4:05 PM :  Edmonton ( -115 ) at  Arizona ( -105 ) —- T: -115
    7:05 PM :  New Jersey ( 195 ) at  Tampa Bay ( -230 ) —- T: 195
    7:05 PM :  Montreal ( 200 ) at  Vegas ( -240 ) —- T: 200
    7:05 PM :  Toronto ( 115 ) at  Pittsburgh ( -135 ) —- T: 115
    8:05 PM :  Detroit ( 190 ) at  Nashville ( -230 ) —- T: 190
    8:35 PM :  Washington ( -125 ) at  Chicago ( 105 ) —- T: -125
    10:05 PM :  Boston ( -180 ) at  Vancouver ( 160 ) —- T: -180
    10:05 PM :  Florida ( 0 ) at  Calgary ( 0 ) —- T: 0

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• NextSignal

Ovi overload today

• Islandersfan91

I’m not sure if this is right or not

• Njsum1

@Zieg30 said...

Well, they have one line goal, so it’s still very early.

I’m irked because I went with TT and the PP1 correlation with Kopitar/Brown over lafallo. That’s looking like it may come around to bite me.

I play small stakes DFS hockey early in the season and during the NBA all star break, and am generally good enough to break even. Except, for two seasons ago when I binked a small 1400 player QA. Sorry had to add that, I’m very proud of it…haha…it was a very lucky win.

Anyway I always wondered whether it was better to keep the linemates in tact even if one of them isn’t on the power play line, or to leave the linemate off that isn’t on the power play line, and stack with the power play linemate. Curious as to which over time is more effective. My thinking is that if he 3rd linemate is cheap it might be better to keep him in, if he’s pricey maybe go with the power play linemante. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

• Beetlebum

@Njsum1 said...

Anyway I always wondered whether it was better to keep the linemates in tact even if one of them isn’t on the power play line, or to leave the linemate off that isn’t on the power play line, and stack with the power play linemate. Curious as to which over time is more effective.

I asked this question in yesterday’s thread and I was explained that over time the linemate not on the PP line is more effective, because the majority of the game is played at even strength.

• Njsum1

@Beetlebum said...

I asked this question in yesterday’s thread and I was explained that over time the linemate not on the PP line is more effective, because the majority of the game is played at even strength.

Thx…makes sense.

• NextSignal

Would help a lot if FD would make Hartman a center

• keephustlincuz

@Njsum1 said...

I play small stakes DFS hockey early in the season and during the NBA all star break, and am generally good enough to break even. Except, for two seasons ago when I binked a small 1400 player QA. Sorry had to add that, I’m very proud of it…haha…it was a very lucky win.

Anyway I always wondered whether it was better to keep the linemates in tact even if one of them isn’t on the power play line, or to leave the linemate off that isn’t on the power play line, and stack with the power play linemate. Curious as to which over time is more effective. My thinking is that if he 3rd linemate is cheap it might be better to keep him in, if he’s pricey maybe go with the power play linemante. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I find myself using the pp linemate more on smaller and mid sized slates. The advantage is that most players do use the regular strength line. Lots of times the pp linemate is from a 3rd line and the ownership is much lower.

The other factor is price. It maybe really expensive to stack all 3 from the regular line. The savings from taking the 3rd line player may be used to grab the pp defenseman. Thus you are getting 4 players from the pp even though only 2 correlate to the regular lines.

A good example from recently was boston1. I was using berg, march, heinen and krug. The price difference between past and heinen was around 3.5k most nights.

• windsorpg

Never played hockey dfs before, but since it’s the NFL offseason and it’s he all star break I guess I’ll donate you guys some cash.

Probably sticking to cash games. Any advice?

• damionismyname

@RandysCrow said...

Kinda new to the NHL world……as I haven’t really watched much hockey since the days of the Great One and even then didn’t follow enough to completely understand everything (though the Might Ducks movies did help a little!).

I am a little surprised that there isn’t more interaction here this weekend as I would figure more NBA DFSers would be here.

As I do not know the players even as little as I used to know them I thought I would put two entries into a early slate $1 Small Saucer Pass. Went with Dubnyk as the goalie in my first lineup and Quick in the second.

I believe that stacking is a little more useful in hockey than in other sports yes? If that is the case, whom would you pair with each one of the goalies that I have selected?

last year it was much more busy in here during asw. says to me ppl arent playing as much as before.

• NextSignal

Everything good with Namestnikov? I can’t find any news, and am only going off FD not having him “projected” as starting

• bcskilledlabor713

Need help with NHL DFS! Where do I start strategically?

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

Just play Tampa Bay!

There’s different ways to play but a lot start with taking the cheapest favored goalie with the lowest O/U. Then most will pick 2 lines (W, W, C) from 2 teams they think will score a lot. As for D you can pick a correlated D on the PP line or just wing it there. PP time is key.

• younghazondabeat

He got bumped down to Line 3 it looks like from projected lineups from NHL.com…..and Killorn got bumped to Line 1….dont know why they did that

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

PSA load up on VGK as well. Niemi is in net for the Canadiens.

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

Crap. Any update on Nashville lines? If Turris was on the ice for the morning skate, will he be back and on the second line as per normal?

No update for hours. All the sites have the normal lines, whereas the Nashville beat writer is showing the different lines.

• keephustlincuz

@Zieg30 said...

Crap. Any update on Nashville lines? If Turris was on the ice for the morning skate, will he be back and on the second line as per normal?

No update for hours. All the sites have the normal lines, whereas the Nashville beat writer is showing the different lines.

I too would like to know the Nashville lines. It’s kind if annoying.

• epot

@Zieg30 said...

Looks like Turris is out and fiala on nas1 with forsberg on nas2
    edit: DFO has reverse WTF

• tbird05

who do you girls like in the net today

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

@tbird05 said...

who do you girls like in the net today

Fleury, Vasil, Saros, with very unreliable GPP plays of Andersen, Holtby, Luongo, and Markstrom.

• dgballer

@Zieg30 said...

Fleury, Vasil, Saros, with very unreliable GPP plays of Andersen, Holtby, Luongo, and Markstrom.

No Rinne?

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

@dgballer said...

No Rinne?

Saros is likely going to start tonight in place of Rinne. Not yet confirmed, but likely.

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

Not seeing beat writer confirmation of Killorn being on line 1 either. This is maddening.

• thetitanlb

Everyone seems so on TB. But the Knights are a bigger favorite. The hart part to me is picking line 1 or 2.

• thetitanlb

Who moves to the PP1 for the Knights with Theodore out. Not sure if its Schmit or Miller.

• dgballer

@Zieg30 said...

Saros is likely going to start tonight in place of Rinne. Not yet confirmed, but likely.

When do they usually release starting goalies?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).