3:38 PM :  Boston ( -150 ) at  N.Y. Rangers ( 130 ) —- T: 6o-15
    4:08 PM :  Edmonton ( 180 ) at  Carolina ( -210 ) —- T: 6u-15
    5:08 PM :  Anaheim ( 140 ) at  Vancouver ( -160 ) —- T: 5½o-20
    6:08 PM :  Dallas ( -170 ) at  Ottawa ( 150 ) —- T: 5½u-15
    6:08 PM :  Columbus ( -135 ) at  New Jersey ( 115 ) —- T: 5½u-20
    6:08 PM :  St. Louis ( -106 ) at  Nashville ( -109 ) —- T: 5½o-22
    7:08 PM :  Toronto ( -155 ) at  Buffalo ( 132 ) —- T: 6½u-14
    8:38 PM :  Chicago ( 125 ) at  Winnipeg ( -145 ) —- T: 6½u-15

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NHL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• RatedDAL

Took 6th in FDs goal contest last night. That was exciting for me since I typically play the other 3 major sports.

Question: Is it just as contrarian in hockey to leave a good amount of salary on the table or is it more common? Not really doing it intentionally but every lineup I build typically leaves a good chunk of salary leftover.

• PocketsSloppy

DK $1 – 25 Player – Top 5 Results

OttawacityMadman – 126.8
    TheDaz – 135.6
    hautalak – 114.2
    nucks916 – 114
    wirerope – 103.1

• PocketsSloppy

DK $1 – 25 Player – Top 5 (2/16 – 6:00 PM)

Full 25/25

• ifthethunder

@PocketsSloppy said...

DK $1 – 25 Player – Top 5 Results

OttawacityMadman – 126.8
    TheDaz – 135.6
    hautalak – 114.2
    nucks916 – 114
    wirerope – 103.1

Congrats OCM, with the coast-to-coast (almost) win!
    ~

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

Came in 11th out of 14,000+ entrants in the Breakaway yesterday with a ZERO from OEL. For a legit non-punt D to put up a zero in 23+ minutes of action is really tilting.

LAK1-Toews-Kane-Kub-Theodore-OEL-Lehner.

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

I’m fading BOS completely in the afternoon slate. Taking a stand!

• yisman

Cam Atkinson on IR

Hischier will play tonight

• PMaravich44

Last night was brutal for me. Don’t even know what to do now. I am new and only playing 1 or 2 lineups to get into the swing again. But woooo

• FantasySultan

@Zieg30 said...

Came in 11th out of 14,000+ entrants in the Breakaway yesterday with a ZERO from OEL. For a legit non-punt D to put up a zero in 23+ minutes of action is really tilting.

Ouch.
    What was your thought process in taking oel there? Did any other defensemen cross your mind. You didn’t use any other yotes. So why oel over say a Gustafson to pair up with those hawks?

• yisman

apparently had an entry in the $100 superdeke and missed it

damn!

https://www.fanduel.com/games/43632/contests/43632-234694958/entries/1992415537/scoring

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

@FantasySultan said...

Ouch.
    What was your thought process in taking oel there? Did any other defensemen cross your mind. You didn’t use any other yotes. So why oel over say a Gustafson to pair up with those hawks?

Although Holtby has looked better lately, he’s really struggled this season, and I liked Arizona quite a bit last night. I had a bunch of exposure to them throughout my lineups.

I liked getting exposure to an Arizona D-man who plays in all situations, including on the PP, and is heavily relied upon. Of course, with Goligoski and Chy on that team, he’s no longer the undisputed offensive #1, but I liked him as a guy who had a decent floor (ha!) and also a 1G, 1A, or more realistically 2A, with a bunch of periphs, ceiling.

I’ve been off of Gustafsson this season given how poorly he started, but you’re right he would have made some sense as I had CHI PP1 going, so why not complete the set. That said, sometimes I avoid playing four players who primarily have PP correlation, however, because there can only be three points on any PP goal, so given the limited PP time and the limited correlation, I don’t want to cannibalize my own potential points.

That remaining price range flowed from wanting Theodore in that lineup, as I’d come off of him in a few earlier lineups when making choices and knew I wanted at least one lineup with him. If not for that, there’s a decent chance I’d have moved down to Chy (who has been criminally underpriced on FD for a month now, along with Dumba, and who I use often) and then up to a pricier D-man, which would have won me a bunch more money.

• FantasySultan

@Zieg30 said...

