4:05 PM :  Edmonton ( -115 ) at  Arizona ( -105 ) —- T: -115
    7:05 PM :  New Jersey ( 195 ) at  Tampa Bay ( -230 ) —- T: 195
    7:05 PM :  Montreal ( 200 ) at  Vegas ( -240 ) —- T: 200
    7:05 PM :  Toronto ( 115 ) at  Pittsburgh ( -135 ) —- T: 115
    8:05 PM :  Detroit ( 190 ) at  Nashville ( -230 ) —- T: 190
    8:35 PM :  Washington ( -125 ) at  Chicago ( 105 ) —- T: -125
    10:05 PM :  Boston ( -180 ) at  Vancouver ( 160 ) —- T: -180
    10:05 PM :  Florida ( 0 ) at  Calgary ( 0 ) —- T: 0

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Taterchipdip

The best game of the DK 7 game slate tonight will be when Chicago beats Washington. The Blackhawks have to win sometime right?

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

The evening slate has a lot of top lines in great situations, and they’re almost impossible to mix with each other. TB 1, VGK 1, and NSH 1, in particular. Also liking TB 2, VGK 2, NSH 2, PIT 1, TOR 1/2, WASH 1, and FLA 2, though with the exception of PIT 1, NSH 2, and TB 2 they’re all quite expensive too!

• StanHalen

@Taterchipdip said...

The best game of the DK 7 game slate tonight will be when Chicago beats Washington. The Blackhawks have to win sometime right?

It’s realistic for them to tank all the way down to the 3rd worst record. That should be their “one goal” for the rest of the season. Fallin’ for Dahlen doesn’t have the nice ring of Suck for Luck, but it’s worth trying.

• RandysCrow

• Ranked #48

RG Tiered Ranking

Kinda new to the NHL world……as I haven’t really watched much hockey since the days of the Great One and even then didn’t follow enough to completely understand everything (though the Might Ducks movies did help a little!).

I am a little surprised that there isn’t more interaction here this weekend as I would figure more NBA DFSers would be here.

As I do not know the players even as little as I used to know them I thought I would put two entries into a early slate $1 Small Saucer Pass. Went with Dubnyk as the goalie in my first lineup and Quick in the second.

I believe that stacking is a little more useful in hockey than in other sports yes? If that is the case, whom would you pair with each one of the goalies that I have selected?

• yanksfan1

Can RG put the Grind Down in front of the paywall for a few days? Bunch of NBA players who want to take a stab at NHL but not gonna throw my $ away

• keephustlincuz

Eddie Lack in net for NJ.

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

@RandysCrow said...

I believe that stacking is a little more useful in hockey than in other sports yes? If that is the case, whom would you pair with each one of the goalies that I have selected?

Stacking is very useful in hockey GPPs.

And it frequently makes sense to include your goalie with one of your stacked lineups, for the correlation (e.g. if your stack goes off, it’s likelier that goalie will get the win). That said, though stacking a line or PP line is by far the smart decision, including the stack’s goalie isn’t a must. That goalie may not be in the ideal scenario (e.g. facing a low shot, slow, team) or the price may not work with a high priced line.

I have a few lineups with MIN L1, but I expect that game to be lower scoring, so have a lot more Dubnyk than any Minnesota forwards (I do have Dubnyk with Spurgeon, Suter, or Dumba, in a few lineups). I have little Quick, but where I do, I have him with a LAK PP1 stack.

• Islandersfan91

Thoughts on Kane tonight for gpp

• yuda

Blew up a ton of LAK2 LU’s after that line change 15 minutes before lock. Always a good time.

• RandysCrow

• Ranked #48

RG Tiered Ranking

@Zieg30 said...

Stacking is very useful in hockey GPPs.

And it frequently makes sense to include your goalie with one of your stacked lineups, for the correlation (e.g. if your stack goes off, it’s likelier that goalie will get the win). That said, though stacking a line or PP line is by far the smart decision, including the stack’s goalie isn’t a must. That goalie may not be in the ideal scenario (e.g. facing a low shot, slow, team) or the price may not work with a high priced line.

Thanks Zieg….I have only play DFS sports for a couple of months (got in about 2/3 of the way through the NFL season). I haven’t had the best of strategy luck to this point but I understand there is a learning curve involved.

One thing that I have seen from my experience so far though, is that each sport is pretty different when it comes to DFS. I am kinda intrigued to see how baseball works as well when the time comes.

• sizzlebeans

@yuda said...

