7:08 PM :  N.Y. Islanders ( 100 ) at  Pittsburgh ( -120 ) —- T: 5½o-15
    7:08 PM :  New Jersey ( 195 ) at  Boston ( -230 ) —- T: 5½u-10
    7:08 PM :  Nashville ( 100 ) at  Columbus ( -120 ) —- T: 5½o-15
    7:08 PM :  N.Y. Rangers ( -105 ) at  Philadelphia ( -115 ) —- T: 5½o-20
    8:08 PM :  San Jose ( 175 ) at  St. Louis ( -200 ) —- T: 5½o-30
    9:08 PM :  Los Angeles ( 135 ) at  Arizona ( -155 ) —- T: 5½u-15
    10:08 PM :  Minnesota ( -130 ) at  Anaheim ( 110 ) —- T: 5½u-25
    7:08 PM :  Buffalo ( 150 ) at  Washington ( -170 ) —- T: 6½u-20

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NHL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• cplatt87

This slate has so many expensive guys in good spots, I just know I’m going to pick the wrong ones.

• axman15

Might fade TOR/OTT all together. Matthews has been on a role, but he can’t continue at a goal per game rate (or can he?), and while underpriced, JT/Nylander just don’t look good right now.

Matthews is the best guy playing tonight though, so this very well could come back & burn me.

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@cplatt87 said...

This slate has so many expensive guys in good spots, I just know I’m going to pick the wrong ones.

We’re all in that same boat!

• Felixxberg

@axman15 said...

Might fade TOR/OTT all together. Matthews has been on a role, but he can’t continue at a goal per game rate (or can he?), and while underpriced, JT/Nylander just don’t look good right now.

Matthews is the best guy playing tonight though, so this very well could come back & burn me.

I wish Murray was in net. If they announce it’s Hogberg, it’s impossible to fade Toronto.

• cplatt87

@Felixxberg said...

I wish Murray was in net. If they announce it’s Hogberg, it’s impossible to fade Toronto.

It is almost assuredly going to be Hogberg vs Hutchinson since it’s the 2nd night of the B2B, so both teams are in good spots.

With Hogberg in net, I agree that Matthews, Marner and basically any leaf is in play. Hutchinson also sucks though so you can easily stack this game if that is indeed the goalie matchup.

• mr_papageorgio

Matthews/Marner/Reilly to start tonight. Against the Hog there is no other option.

Watch BUF1 go off tonight after crapping the bed at home twice in a row.

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

Have three tickets to the Monster and two to the Deke. Playing a much higher volume than normal.

I’m already pre-emptively tilted about what is going to happen.

My first entry on FD and on DK were BOS1 (a modified PP1 on DK), and now they’ve gone and mixed things up. Very frustrated.

TOR, WSH, BOS, STL, ARZ, and CBJ, all seem to be in interesting spots.

• Southie777

Well, I finally get my wish of breaking up “The Perfection Line” (🤮🤮🤮), so let’s see how this goes. The problem is that you can’t expect it to just blossom overnight! I wish they’d just say, barring injury, they’re giving it ten games and then they’ll reassess things. This honestly makes me like BOS1, BOS2, and BOS3. But, then, as I’ve made clear, I’m a lifelong Bruins fan, so I might be biased. They’re obviously not all gonna hit, but I think any of the 3 can have a nice night on any given night. And I will play all 3 at least once. Definitely have some DeBrusk one-offs, too. He’s definitely due for a 2G, 1A night soon, if he stays up with those guys. Kid’s got talent, he’s just inconsistent. Hope he sees what an opportunity this is for him. Also love the chemistry Krejci/Pasta have shown in the past. Just noticed they moved Frederic up to L 3 and Bjork down to L4, wish they’d kept Bjork on L3 like they had at practice the other day. But I love Frederick’s grit and that should be an exciting line, too.

• Felixxberg

@Zieg30 said...

My first entry on FD and on DK were BOS1 (a modified PP1 on DK), and now they’ve gone and mixed things up. Very frustrated.

TOR, WSH, BOS, STL, ARZ, and CBJ, all seem to be in interesting spots.

I see you’re a home teams guy too! I’m playing one in the Deke and that’s it. The FD one is already full!

• the_shashi

I have this feeling, today, that someone from the forum is going to win the deke tonight…

pointing at you zieg.

• mr_papageorgio

I got one in the Deke as well. Awful structure but as I said yesterday, finish first and the structure doesn’t matter. Let’s bring $50k to the forum tonight!

• Felixxberg

@mr_papageorgio said...

I got one in the Deke as well. Awful structure but as I said yesterday, finish first and the structure doesn’t matter. Let’s bring $50k to the forum tonight!

If I finish 1st, I’ll be pretty happy it’s a 33% to 1st!

• mr_papageorgio

@Felixxberg said...

If I finish 1st, I’ll be pretty happy it’s a 33% to 1st!

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

@the_shashi said...

I have this feeling, today, that someone from the forum is going to win the deke tonight…

pointing at you zieg.

Well, hopefully! But if not me, then hoping one of you! Or, really, hoping a bunch of us finish 1-5.

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

@mr_papageorgio said...

Brings me back to the first Spin of this season. In first place with full COL1 with two full periods to go. Likely FAVOURED to win $50k at that point, but no, two Lowry lineups get by me because of his career game. Lowry is my new nemesis.

• Felixxberg

@Zieg30 said...

Lowry is my new nemesis.

That’s for sure!

• Felixxberg

I won’t discuss plays because I don’t want to get blocked if I’m top 5 and people in front of me read what I say, but there’s some absolute massive value everywhere tonight!

• ifthethunder

I need to pick a goalie. In Kevin Lankinen I trust, all others pay cash.

(And Lankinen isn’t playing tonight.)

Any thoughts, forum fiends?
    ~

• Jbodnar

I think I like Blackwood in goal. He’s cheap and usually faces a lot of shots, so even if Boston gets a few by him, he can still pay off.
    I’m not sure if the new Bruins lines make me like him more or less

• axman15

I’m pretty high on Gibson tonight, the Wild offense doesn’t scare me but is in the top half of the league in shots/game. Gibson also posted a 34 save shutout in his only game against them this year.

• cplatt87

Agree on Gibson. Also don’t mind Vanecek

• Jbodnar

Yeah, Gibson’s a good call, too!
    Vanecek’s price is a little steep for me (especially on DK)

• ifthethunder

@axman15 said...

I’m pretty high on Gibson tonight, the Wild offense doesn’t scare me but is in the top half of the league in shots/game. Gibson also posted a 34 save shutout in his only game against them this year.

Thanks, Blackwood was my first choice but I want two. I’m also considering Semyon Varlamov. Tough matchup, but that’s where the blocked-shots bonus comes into play.
    ~

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

We have a lot to take in with this slate. I’m playing a chunk of lineups, and I hate the PHI lines so I’ll avoid them and also the BOS situation b/c idk how it’ll shake out. I disagree with the move on their part and I think both lines are downgraded. IMO it would have made more sense to move Marchand instead of Pasta.

• panters

Best of luck to all you high rollers tonight! I’ll stick with my quarters, etc. until I learn this NHL stuff in 10 or so years!

Cheers hautalak!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).