7:05 PM :  Pittsburgh ( -130 ) at  Carolina ( 110 ) —- T: -130
    7:05 PM :  Ottawa ( -110 ) at  New Jersey ( -110 ) —- T: -110
    7:35 PM :  N.Y. Islanders ( -110 ) at  Detroit ( -110 ) —- T: -110
    7:35 PM :  Winnipeg ( 125 ) at  Toronto ( -145 ) —- T: 125
    7:35 PM :  Edmonton ( 100 ) at  Tampa Bay ( -120 ) —- T: 100
    8:05 PM :  Calgary ( 135 ) at  Nashville ( -155 ) —- T: 135
    8:05 PM :  Chicago ( 120 ) at  Minnesota ( -140 ) —- T: 120
    9:05 PM :  Los Angeles ( -180 ) at  Colorado ( 160 ) —- T: -180

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• lloydjv1

I cashed 17.80 on $7 worth of entries. Thats an improvement i reckon. Poop. Didn’t come close in the Spin O Rama though. Nite, folks.

• KOTN26

C CHI Jonathan Toews $6000 16.5
    C CGY Mikael Backlund $5300 8
    W TB Ondrej Palat $4900 8
    W TB Nikita Kucherov $7000 13
    W NSH Filip Forsberg $5800 12.5
    D TOR Jake Gardiner $4200 7.5
    D CGY Mark Giordano $5000 7
    G PIT Matt Murray $8100 7.8
    UTIL CHI Nick Schmaltz $3600 8.5

• chatmar

Cashed in 18 of 20 line ups. Looked like it helped to have a hammer or 2 in the late game. Can it last? LOL

• KindGuy

Are you freaking kidding me? Missed cashing by .7 points ugh!!!

• KindGuy

Freaking BS man. Testosterown ain’t nothing without his multi entry… smh.

Just checked his other entries and he just locks in 2 D-men and a goalie and stacks 2 lines. No point in single entering these huge NHL contests.

• Canuckage

@elementasrat said...

Hedman over Dustin….. that’s gonna burn.

Don’t say that, it’s gonna make me cry.

• KindGuy

@Canuckage said...

Don’t say that, it’s gonna make me cry.

Dude I missed the cash line by .7 freaking points.. cry me a river

• nickelos85

53.8 was my best lineup in the mini spin. Lots of ups and downs in hockey. Losing about 30 40 percent of money, least I’m not shittin the bed.

• PDFOUR

Was Chris Krieder a bad play? Or did he just bust for the night?

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

@PDFOUR said...

Was Chris Krieder a bad play? Or did he just bust for the night?

Krieder is a very streaky player. This was also likely going to be a low scoring tight game, and the Rangers’ goals can come from any of 3 lines nowadays.

Krieder is a risky player to choose unless he’s hot. He’s frankly overpriced at the moment.

• dyavid

Had a good sweat tonight sitting in 2nd for the mini spin after the forsberg hatty. thought I had a chance to at least stick top ten but toews crushed my hopes and dreams

• mathewsmarner

for tomorrow, can you guys say brandon manning brandon manning brandon manning

• KindGuy

@dyavid said...

Had a good sweat tonight sitting in 2nd for the mini spin after the forsberg hatty. thought I had a chance to at least stick top ten but toews crushed my hopes and dreams

Toews was that highly owned?

• Canuckage

@elementasrat said...

Dude I missed the cash line by .7 freaking points.. cry me a river

lol that Buff > Hedman probably costed me like 20k

• nickelos85

@elementasrat said...

Toews was that highly owned?

4.8% in the mini spin.

• KindGuy

@Canuckage said...

lol that Buff > Hedman probably costed me like 20k

So? It cost me $3.73!!!

• KindGuy

@nickelos85 said...

4.8% in the mini spin.

So I’m guessing he wasn’t a good play. Yep, the “pros” just maxed out the entries and put in every line possible. So much skill huh.

• Canuckage

@elementasrat said...

So I’m guessing he wasn’t a good play. Yep, the “pros” just maxed out the entries and put in every line possible. So much skill huh.

Toews is more under the radar last few games but he is playing top pp with Kane so thats +1.

• mathewsmarner

so i was making a soccer lineup and lightning struck my brain i had an epiphany….i put in a lei goalie and my defenders were there opponents sevilla and that got me thinking upon strategy, why not do the same for hockey, your defenceman should be opposite that of your goalie why you ask because your defences primary role is to guard the net. In the fact that your fantasy goalie is up 1 with 1min remaining the opposing team (your defence…yes a guy like karlsson,parise,letang) will skate up the ice and shoot more shots and if in fact he does get the tying goal, that leaves you the opportunity to get another 3 points in o.t. for the goalie win (its asking a lot like a empty net but its a possibility)….now not so much if the goalie is up by 2 cause then the opposing team will just throw in forwards. I would like to use tonight’s ottawa game as an example….they were banged up, no stone no ryan no hoffman, turris got the first goal and karlsson (their d man got the second) phaneuf with an assist on karlsson’s goal. Ottawa wins 2-1 over the devils.

• NextSignal

I don’t get how low ownership in any way indicates a bad play. I’ve seen this comment multiple times in the past few days, is it just the influx of people? You want low ownership if you’re playing GPP’s. You should be looking for every single possible player that may potentially go unnoticed, especially players of Toews’ calibre, before you do just about anything else. A 25% ownership rate and $0 in winnings should not make you pat yourself on the back and assume that you’re playing the game right under any circumstances.

Plus 5% ownership was still like 1100 teams in the bigger tournaments tonight. That’s more than just a lucky play for mass-entering robots devoid of skill…

• Canuckage

@mathewsmarner said...

so i was making a soccer lineup and lightning struck my brain i had an epiphany….i put in a lei goalie and my defenders were there opponents sevilla and that got me thinking upon strategy, why not do the same for hockey, your defenceman should be opposite that of your goalie why you ask because your defences primary role is to guard the net. In the fact that your fantasy goalie is up 1 with 1min remaining the opposing team (your defence…yes a guy like karlsson,parise,letang) will skate up the ice and shoot more shots and if in fact he does get the tying goal, that leaves you the opportunity to get another 3 points in o.t. for the goalie win (its asking a lot like a empty net but its a possibility)….now not so much if the goalie is up by 2 cause then the opposing team will just throw in forwards. I would like to use tonight’s ottawa game as an example….they were banged up, no stone no ryan no hoffman, turris got the first goal and karlsson (their d man got the second) phaneuf with an assist on karlsson’s goal. Ottawa wins 2-1 over the devils.

Not sure if I exactly get what you are saying but generally to win GPP, you need a pretty perfect line up where goalie gets a shutout or 1 GAA. You would also need your dman to ideally put up some points which wouldn’t happen if your goalie gets a shutout.

• TicketRaven

any luck with that?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).