7:05 PM :  Toronto ( -175 ) at  Arizona ( 155 ) —- T: 6o-20
    7:05 PM :  Ottawa ( 195 ) at  Winnipeg ( -235 ) —- T: 6½o-30
    7:05 PM :  Montreal ( 175 ) at  Tampa Bay ( -210 ) —- T: 6o-25
    8:05 PM :  Dallas ( 125 ) at  Carolina ( -145 ) —- T: 5½u-10
    8:35 PM :  Columbus ( -125 ) at  Chicago ( 105 ) —- T: 6½o-30
    10:05 PM :  Nashville ( 105 ) at  Vegas ( -125 ) —- T: 5½o-20
    10:05 PM :  Vancouver ( 205 ) at  San Jose ( -255 ) —- T: 6½o-15
    10:35 PM :  Boston ( -150 ) at  Los Angeles ( 130 ) —- T: 5½u-25

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• superjon

Played my first NHL slate of the season yesterday and cashed. 1 for 1, baby. I am now an expert.

I like a mini Mon/Tb game with a SJ stack

• PhoFever

All aboard the Matthews homecoming narrative slash payback for ARI winning in TOR (again). Fear the resurgent Leafs!

Also, Hornqvist for $13 on Yahoo, yes please.

• Canuckage

Seems like I’ll have 30%+ of Ekman-Larsson at 3800 on DK. Relatively underpriced even though ARI aren’t scoring much.

• footballbutts

@superjon said...

Played my first NHL slate of the season yesterday and cashed. 1 for 1, baby. I am now an expert.

Like SJ a bit tonight. Here’s SJ’s notables against the Canucks the last two seasons.
    Couture – 4 G, 5 A, +7 in 6 games.
    Meier – 4 G, 1 A, +1 in 7 games.
    Pavelski – 1 G, 5 A, +1 in 7 games.
    Hertl – 4 G, 5 A, +8 in 6 games.
    Kane – 2 G, 0 A, +2 in 5 games (note: was on Buffalo for two of those).
    Donskoi – 0 G, 1 A, even in 6 games.
    Burns – 3 G, 5 A, +6 in 7 games.

and for the real kicker…
    Thornton – 2 G, 4 A, -3 in 5 games.
    Labanc – 3 G, 6 A, +2 in 6 games.
    Sorenson – 2 G, 0 A, +1 in 5 games.

Of course most of the top 6 had multiple points against them a few nights ago since they stomped 7-2, so they’ll be a bit chalky. Seems like Thornton/Labanc is a decent contrarian stack on DK while any 3 from SJ PP1 stack is the better play on Yahoo.

Labanc is also coming in with 5 G in the last 3 games so SJ3 looks awfully enticing…

• Zieg30

@Canuckage said...

Seems like I’ll have 30%+ of Ekman-Larsson at 3800 on DK. Relatively underpriced even though ARI aren’t scoring much.

I’m at 100% Stecher across 6 lineups right now.

• Njsum1

2 game early isn’t bad on DK.

• klubba575

Today is the sort of day that makes me want to convert from a single lineup guy to MME. Sooooo many juicy matchups this evening!!!

• PocketsSloppy

Yesterdays 20 player – top 5 DK results:

PocketsSloppy – 46.5
    keephustlincuz – 36.6
    Felixxburg – 36
    Ivanage – 35.1
    Iarin1477 – 32.5

• PocketsSloppy

$1 – 20 player – top 3 (early)

https://www.draftkings.com/draft/contest/69311384

Not so sure we’ll fill this contest by lock so I made it a top 3 pay.

• yisman

I tweeted at fantasydraft yesterday and they listened

contests are bigger today if anyone is interested

• LJR102788

@yisman said...

Do you set lineups more like FanDuel or DK in Fantasydraft

• yisman

It’s more flexible with two flex spots plus it’s team goalie rather than an actual player. And no swapping after slate locks.

Injury news:

Nielsen is out for Detroit.

• Njsum1

@Zieg30 said...

I’m at 100% Stecher across 6 lineups right now.

Risky, yet it certainly does make sense, let’s hope it works out.

• Zieg30

@Njsum1 said...

Risky, yet it certainly does make sense, let’s hope it works out.

I would be fine with his realistic floor of 2.5 points for a $3,100 D-man, but the upside at that price is big. He’s averaged 30 minutes the last two games, and gotten 66% of Vancouver’s PP time the last three games.

• LJR102788

who takes Nielsens place as the 2C?

• Njsum1

@Zieg30 said...

I would be fine with his realistic floor of 2.5 points for a $3,100 D-man, but the upside at that price is big. He’s averaged 30 minutes the last two games, and gotten 66% of Vancouver’s PP time the last three games.

I almost never take advice in DFS. Yet I’ll always consider other people’s ideas and then look into myself, and if I like it I go with it, if I don’t I won’t.

And after further evaluation, I agree…he’s a ridiculous value….considering the ice time, his role on PP1, and that he’s a defenseman, so the floor is generally raised due to potential for blocks. Unless something unfortunate happens, no reason to believe the minutes will drop below 25, likely to hover around 30, due to the Tanev and Edler injuries.

Also I don’t build my hockey lineups, like nba or football, where I look for value, since I generally only play 1 lineup, so I just stack. So I likely wouldn’t have stumbled on him if I didn’t read your post. Even if he busts tonight, he’s a great play, thx for turning my attention to him, let’s hope he crushes 👍😁🍔🔥🥓

• PocketsSloppy

$1 – 20 player – top 5 – 7pm

https://www.draftkings.com/draft/contest/69312440

• jjwd

@yisman said...

TY yisgoat

• sizzlebeans

@LJR102788 said...

#RedWings in warmups:
    Bertuzzi-Larkin-Nyquist
    Vanek-de la Rose-Mantha
    Helm-Glendening-Athanasiou
    Abdelkader-Ehn-Rasmussen

DeKeyser-Jensen
    Kronwall-Green
    Ericsson-Daley

• whoisjohngalt420

@LJR102788 said...

#RedWings in warmups:
    Bertuzzi-Larkin-Nyquist
    Vanek-de la Rose-Mantha
    Helm-Glendening-Athanasiou
    Abdelkader-Ehn-Rasmussen

source was @Dwakiji on twitter

EDIT: sorry for the repeat post.. didn’t see sizzle had already answered

• keephustlincuz

@Canuckage said...

I’ll assume you are aware of the austin matthews back in arizona narrative. Will most of these nba guys see this and play him. What do you see his ownership at?

• the_shashi

@Zieg30 said...

makes sense at that price, especially when you’re tryna tie expensive lines together. I have him on a couple of lineups.

with extra salary though, im trying to pay up to werenski.

• yisman

Dustin byfuglien is out tonight

• mr_papageorgio

I like the glove save payout structure on DK. $4k is a nice payday for first and 27% of the field cashes. Not sure who I like yet but I’ll throw a LU in that.

• zline34

@superjon said...

I did that last year. First time playing. Won in NHL then used those winnings and won in NASCAR. Returned to NBA and lost it all.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.