Blew up a ton of LAK2 LU’s after that line change 15 minutes before lock. Always a good time.

I only have Line 1. Going for the Iaffalo playing in hometown narrative. Surprised to see TT drop to bottom 6 though.

• PhoFever

@Zieg30 said...

The evening slate has a lot of top lines in great situations, and they’re almost impossible to mix with each other. TB 1, VGK 1, and NSH 1, in particular. Also liking TB 2, VGK 2, NSH 2, PIT 1, TOR 1/2, WASH 1, and FLA 2, though with the exception of PIT 1, NSH 2, and TB 2 they’re all quite expensive too!

I like CGY1 too.

You are really gonna have to dig deep to fit in the full TB1 tonight, but I think it’s worth it….you can punt with Stralman or Sergachev at one of your D spots, and then get really creative elsewhere. How about VGK4? Carpenter has a goal streak going…

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

@Seahawktom said...

I like CGY1 too.

You are really gonna have to dig deep to fit in the full TB1 tonight, but I think it’s worth it….you can punt with Stralman or Sergachev at one of your D spots, and then get really creative elsewhere. How about VGK4? Carpenter has a goal streak going…

I will never touch the 4th line of a team, even in a 2 game slate. Maybe if a single 4th liner is randomly getting PP1 time I’d consider it as a real punt, but I don’t think I have ever before.

• keephustlincuz

@Seahawktom said...

I like CGY1 too.

WAS L3 works and they get pp time.

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

@keephustlincuz said...

WAS L3 works and they get pp time.

I have a couple combinations with TB L1 and WAS L3, but don’t be deceived by the RG NHL Starters page regarding PP time. It shows L3 as getting PP2 time, but over the last few games they actually haven’t. Eller has gotten a smidge, and Connolly a tiny bit, but not enough for it to really factor into the decision.

• TJF74

CGY 2 has a lot going for it tonight. Mikael Backlund signed a big contract extension. It’s Michael Frolik 30th birthday. I don’t know what the narrative is for Matthew Tkachuk. He’s probably one of the most hated guys in the league that everybody wants to punch in the face. They had a big game against Florida last month. I think Roberto Luongo is going to be a little rusty.

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

Took the wrong OTT line it seems. Awesemo is crushing it!

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

@Felixxberg said...

Took the wrong OTT line it seems. Awesemo is crushing it!

Well, they have one line goal, so it’s still very early.

I’m irked because I went with TT and the PP1 correlation with Kopitar/Brown over lafallo. That’s looking like it may come around to bite me.

• yuda

DFO does not have the correct NSH lines from this morning’s skate. Turris is out again so they mixed up the top two. Both lines are interesting tonight.

https://twitter.com/AdamVingan/status/964900085883637762

• zigger77

• Ranked #81

RG Tiered Ranking

@yanksfan1 said...

Can RG put the Grind Down in front of the paywall for a few days? Bunch of NBA players who want to take a stab at NHL but not gonna throw my $ away

I mean if your only gonna play it for a few days you have the starting lineups/lines. That should be all you need to get a decent grasb of playing nhl

• zigger77

• Ranked #81

RG Tiered Ranking

@TJF74 said...

CGY 2 has a lot going for it tonight. Mikael Backlund signed a big contract extension. It’s Michael Frolik 30th birthday. I don’t know what the narrative is for Matthew Tkachuk. He’s probably one of the most hated guys in the league that everybody wants to punch in the face. They had a big game against Florida last month. I think Roberto Luongo is going to be a little rusty.

I agree with the rusty part but the others mehhhhhhhhh. You can say narrative as much as you want to try to convince yourself but its just noise. More just fun/interesting to joke around about.

• idkanything

come on quickie, get us that SO!

dunno how anyone could pick any other goalie with eichel out. buffalo is as bad as the avs without mckinnon or landy when eichel is out

• idkanything

jinxxxxxxxxxxxx

• yanksfan1

Is Zach Aston-Reese a viable play at 3800 on the Penguins top line and PP2?

• Beetlebum

I need an NHL expert to help me with something:

On DFO it shows that the TB1 line is Stamkos, Kucherov and Namestnikov.
    On leftwinglock I see that the most used line combo (last game or last 3 games) is Killorn, Point, Kucherov.

Does it mean that DFO is outdated?
    If DFO is correct, does it make sense from a dfs standpoint to use 3 players that are on different lines (Killorn 3, Point 2 and Kucherov 1) just because they log playing time together?

Thank you in advance

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).