast!

• axman15

Lots of value tonight IMO

• Zieg30

@klubba575 said...

Couple of fun slates today, I like the afternoon 4 gamer alot!! Nice that the prize pools are big thanks to no NBA but they are filling up fast!

Agreed!

On a normal Saturday that 4-gamer would be a $7,500 or $10,000 GTD tournament. Now we get a $25K.

• Zieg30

Punt D’s are so ugly today.

• stellagirl

@Zieg30 said...

Punt D’s are so ugly today.

Yea, not great.

Oesterle is $2.7k and on ARI PP1, so there is that…

• gmen81

So random question here:

I notice you guys saying you enter the $222, $88 etc contests and I know you can enter those cuz you usually have success and win or at least place in the money most of the time. What I’m wondering is if you need to deposit how much are you depositing? Like when you first started for example. I’m more of a casual player and have never had a big pay day(on DK) and when I need to deposit I’m only putting in $25 and just hope to build a bankroll.

• Danforth11

Anyone know who is starting in net for FLA?

• Southie777

@gmen81 said...

So random question here:

I notice you guys saying you enter the $222, $88 etc contests and I know you can enter those cuz you usually have success and win or at least place in the money most of the time. What I’m wondering is if you need to deposit how much are you depositing? Like when you first started for example. I’m more of a casual player and have never had a big pay day(on DK) and when I need to deposit I’m only putting in $25 and just hope to build a bankroll.

Yeah, I hear ya, I stick to the $3/$4 tournaments mostly, also because I like having the 20 entry max, so I’m not up against people with 150 lineups. I’m making an exception during the NBA ASB, as the $8/$10 prize pools are too tempting!

• yisman

Erik Karlsson placed on IR.

• keephustlincuz

@stellagirl said...

Yea, not great.

That’s who I landed on.

• Zieg30

@stellagirl said...

Yea, not great.

Is he actually on PP1? He got zero PP time last game.

• Danforth11

@Danforth11 said...

Anyone know who is starting in net for FLA?

Looks like it’s samuel montambault

• ezellmt

RG Contributor

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

• 2015 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

@Zieg30 said...

Is he actually on PP1? He got zero PP time last game.

Now that OEL is back and healthy, it seems like he’d be the QB on their PP1 going forward. Oesterle was only on PP1 because OEL missed some time.

• zovyn

Any news on Kuch yet?

• yisman

No news from the Lightning yet.

Some other news:

DavidSchoenLVRJ
    ·
    43m
    Alex Tuch is week to week with a lower-body injury.

Jonathan Marchessault is a game-time decision.

SamanthaJPell
    ·
    32m
    Reirden confirms Evgeny Kuznetsov (upper body) is out against Arizona. The hope is he gets in the lineup against Vegas on Monday.

• yisman

@yisman said...

Erik Karlsson placed on IR.

@SanJoseSharks
    ·
    1h
    #SJSharks defenseman Erik Karlsson has suffered a broken thumb and will be out for the remainder of the season.

• Volkster6

@gmen81 said...

So random question here:

It depends some weeks but my normal strategy is this:

Note: For the NBA guy and casual NHL guy who isn’t familiar, usually the bigger slates are Tue/Thur/Sat.

Let’s say I want to play in the $222 or $180 or whatever the bigger GPP on Tuesday that week will be is. I’ll deposit $50 or $121 on Monday and try and win that buy in (or more) and if I don’t, deposit solely for the larger GPP.

If I don’t cash I repeat the process on Wednesday.

If I do cash I’ll skip Wednesday’s slate or maybe play a smaller GPP like the $12 or the $5 Single Entry.

If I win anything of substance, meaning a few grand or so, I’ll jump into a large stakes head to head or maybe even play the $691 or $1500… or I’ll withdraw and repeat the process when my money runs out.

As a higher stakes, SE guy the swings are insane day to day, week to week, and the slumps are costly. Luckily this year I’m sort of break even for nhl and made a handsome amount in NFL to keep my play up.

Very worst case I’ll take some time off before MLB as that is by far the most fun and less variance sport for a regular dfs player.

If you deposit $1000 or so at a time and are a single entry player, I often find I gamble too much and maybe over reach my exposure to contests. I always make only one lineup as well so when I slump I lose my bankroll quicker. I’ve found depositing more often solves this.

Hope it helps!

• yisman

BBurnsNHL
    ·
    Stamkos-Point-Kucherov
    Palat-Cirelli-Killorn
    Maroon-Paquette-Johnson
    Verhaeghe-Stephens-Gourde

Hedman-Cernak
    Sergachev-Shattenkirk
    Coburn-Schenn

• yisman

Evander Kane suspended 3 games

Sharks getting very depleted

• keephustlincuz

@yisman said...

Evander Kane suspended 3 games

Sharks getting very depleted

Sharks on early b2b. Lots of injuries.
    Do you like stalock?

Any ideas for knights lines?

• yisman

@keephustlincuz said...

Sharks on early b2b. Lots of injuries.
    Do you like stalock?

Any ideas for knights lines?

if I were playing this slate, he’d probably be my goalie

Knights is just pure guesswork because Marchessault GTD and Tuch out

• hautalak

Finally caught a break. Binked the BOS/DET quarter showdown. They couldn’t win a 3rd in a row and Helm was on L1! Woo!

• keephustlincuz

@yisman said...

if I were playing this slate, he’d probably be my goalie

Knights is just pure guesswork because Marchessault GTD and Tuch out

Roy-Stastny-Smith
    Pacioretty-Karlsson-Stone
    Stephenson-Eakin-Glass
    Carrier-Nosek-Reaves

Morning skate.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler