7:05 PM :  Toronto ( -175 ) at  Arizona ( 155 ) —- T: 6o-20
    7:05 PM :  Ottawa ( 195 ) at  Winnipeg ( -235 ) —- T: 6½o-30
    7:05 PM :  Montreal ( 175 ) at  Tampa Bay ( -210 ) —- T: 6o-25
    8:05 PM :  Dallas ( 125 ) at  Carolina ( -145 ) —- T: 5½u-10
    8:35 PM :  Columbus ( -125 ) at  Chicago ( 105 ) —- T: 6½o-30
    10:05 PM :  Nashville ( 105 ) at  Vegas ( -125 ) —- T: 5½o-20
    10:05 PM :  Vancouver ( 205 ) at  San Jose ( -255 ) —- T: 6½o-15
    10:35 PM :  Boston ( -150 ) at  Los Angeles ( 130 ) —- T: 5½u-25

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• ASitar

Is Rask a good goalie to use on DK?

• NIN1002

Was going to take the night off, but I see Yahoo has also beefed it up for today so now I feel compelled to jump back in. First glance at the goalies…they are all priced surprisingly fairly across the board and this will be a challenge to pick two of them since right now I don’t see even one clear and obvious selection.

And how come you stopped making the Yahoo forum contests, Pho? Did FD/DK suck you into their cold and clammy hands? :)

• yisman

yahoo 4 man 50/50

https://sports.yahoo.com/dailyfantasy/contest/4299287

• PhoFever

@yisman said...

yahoo 4 man 50/50

https://sports.yahoo.com/dailyfantasy/contest/4299287

Hey Yisman, did it fill already??? And did you see Yahoo posted a 10-max entry???? Wow!!!!

• PhoFever

@nin1002 said...

Was going to take the night off, but I see Yahoo has also beefed it up for today so now I feel compelled to jump back in. First glance at the goalies…they are all priced surprisingly fairly across the board and this will be a challenge to pick two of them since right now I don’t see even one clear and obvious selection.

And how come you stopped making the Yahoo forum contests, Pho? Did FD/DK suck you into their cold and clammy hands? :)

Hey nin1002- I got tired of them not filling!!! I even had a 3 man contest one night and it didn’t fill.

If you’ve been around the last few days you know my feelings about DK!

• jayzee666

Early games:
    Goalie – destroyed, check.
    Goals – 0, check.
    Snowflakes – plenty, check.

My powers – strong in every DFS sport, check and check!

Wish there was an achievement for snowflakes, I would be done with that already!!

• NIN1002

@PhoFever said...

Hey nin1002- I got tired of them not filling!!! I even had a 3 man contest one night and it didn’t fill.

If you’ve been around the last few days you know my feelings about DK!

I remember that 3 man…it was just you and me. :) If it wasn’t for your forum contests, can’t think of a reason I would even need to see page 1 of the thread every day. I just figured you were getting tired of taking $1 bills from me (on the days it filled). I forgot yisman sweeps in and makes them from time to time as well, so thank you yisman.

And now there are just TWO, yes 2 spots left in the Yahoo forum contest. This is your opportunity to play with the man and the legend yisman himself if you are fast enough to swoop in. For once this opportunity passes you by, it shall never appear again: https://sports.yahoo.com/dailyfantasy/contest/4299287

I like trying to help promote the forum contests with some pop and sizzle. That one didn’t have much pop, but lots and lots of sizzle.

EDIT/PS: How about that 10 man max $1 we got today? And a multi entry $5 as well??? And a $10 114 man SE?????? Oh what a day.

• Syzltuth

@jayzee666 said...

Early games:
    Goals – 0, check.

Wish there was an achievement for snowflakes, I would be done with that already!!

I’m curious, what was your lu? I lurk daily in the nba forum, so I know of your skills!

• PhoFever

Haha, nice words man!

I clicked the link and it says contest not available; maybe it filled up already. NBA immigrants must really be desperate for some action!

• yisman

just NIN and I thus far

https://sports.yahoo.com/dailyfantasy/contest/4299287 works for me.

I did not check Yahoo’s slate tonight. I guess they listened also. I tweeted at DanielHaight yesterday but didn’t get a response.

Sounds good to me!