Although Holtby has looked better lately, he’s really struggled this season, and I liked Arizona quite a bit last night. I had a bunch of exposure to them throughout my lineups.

I liked getting exposure to an Arizona D-man who plays in all situations, including on the PP, and is heavily relied upon. Of course, with Goligoski and Chy on that team, he’s no longer the undisputed offensive #1, but I liked him as a guy who had a decent floor (ha!) and also a 1G, 1A, or more realistically 2A, with a bunch of periphs, ceiling.

I’ve been off of Gustafsson this season given how poorly he started, but you’re right he would have made some sense as I had CHI PP1 going, so why not complete the set. That said, sometimes I avoid playing four players who primarily have PP correlation, however, because there can only be three points on any PP goal, so given the limited PP time and the limited correlation, I don’t want to cannibalize my own potential points.

That remaining price range flowed from wanting Theodore in that lineup, as I’d come off of him in a few earlier lineups when making choices and knew I wanted at least one lineup with him. If not for that, there’s a decent chance I’d have moved down to Chy (who has been criminally underpriced on FD for a month now, along with Dumba, and who I use often) and then up to a pricier D-man, which would have won me a bunch more money.

I hear all this. I don’t like 4 f a team either. I didn’t like oel last night or anymore with other healthy d-men back for Arizona. Maybe take Theodore and Schmidt even. Obviously second guessing now.

• FantasySultan

Is Halak going to get scratched right after lock again?

• FantasySultan

Is Pitt -500 the biggest favorite this year?

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

@FantasySultan said...

I hear all this. I don’t like 4 f a team either. I didn’t like oel last night or anymore with other healthy d-men back for Arizona. Maybe take Theodore and Schmidt even. Obviously second guessing now.

Theodore-Schmidt would’ve been a fine combo last night, but there’s some points cannibalization there too as it’s unlikely both crush as there’s no correlation.

• yisman

@FantasySultan said...

Is Pitt -500 the biggest favorite this year?

Boston closed -485 yesterday. PIT closed -470 today.

When TB hosted Detroit, they were only -395 (that was back in December).

But TB will host Detroit again later this season.

• FantasySultan

Is it safe to assume Murray is the chalk goalie?

• yisman

@FantasySultan said...

Is it safe to assume Murray is the chalk goalie?

DK had that game be a stand-alone showdown since it was 3 hours before any other game

the contests for the showdown were tiny, too

• FantasySultan

Fd has it with 3 other games

• zovyn

In the 4-game F/D early slate, Murray is only 27.6% in the Breakaway. Not as chalky as I expected with 8 starting goalie choices, but there are 5.2% Jarry owners too. In a limited sample on the F/D All-day slate, Murray is 15.8% – which is pretty high with 18 netminders in play.

• Volkster6

@RatedDAL said...

Took 6th in FDs goal contest last night. That was exciting for me since I typically play the other 3 major sports.

Question: Is it just as contrarian in hockey to leave a good amount of salary on the table or is it more common? Not really doing it intentionally but every lineup I build typically leaves a good chunk of salary leftover.

Slate dependant but realistically leaving that much salary would be very contrarian. Sometimes I’ll start a build and end up with 14k left and a d spot – choosing said Dman leaves me with 7/8k which immediately causes me to rethink my building.

Reason why is NHL chalk always hits because top players play all situations all the time. For example if the Jets get 5 PPs tonight you’re likely looking at 8mins of additional ice time EACH for Scheifele Connor Wheeler Laine and Pionk as they simply wont come off the ice.

Now sure PP2 will get 30 seconds here and there but if the game stays close those mentioned will likely also play their normal amount of shifts per period as playing on the PP genuinely isn’t tiring.

Coming full circle playing WPG3 in tonight’s game likely would be very contrarian and would leave a boatload of salary – but even if they get a goal, might not be worth the value play. Hope this helps

• SA16

Well OEL sucks so him putting up a zero not exactly the biggest surprise in the world

• stellagirl

Low implied totals on the STL/NSH game, hopefully that keeps ownership down there. I actually think both of those defenses are bad enough that there might be some scoring in this game…

• OttawaCityMadman

@Zieg30 said...

seen and been there. My other 3rd lien punt was Drouin and Cousins. Got BURNt with the late scatch there from JD, but glad I stuck with Dach and Strome. What could have been if I had went Bennit and Dube

• PocketsSloppy

DK $1 – 25 Player – Top 5 (2/17 – 4:00 PM)

https://www.draftkings.com/draft/contest/86051862

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).