7:08 PM :  Ottawa ( 245 ) at  Toronto ( -290 ) —- T: 6½u-15
    7:08 PM :  Columbus ( 0 ) at  Carolina ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    7:08 PM :  Florida ( 156 ) at  Tampa Bay ( -186 ) —- T: 5½o-30
    7:38 PM :  Chicago ( -140 ) at  Detroit ( 120 ) —- T: 5½u-15
    8:38 PM :  Nashville ( 135 ) at  Dallas ( -155 ) —- T: 5½u-25
    9:08 PM :  Winnipeg ( 115 ) at  Edmonton ( -135 ) —- T: 6½u-15
    10:08 PM :  Calgary ( -130 ) at  Vancouver ( 110 ) —- T: 6u-10
    10:38 PM :  Anaheim ( -105 ) at  San Jose ( -115 ) —- T: 5½u-20

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NHL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

Really curious about what Toronto’s ownership numbers will be.

• cplatt87

This feels like a Matthews/McDavid smash night.

• axman15

@cplatt87 said...

This feels like a Matthews/McDavid smash night.

Agree, and there seems to be enough value to fit both in. Love Thornton back tonight at 2.9k playing with Matthews & Marner

• thedkexperience

Hockey journey week 2.

Notes from week 1 that may be helpful to some. It appears that the one thing I seem to be doing exceptionally well is picking goalies. My completely unscientific approach is to cross reference how many times a team shoots with their record. Most of the teams in the top half the league in shots attempted are pretty good but a few, like the Rangers for example, kind of stink. Here is what my goalie point totals have been on each of my single entry lineups.

Backwards from yesterday …

31.00 – cashed 1 of 1
    24.7 – cashed 1 of 2
    34.20 – no cash 0 of 2
    22.10 – cashed 1 of 1
    24.9 – cashed 2 of 2
    31.00 – no cash 0 of 1

That’s 5 cashes in 10 attempts which doesn’t sound great but it’s definitely a positive considering I don’t watch hockey and am mostly just using my baseball gameplan.

I’ll post my goalie thoughts later today but it’s nice to see that at least I seem to have 1 skill that can help everyone on the forum a bit!

• saulgoodman

RG Overall Ranking

Thornton a BARGAIN here tbh

• saulgoodman

RG Overall Ranking

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

I don’t know if other people got that, but I got $76 because of a promotion that ran on DK for a week!

• thedkexperience

@Felixxberg said...

I don’t know if other people got that, but I got $76 because of a promotion that ran on DK for a week!

Nothing here

• thedkexperience

I’m taking Varlamov from the Islanders tonight.

• mr_papageorgio

Fool me once, shame on you
    Fool me twice, shame on me
    Fool me three times, you are probably CGY2 in a smash spot about to let me down for the 3rd game in a row.

• OttawaCityMadman

@thedkexperience said...

I’m taking Varlamov from the Islanders tonight.

I like it. Im testing a non data based theory tonight as well. Was looking at Colorado’s first game back after having 2weeks off. They were flat and could not score a goal. Lets see what happens to Buf tonight after the same shutdown…. I am also hoping NY will score a bit more than LV did…

• Krausehouse

• 2020 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@saulgoodman said...

Thornton a BARGAIN here tbh

Disregard anything this guy says. Last time he spoke on this forum he said Matthew’s was a trap than proceeded to take 90% AM34 in his lineups lmao.

• jjwd

@Krausehouse said...

Disregard anything this guy says. Last time he spoke on this forum he said Matthew’s was a trap than proceeded to take 90% AM34 in his lineups lmao.

good point

• OttawaCityMadman

@Krausehouse said...

So we should not be taking any Jumbo Joe? I vaguely remember that day.

• zovyn

Lou Korac
    @lkorac10
    ·
    18m
    #stlblues projected lineup vs. #yotes:

Barbashev-O’Reilly-Perron
    Hoffman-Schenn-Kyrou
    Sanford-Sundqvist-Poganski
    Clifford-de la Rose-MacEachern

Krug-Faulk
    Gunnarsson-Parayko
    Dunn-Bortuzzo

Binnington

• zovyn

Kuemper in for the ‘Yotes. Hammer, Caggiula, and Larsson still OUT. Hayden IN.

• jjwd

@OttawaCityMadman said...

saulgoodman’s problem is half of us will do the opposite of what he says here. Defeats his manipulation.

#checkmate

• Krausehouse

@OttawaCityMadman said...

There’s certainly worse plays but just take what this guy says with a grain of salt.

• Felixxberg

@Krausehouse said...

I automatically assume he’s trolling no matter what he says. There are three things I know for sure:

1. If Matthews is on the slate, he’ll play him.
    2. If McD is on the slate, he’ll play him.
    3. reshi will have the exact same lineup.

Bonus: Usually plays Drai too. Weirdly, he really likes Granlund and Donato, too.

I wanted to start playing cash games, but in any cash game over $50, everyone has the same players and the margin of error is very small. I also get 0 fun playing them. DFS is about money, but it’s also about fun, and most importantly, about the sweat.

• Felixxberg

Thornton is fine at $2.9K. He should be maybe $3.5K. I just see Skinner as a better pivot. He’s $2.8K but should be $5K-6K. Beauvillier, if he plays, is a lock too. He should be $5K.

• mr_papageorgio

I know it’s the Ducks but I really want to apply my “See Martin Jones, stack against Martin Jones strategy tonight.

• thedkexperience

The last few posts make me very happy that I cannot name more than like 10 NHL players without looking and most of those were good 8 or 10 years ago.

Full disclosure … I didn’t even know that Conor McDavid was good and until about 5 days ago I just assumed the 3 best players in the NHL were Crosby, Malkin and Ovi.

• Krausehouse

Excellent breakdown Felix! Everything you said checks out, can’t say the same for Saul… haha

• panters

Who is this Pius Suter (CHI) guy? Priced at 8.6K in Showdown mode he must be pretty darn good. I wanted to take the Hawks L1 vs DET but I think I may pick Strome to go with Lane and DeBrincat and screw the correlation. Those three are on PP1 together at least.

• axman15

@mr_papageorgio said...

I know it’s the Ducks but I really want to apply my “See Martin Jones, stack against Martin Jones strategy tonight.

One Duck I love tonight is Rickard Rakell, he’s on PP1 and his shooting % has to turn around some time. He has too much of a track record to continue at this rate.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).