• yisman

Pho got in so we’re at 3/4. We have to make them small because most of our readers don’t play Yahoo.

I got so wrapped up in responding about Yahoo I almost forgot the big news.

Erik Karlsson returns tonight. First game for the Sharks in exactly one month. January 16 and February 16.

• PhoFever

@yisman said...

just NIN and I thus far

https://sports.yahoo.com/dailyfantasy/contest/4299287 works for me.

I did not check Yahoo’s slate tonight. I guess they listened also. I tweeted at DanielHaight yesterday but didn’t get a response.

Sounds good to me!

I’m in! Thanks fellas. Even when the contests don’t fill, I like to see who you guys are playing, so they are still helpful.

• PhoFever

Hamonic, ham on whole wheat, or whieeet!

• jayzee666

@Syzltuth said...

I’m curious, what was your lu? I lurk daily in the nba forum, so I know of your skills!

All the Philly guys across 3 LUs and 3 Pitt guys, Pitt and Philly goalies.

Have one goal somehow from guentzel and snowflaked the Philly players I have.

I would play more LU and players but there would be a lot of low scoring games!

• PhoFever

@yisman said...

Nice work on reaching out to Daniel. He’s always been great about being responsive to our wishes.

Although I feel a little bit morally obligated to max enter that $1-10 max as a Yahoo loyalist, I’m going to show some restraint. I did well last night, and I have the very bad habit of splurging too much after big nights and giving all the money back. Just one entry in the 10-max for me, max out the 4 max, and some quarters and QMs.

• yisman

aside from the Yahoo Cup obviously, this is the largest NHL contest I have ever seen on Yahoo.

I won’t be max entering but I’m hoping to find the time to make four lineups for it.

• NIN1002

I am pondering making multiple lineups myself for Yahoo tonight as well. Seems like the slate could be big enough to support it.

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #97

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

@Njsum1 said...

Also I don’t build my hockey lineups, like nba or football, where I look for value, since I generally only play 1 lineup, so I just stack. So I likely wouldn’t have stumbled on him if I didn’t read your post. Even if he busts tonight, he’s a great play, thx for turning my attention to him, let’s hope he crushes 👍😁🍔🔥🥓

Well I hope he doesn’t bust for us now!

In the interest of full disclosure, I added a 7th lineup and had room to go up to Martinez (who is also underpriced) so that 7th lineup doesn’t have Stecher.

• mr_papageorgio

@jayzee666 said...

Early games:
    Goals – 0, check.

RG needs a jayzee filter in LineupHQ for everyone you play. That would probably be the most valuable DFS information on the market.

• Marsharks

• 2017 DraftKings FBBWC Finalist

@Zieg30 said...

Martinez (who is also underpriced)

Alec Martinez? He’s out 1 to 2 weeks.

• the_shashi

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@Zieg30 said...

Well I hope he doesn’t bust for us now!

In the interest of full disclosure, I added a 7th lineup and had room to go up to Martinez (who is also underpriced) so that 7th lineup doesn’t have Stecher.

martinez is injured zieg, DK will probably update later.

• the_shashi

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@mr_papageorgio said...

I like the glove save payout structure on DK. $4k is a nice payday for first and 27% of the field cashes. Not sure who I like yet but I’ll throw a LU in that.

I was originally on the 150×2 but switched it to the 400. If your lu is good enough to win the 150, it’ll be good enough to finish top 5 in the 400 (better than 4k). Hope to see u near the top if you join :)

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #97

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

@Marsharks said...

Alec Martinez? He’s out 1 to 2 weeks.

Ah, I see that news now! Thanks.

Back to Stecher in that lineup it is!

• mr_papageorgio

@the_shashi said...

I was originally on the 150×2 but switched it to the 400. If your lu is good enough to win the 150, it’ll be good enough to finish top 5 in the 400 (better than 4k). Hope to see u near the top if you join :)

I actually decided to enter it in both lol. Likely won’t have much time to research next week due to work which means if I play it will be small stakes so going big tonight! See you at the top hopefully!

• keephustlincuz

@Zieg30 said...

Ah, I see that news now! Thanks.

Back to Stecher in that lineup it is!

Not taking the cheaper better kings D?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).