7:08 PM :  N.Y. Islanders ( 100 ) at  Pittsburgh ( -120 ) —- T: 5½o-15
    7:08 PM :  New Jersey ( 195 ) at  Boston ( -230 ) —- T: 5½u-10
    7:08 PM :  Nashville ( 100 ) at  Columbus ( -120 ) —- T: 5½o-15
    7:08 PM :  N.Y. Rangers ( -105 ) at  Philadelphia ( -115 ) —- T: 5½o-20
    8:08 PM :  San Jose ( 175 ) at  St. Louis ( -200 ) —- T: 5½o-30
    9:08 PM :  Los Angeles ( 135 ) at  Arizona ( -155 ) —- T: 5½u-15
    10:08 PM :  Minnesota ( -130 ) at  Anaheim ( 110 ) —- T: 5½u-25
    7:08 PM :  Buffalo ( 150 ) at  Washington ( -170 ) —- T: 6½u-20

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NHL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• hautalak

I think you have some more SDs to win!!!

Tough night to build but I do see some value here tonight. Kind of want another gimmick for tonight but not sure how to. Was think something with names, maybe countries, or something to that nature. Would be too hard to follow along.

• OttawaCityMadman

Go all Russian or Swe/Finns, something like that?

• hautalak

@OttawaCityMadman said...

Go all Russian or Swe/Finns, something like that?

Yeah I was thinking along those lines but there’s always “grey areas” for those.

I could do nobody over 6K besides a goalie or something maybe? So the “balanced” gimmick haha

• Krausehouse

• 2020 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

There is too many good spots tonight. This is gonna be a tough build.

• feezyg

I’m liking MIN 2 a lot. Tryna nail down some goalies looking at Hutch Blackwood and Gibson maybe Hog in a pinch. Tor lines not really as scary as they should be imo…

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@Krausehouse said...

There is too many good spots tonight. This is gonna be a tough build.

True, very true. I’m waiting for Adam’s updated stats and maybe warmup news to make my final decisions.

• keithj31216

I am thinking STL tonight.. What do you guys think?

• cplatt87

First instinct was to go Matthews/Ovechkin, but I feel that’s going to be a very popular pair so I might try to be a bit different.

Ultimately, there’s enough value out there that you can fit basically anything you want for the most part. You can probably even jam in three of the 8k guys if you really want to.

• OttawaCityMadman

@hautalak said...

Yeah I was thinking along those lines but there’s always “grey areas” for those.

I could do nobody over 6K besides a goalie or something maybe? So the “balanced” gimmick haha

I like those, or Low Score but use $45000

• qatman

I’m back, because I have to be (daily H2H league). Yesterday was another series of losses. Today, I am playing Matthews and Ovechkin in cash and some of the first liners below 3k. No one else from TOR tonight so I’m sure they’ll net half a dozen.

Good luck, friends.

• thedkexperience

Well, yesterday was the worst day by far for me but not a total loss, I still chose a goalie who scored 20 points. While it wasn’t optimal at least I still picked a guy who did well. Consistency!

Today I’m going to back two goalies for once!

Toronto’s backup Hutchinson, if he isn’t a total stiff, should have a good night. Also, I really like Carter Hart this evening. Bonus points because I know who he is too!

• mr_papageorgio

@thedkexperience said...

Also, I really like Carter Hart this evening

I’m on the Rangers so this is an extremely sharp take! 100% guaranteed shutout.

• marker0357

I’m going with a mixture of B’s

• thedkexperience

@mr_papageorgio said...

I ended up taking Hart in my final build and I got 3 more Flyers right there with him!

This might be the first hockey game I’ll watch this year.

• thedkexperience

@cplatt87 said...

First instinct was to go Matthews/Ovechkin, but I feel that’s going to be a very popular pair so I might try to be a bit different.

Ultimately, there’s enough value out there that you can fit basically anything you want for the most part. You can probably even jam in three of the 8k guys if you really want to.

As the resident casual … I can confirm I’m using both Matthews and Ovechkin.

• zovyn

Wait… wtf… Saint Louis isn’t playing Arizona? I don’t even know how to handle that, I thought they were ONLY going to play the ‘yotes this season… :P

• Zieg30

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

@mr_papageorgio said...

I had Panarin-Fox-Shesty in one of the big ones, but upon confirmation of the Georgiev news, I’m suddenly Ovechkin-Dumba-Kahk instead. I miss my Rangers.

I have a Kakko one-off in the Deke, but it was a nicer Kakko-Miller pairing before it was announced Miller was out.

• Canuckage

Lots of injuries to the NYR blueline. Any word on PP2 for NYR

• zovyn

NHL.com DFS pick: “Barzal and Lee can be stacked in DFS against the Pittsburgh Penguins, who are tied with the Buffalo Sabres and San Jose Sharks for fewest regulation wins (two).”

This isn’t a pitch for Barzal/Lee – it’s the second half of the statement that threw me. I had to read it twice. What a crazy stat.

• Steverino01

My whole roster is nothing but 7:00 PM ET guys. That worries me.

• OttawaCityMadman

Anyone looking at S Vatennen NJ? First game back, I dont see him getting more than 12-14mins, he will prob be irrelevant, but keep an eye on him.

• zovyn

Ugh – Pens move Rust to PIT2 with Malkin and bump Kapanen up to L1 with Syd/Jake… because… when you have a really good line that’s working well, the best thing to do is mix it up. :sigh: Rust was a lock for me until that. And with Varly in net now I feel like maybe I’m fading PIT altogether.

• cplatt87

No Chabot for Ottawa. I assume that means Rielly gets PP1 time but just a guess.

• axman15

@zovyn said...

Ugh – Pens move Rust to PIT2 with Malkin and bump Kapanen up to L1 with Syd/Jake… because… when you have a really good line that’s working well, the best thing to do is mix it up. :sigh: Rust was a lock for me until that. And with Varly in net now I feel like maybe I’m fading PIT altogether.

I really like Malkin as a one off, he hasn’t been great but $5100 is far too low for him.

Also like Lehtonen as a minimum price D tonight, he should get time on TOR PP2

• mr_papageorgio

@Zieg30 said...

I had Panarin-Fox-Shesty in one of the big ones, but upon confirmation of the Georgiev news, I’m suddenly Ovechkin-Dumba-Kahk instead. I miss my Rangers.

I have a Kakko one-off in the Deke, but it was a nicer Kakko-Miller pairing before it was announced Miller was out.

I had something similar but I actually bailed and have some Flyers now due to jamming more TOR in and I don’t trust Georgiev.

GL tonight guys!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).