• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:05 PM : 51 San Jose ( 0 ) at 52 Carolina ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    7:05 PM : 53 N.Y. Islanders ( -115 ) at 54 New Jersey ( -105 ) —- T: -115
    7:05 PM : 55 Buffalo ( 125 ) at 56 Columbus ( -145 ) —- T: 125
    7:35 PM : 57 Philadelphia ( -105 ) at 58 Montreal ( -115 ) —- T: -105
    9:05 PM : 59 Vancouver ( 130 ) at 60 Calgary ( -150 ) —- T: 130

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• Strikeouts

@maxeernst said...

Sorry thought you said DK. EDITED

Well, what do you think about him in general for cash? I always love to hear your opinion. You seem to break things down very well.

• maxeernst

@Strikeouts said...

Well, what do you think about him in general for cash? I always love to hear your opinion. You seem to break things down very well.

My first reaction is kind of meh. But he does play with Saad at even strength and then see PP time with what has been the better unit lately. Can’t be terrible as a punt. The match-up is okay.

He may be an okay play, but what really matters is if he is the best play in that price range. It’s not a huge slate, so every player you roster is in lieu of guys other people may have.

There should be plenty of cheap value coming from Vancouver, Montreal, and Carolina tonight. It’s likely there is a better play out there.

• Strikeouts

@maxeernst said...

There should be plenty of cheap value coming from Vancouver, Montreal, and Carolina tonight. It’s likely there is a better play out there.

I did look at Eller as well ($100 cheaper on FD) but thought that Columbus had the better matchup. I also like ROR ($500 more) but that takes Korpisalo out of play then.

• Strikeouts

@maxeernst said...

From my DK h2h incentives article:

“Montreal has lost 3 straight, allowing 15 goals against over those games. Mike Condon will be in net and he has gone 0-4-0 with a 3.90 GAA and .868 SV% since the All-Star break.”

Vancouver has also lost 3 straight games (all at home), allowing 15 goals against over those games. Vegas has Calgary at -150. I know Markstrom is better than Condon and was playing well until his last game against Min where he gave up 5.

I understand Montreal has been terrible lately and Condon is horrible but vegas has the line at -120.

• 0regrets

Any thoughts on the NYI 1st pp unit? Tavares, Lee, Nielsen (access to all 3 lines)

• BeltWieldindad

@Strikeouts said...

Looks like the pros have Giroux ranked ahead of Monahan. It looks like Monahan is in a better spot today. Am I missing something?

Personally I see no reason to use Giroux over Monahan in cash. Potentially in a GPP, but in cash i would 100% roll monahan. MTL at home is a better team than PHI on the road, and CAL at home is a much much better team than VAN on the road and b2b. Calgary, specifically Monahan and Gaudreau, should be almost everyone’s top plays tonight if salary is not factored in, and I believe their ownership will very much so reflect that.

• Strikeouts

@0regrets said...

Any thoughts on the NYI 1st pp unit? Tavares, Lee, Nielsen (access to all 3 lines)

The Devils play the slowest pace of any team in the NHL. This is a really bad matchup for NYI.

• jonsousa46

I’m having a hard time deciding between Voracek and Simmonds in FD cash this evening. I already have PHI1 exposure with Schenn, and I also have Ghost slotted into one of my D spots. I’m not sure if I need two line exposure with PHI, but it would help me cover my bases if they do go off.

Thoughts?

• bstreich9

lol at no mention of the Wild logo as best logo. C’mon now lol. Features all of the golden features of MN, rivers, trees, the northstar, the bear head..great logo

• kirby34

Feel a lot more comfortable rostering Korpisalo tonight than I do Hiller in cash games. Blue Jackets are better defensively at home than the Flames are. Buffalo also shoots more than Vancouver, so Korpisalo has a higher floor. The fact that these are the top two goalies for cash games though just shows how bad this slate is for goalies.

• maxeernst

Honestly, if you roster Hiller in cash games tonight, good luck. Please join my games.

He is a bad goalie. And Calgary sucks at defense.

• bstreich9

I have Cam Ward in one of my GPPs…I feel like I am gonna puke..

• keephustlincuz

@bstreich9 said...

I have Cam Ward in one of my GPPs…I feel like I am gonna puke..

It’s a nice gpp play. If Korpisalo blows up you could be in a good spot.

• zork212

gpp goalie: leaning towards lehner. reasoning he has had a good history vs columbus. Columbus takes stupid penalties. Joonas’ luck has to run out… reality check wow I’m debating in my mind between two bottom dwelling sucking teams on who might be better… win etc. lol
    It’s a crap shoot on this one. Now to think about Montreal… Reality check: they suck, no stat or fluffy possession talk, shooting percentages etc will make this pile of manure smell like roses.

• Aalbanese102089

I’m rolling out Hiller. We can h2h if you want Max, just send me an invite!

• small1dawg

@kirby34 said...

Feel a lot more comfortable rostering Korpisalo tonight than I do Hiller in cash games. Blue Jackets are better defensively at home than the Flames are. Buffalo also shoots more than Vancouver, so Korpisalo has a higher floor. The fact that these are the top two goalies for cash games though just shows how bad this slate is for goalies.

hiller is terrible i don’t think he should even be in consideration for cash i can easily see this nucks/flames game being 5-4..I think schneider best goalie option on the slate.

• maxeernst

@Aalbanese102089 said...

I’m rolling out Hiller. We can h2h if you want Max, just send me an invite!

Send along whatever challenge you’d like. Maxeernst on DK

• Strikeouts

@jonsousa46 said...

I’m having a hard time deciding between Voracek and Simmonds in FD cash this evening. I already have PHI1 exposure with Schenn, and I also have Ghost slotted into one of my D spots. I’m not sure if I need two line exposure with PHI, but it would help me cover my bases if they do go off.

Thoughts?

Its really only the top line that scores for PHI. Simmonds is a much better play IMO.

• mattneverwins

markstrom is 5-1-3 with a 1.97 GAA and .940 on the road this year. I know CGY plays much better at home but still.

• kdub

I dont have much exposure to buffalo today.. bad move?

• zork212

@maxeernst said...

Honestly, if you roster Hiller in cash games tonight, good luck. Please join my games.

I think the term they use in baseball is “gas can”. Hiller is a gas can and I agree The flames suck at defense. Sedin is the match that is going to light up the gas can.

• yuda

Its between Jones and Joonas for me. Surprised Sharks went with Jones again on the back to back with OT last night. Shows how much confidence hey have in Stalock.

• julieduke33

@maxeernst said...

Great, now he is going to get a shutout….not that I disagree with your thoughts but whenever someone dogs someone hey have a good game…

• zork212

@kdub said...

I dont have much exposure to buffalo today.. bad move?

time will tell. I do have exposure to buffalo, Sam Reinhart has been on a good tear. I’ve got in GPP. It will be interesting to see how this game plays out.

• srcripps

• x5

Blogger of the Month

I’m rolling with Thornton and Pavelski tonight, am I crazy, being the third game in 4 nights. I just have a feeling that SJ is goign to light up in Carolina

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).