NHL FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:05 PM :  Pittsburgh ( 100 ) at  Columbus ( -120 ) —- T: 100
    7:35 PM :  Colorado ( 210 ) at  Carolina ( -250 ) —- T: 210
    10:05 PM :  Florida ( 125 ) at  Anaheim ( -145 ) —- T: 125

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• Messiah717

@Darkman33 said...

Hey, last night I saw one team pulled the goalie… Gave up a goal then pulled him again.. Why would they do that? Trying to understand the sport a little more

In hockey teams will usually pull the goalie down one or two goals to get an extra skater on the ice.

• Heterodox

@lloydjv1 said...

Whats amazes me is how one shot or save in NHL makes such a big difference in your scores.

I once finished one tenth of one point out of first place in the Sniper when that was still the big $3 contest (the $4 Forecheck has replaced it). Didn’t bother me, though, I just decided it was close enough to an actual win that I was allowed to refer to it as such.

• SkateFiend

What qualifies as a block in the NHL? When someone swats away a shot on goal?

• TeamTwerk

I’ll take just a sog at this point from Wennberg

• Dirt_Lavert

@TeamTwerk said...

I’ll take just a sog at this point from Wennberg

Had my dummy lu with him and Foligno as well as Dubinsky and Jenner. At this point I can call not running that a win lol

• Darkman33

Thanks Messiah. Found the game, this has more commercials then the walking dead

• Heterodox

@lloydjv1 said...

Best NHL advice i have seen all week. I will remember that.

geez dig a little deeper. There are guys in here giving better info/advice than that every day. Maybe they left town before all the tourists arrived.

For what it’s worth, you can find average shot distance stats on a number of sites. I use Corsica.hockey, if no one has recommended that to you yet.

• Messiah717

@Darkman33 said...

Hey, last night I saw one team pulled the goalie… Gave up a goal then pulled him again.. Why would they do that? Trying to understand the sport a little more

Teams will usually pull their goalie down one or two goals to get an extra forward on the ice. Down two they can still try to get a quick one and then go for the tie with the goalie still pulled. It’s rare for the game to get tied down two but it has happened before.

• TeamTwerk

@Dirt_Lavert said...

Had my dummy lu with him and Foligno as well as Dubinsky and Jenner. At this point I can call not running that a win lol

Big time win there. The guy has been absolutely invisible

• kwest

Late Swap…. John Gibson or Roberto Luongo?

Middle of the pack on 50/50’s might need to take on some risk to cash at this point.

• lloydjv1

I thought COL woulf get their butts kicked tonight.

• Heterodox

@kwest said...

Reimer is starting, don’t play Luongo.

• Dirt_Lavert

@kwest said...

Middle of the pack on 50/50’s might need to take on some risk to cash at this point.

Reimer is playing according to everywhere js

• lloydjv1

@kwest said...

I have Gibson. But i dont ish about NHL.

• kwest

Late Swap….John Gibson or James Reimer?

Middle of the pack on 50/50’s might need to take some risk to cash at this point.

• Heterodox

@lloydjv1 said...

I thought COL woulf get their butts kicked tonight.

I thought they might catch Carolina sleeping, and that they might be low owned, people LOOOOVE to stack Carolina because their prices never seem to go up, and I thought that they might help me win $15k. I don’t usually play the Forecheck, and I don’t usually play 3-game slates, but I thought that might have been something.

Pickard is doing his part, though none of them are as low-owned as I had hoped, and both teams seem to be sleep-walking.

• Messiah717

I want to punch a wall with how bad these two games have been.

• sizzlebeans

Glad I got one FL/ANA game stack going. This is a terrible slate for a $150 top prize.

• kwest

Don’t do it.

You’ll end up like Enes Kantor.

• Dirt_Lavert

Tough that I changed Jenner to Dubinsky. I know the whole thing is to go for the PP time and to pair them on the same line (PP as well). At first RG showed the Dubinsky line as 1 so I rolled with that, I guess it changed late. Dubinsky is also PP2 and so is Jones. If I lose by 1.5 dkp I’m going to be pissed. Could easily happen tonight

• kwest

Yay Dubinski

• kdub

Dubinksy with the toedrag

• Dirt_Lavert

DUBINSKY !!!!!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

AND JONES !!!!!!!!!!

• kwest

Yay Atkinson

• Dirt_Lavert

Bitching in the thread as that happens. That’s a sign boys

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).