• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:05 PM : 51 San Jose ( 0 ) at 52 Carolina ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    7:05 PM : 53 N.Y. Islanders ( -115 ) at 54 New Jersey ( -105 ) —- T: -115
    7:05 PM : 55 Buffalo ( 125 ) at 56 Columbus ( -145 ) —- T: 125
    7:35 PM : 57 Philadelphia ( -105 ) at 58 Montreal ( -115 ) —- T: -105
    9:05 PM : 59 Vancouver ( 130 ) at 60 Calgary ( -150 ) —- T: 130

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• BobGrinder

@deejones49 said...

Like NJ tonight

Best logo in all of sports IMO.

• BeltWieldindad

@kdub said...

Kind of tough to stack lines today so many Centers on DK

Ive been talking about this on and off for the last 2 or 3 weeks now; its getting to the point where its more than just a slight annoyance at this point. Almost every team has 3 centers(on DK) in their top 6, and there are some teams who have 4. Makes line stacking in GPPs almost impossible because if you wanted to stack say MTL1 and CBJ2, you cant because they have 4 centers between them.

• Aalbanese102089

@BobGrinder said...

Disagree.

• kdub

@BeltWieldindad said...

Ive been talking about this on and off for the last 2 or 3 weeks now; its getting to the point where its more than just a slight annoyance at this point. Almost every team has 3 centers(on DK) in their top 6, and there are some teams who have 4. Makes line stacking in GPPs almost impossible because if you wanted to stack say MTL1 and CBJ2, you cant because they have 4 centers between them.

Yeah its a pain in the ass on many occasions, but oh well

• BobGrinder

@Aalbanese102089 said...

Disagree

Your pick would be? I’m a Flyers fan BTW, NJ native but I’d been bleeding orange and black for years before the Rockies moved to Jersey.

• fantasybender

@BobGrinder said...

Your pick would be? I’m a Flyers fan BTW, NJ native but I’d been bleeding orange and black for years before the Rockies moved to Jersey.

It’s clearly the Indian head. The Blackhawks logo is a timeless classic and it embodies the pride of the great Chicago fan base.

• DirtysBurgers

Just plugged my numbers into the spreadsheet and it spit out Montreal as the pick of the night. I guess I need to start working on a new spreadsheet cuz this one is clearly defective…

• Aalbanese102089

@BobGrinder said...

Clearly the Hawk head.

• BobGrinder

@fantasybender said...

It’s clearly the Indian head. The Blackhawks logo is a timeless classic and it embodies the pride of the great Chicago fan base.

You mean the non-native-American guy with some feathers in his hair?

• yountingly

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #27

RG Tiered Ranking

@EasyRawlins said...

First brag ever – took down the FD Breakaway last night with 86.2 FD points. Thanks to all of you for the discussions and research tips.

Congratulations. Great job.

• BobGrinder

@BobGrinder said...

You mean the non-native-American guy with some feathers in his hair?

I’m looking at Aalbanese’s version when I say that. :P

• kdub

cmon flyers, why you gotta start neuvirth…

• JackLotte

@kdub said...

they have a game tomorrow. I probably would have started mason today, but i am not a nhl coach

• fantasybender

@BeltWieldindad said...

Interesting topic. I hate when I can’t 3×3 my favorite stacks. Something I’d like to study is how this affects the relationship between double-center and double-wing lines in terms of ownership. For example, based on the expected lines for tonight, I would assume that the double center problem tonight will lead to even higher ownership of CGY1. I don’t have any research to support this but if you went in and made every reasonable 3×3 stack possible, I would reason that you would arrive at more CGY1, CBJ1 and BUF1 exposure than initial perception would lead to believe.

• mattneverwins

@BobGrinder said...

as a flyers fan i second that

• EasyRawlins

@Olhausen said...

Very nice. Especially hard to do in such a high scoring night!

Got lucky I guess. :-)

• BeltWieldindad

@fantasybender said...

Interesting topic. I hate when I can’t 3×3 my favorite stacks. Something I’d like to study is how this affects the relationship between double-center and double-wing lines in terms of ownership. For example, based on the expected lines for tonight, I would assume that the double center problem tonight will lead to even higher ownership of CGY1. I don’t have any research to support this but if you went in and made every reasonable 3×3 stack possible, I would reason that you would arrive at more CGY1, CBJ1 and BUF1 exposure than initial perception would lead to believe.

with the example I used, high volume players will just run a 2(CBJ2)-3(MTL1)-1(random skater, correlated with a D or goalie maybe?) stack and then do it again with 3(CBJ2)-2(MTL)-1(random skater). But for people who do like to 3×3 and cant make a million lineups, i can definitely see it leading to MTL2 or CBJ1 getting a slight boost in ownership while MTL1 and CBJ2 get a slight decrease.

• awilson45

@kdub said...

This might be a hot take, but I swear Neuvirth is just as good as Mason.

• ivymoose

@EasyRawlins said...

Got lucky I guess. :-)

Was up there with you as far as going Rangers-Coyotes. Dallas was playing 3rd in 4 nights and Domi-Hanzal-Duclair were clicking in what looked to be a high scoring affair. Had Kreider-Step-Zuc, but top two lines were shaken up during warmup after lock- you nailed the Miller-Zuc pair, which was part of a new line that hit. Congrats!

• fantasybender

@BeltWieldindad said...

with the example I used, high volume players will just run a 2(CBJ2)-3(MTL1)-1(random skater, correlated with a D or goalie maybe?) stack and then do it again with 3(CBJ2)-2(MTL)-1(random skater). But for people who do like to 3×3 and cant make a million lineups, i can definitely see it leading to MTL2 or CBJ1 getting a slight boost in ownership while MTL1 and CBJ2 get a slight decrease.

Good point with the high volumers. What I want to know is if, on average, players will alter their top line selections just to go 3×3 or if the 3-2-1 strategy will be the pivot adopted by most lineups. Luckily for us, the slate and line projections tonight make this a fairly easy topic to investigate.

• Dewoc19

oh yeah, Hawks logo is by far the best hockey team logo

• Strikeouts

What do you think about Wennberg for cash on FD today? He is only $3900, has a 3 game point streak going and is in a great matchup. The few times I’ve watched him play it looks like he has some skill.

• maxeernst

@Strikeouts said...

What do you think about Wennberg for cash on FD today? He is only $3900, has a 3 game point streak going and is in a great matchup. The few times I’ve watched him play it looks like he has some skill.

Sorry thought you said DK. EDITED

• Strikeouts

Looks like the pros have Giroux ranked ahead of Monahan. It looks like Monahan is in a better spot today. Am I missing something?

• maxeernst

From my DK h2h incentives article:

“Montreal has lost 3 straight, allowing 15 goals against over those games. Mike Condon will be in net and he has gone 0-4-0 with a 3.90 GAA and .868 SV% since the All-Star break.”

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).