NHL FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:05 PM :  Pittsburgh ( 100 ) at  Columbus ( -120 ) —- T: 100
    7:35 PM :  Colorado ( 210 ) at  Carolina ( -250 ) —- T: 210
    10:05 PM :  Florida ( 125 ) at  Anaheim ( -145 ) —- T: 125

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• nickelos85

So do they use Lindholm as like “closer”, not doing nothing til the final period or something? A half point would be nice to add to my score

• Messiah717

@gaelicgirl said...

That makes sense. Plus, I’ve become used to watching points pile up quickly playing NBA. This is just…different.

It’s a lot more fun in larger slates. These smaller slates are pretty awful. Add to that nobody scoring and it’s double the pain.

• lloydjv1

Omg in 28th place on Yahoo single entry. Sorry for the sarcasm, but just need some action.

• Darkman33

Man, if we received points for shot attempts without actually getting it in, I would roster Camelo’s ass every night

• nickelos85

@Darkman33 said...

Man, if we received points for shot attempts without actually getting it in, I would roster Camelo’s ass every night

Lmao

• SkateFiend

I was like “why is nothing happening” then I realized it’s probably half time.

• lloydjv1

Guess i am going to shut up now. I am sure the NHL guys are tired of us. I mean i did cash last night in my 2 quarter lineups, so i am trying.

• Dirt_Lavert

Going to be so pissed at myself when Bjudstad scores. Only ran 1 lu. Lindholm and Dubinsky have done jack squat

• dragon1952

@Darkman33 said...

…or hits. Buddy Hield would have got 2 pts instead of an ejection the other night :^ /

• lloydjv1

I can say though im close to cashing in most lineups. Not complaining. The silly Nba game is on now. Good luck all.

• lloydjv1

@dragon1952 said...

…or hits. Buddy Hield would have got 2 pts instead of an ejection the other night :^ /

LOL hope you rostered Hield tonight.

• dragon1952

So much for that 6.5 goal Vegas line :^ /

• Heterodox

@SkateFiend said...

Is it weird to think that if I want points out of my goalie, I actually have to hope that his defense fails him and allow the other team to take a bunch of shots at him? When he stops them all, I’ll get points.

A good defensive team will force its opponent to take poor quality shots. The best case is that the opponent gets frustrated, and just starts flinging pucks at the net as soon as they cross the blue line, or takes desperation shots hoping to create a rebound or a deflection. Even the best goalies usually won’t hold up if his opponent keeps getting quality chances.

• Lathum

@SkateFiend said...

I was like “why is nothing happening” then I realized it’s probably half time.

this is awesome

• dragon1952

@lloydjv1 said...

LOL hope you rostered Hield tonight.

Well….no, but I’ve got several equally as lame picks unfortunately.

• dragon1952

Wait…..I think my score just moved :^ O

• lloydjv1

Whats amazes me is how one shot or save in NHL makes such a big difference in your scores.

• noddy

@noddy said...

Pit-Col gonna be 1-1 with someone winning in a shootout

Am I gonna call this?

• lloydjv1

@Heterodox said...

A good defensive team will force its opponent to take poor quality shots. The best case is that the opponent gets frustrated, and just starts flinging pucks at the net as soon as they cross the blue line, or takes desperation shots hoping to create a rebound or a deflection. Even the best goalies usually won’t hold up if his opponent keeps getting quality chances.

Best NHL advice i have seen all week. I will remember that.

• Darkman33

hoe long is the break between periods? Seems like forever

• Dirt_Lavert

@noddy said...

Am I gonna call this?

Been thinking about that post since I saw it. Only have Dubinsky and Jones in that game, somewhat because of that post. Should’ve gone for Serg Bob too. He was Rotowire’s favorite goalie tonight and i wish I looked at their optimizer before I rode the chalk with Ward. Carolina is last in penalties and Avs are on a b2b. Seemed to good to be true

• SkateFiend

@Heterodox said...

That’s interesting,

• Roma315

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #71

RG Tiered Ranking

All non NHL regs be like

• Dirt_Lavert

Skinner potting that goal could spell death for me. At 30 and one of the only goals scored I’m far behind largely because of that. Also Atkinson with 4 dkp is looking like a really good pick. Still wishing I played Skinner over Huberdeau but I’m hoping he has something to say about that later!

• Darkman33

Hey, last night I saw one team pulled the goalie… Gave up a goal then pulled him again.. Why would they do that? Trying to understand the sport a little more

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).