NHL FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

8:05 PM :  Ottawa ( 150 ) at  Chicago ( -170 ) —- T: 150
    10:05 PM :  Dallas ( 0 ) at  Anaheim ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    10:35 PM :  Calgary ( 0 ) at  Vegas ( 0 ) —- T: 0

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• RandysCrow

Surprised that scheduling had made such a small slate on the final day before the NBA comes back from break and especially since it also falls on a Wednesday so it’s the day before a golf tourney would start at well.

You would think that they would have tried to capitalize on the “bored” sports fanatics.

I’ll be honest, and say that I am not even what you consider a casual fan. I have been to a handful of games and hockey is much better live than on TV. I just got into DFS sports a few months this ago and I dabbled in the NHL DFS during this NBA break. It was enjoyable and I even turned a very small profit ($6 I believe).

With that being said, I think I am going to study up on the game a little bit more so that I know at least the basic rules and such and watch a little more hockey.

I think that the sports world owes a lot to DFS and other fantasy sports types as I can’t be the only one that has been turned on to a “new product” because of the fantasy aspect of it. I still won’t wver be the biggest hockey fan, but the NHL has gained at least another modest follower of nothing else.

So on to tonight….I am going to assume that we are all stacking as many players from Calgary/Vegas game? Probably the route I am going and adding the Anaheim goalie Miller.

• winnerchickendinner

How do you find out who is on the penalty kill units?

• PhoFever

@RandysCrow said...

I’ll be honest, and say that I am not even what you consider a casual fan

If you are a T-Wolves fan and from Minnesota, shouldn’t a love for hockey be programmed into your genetic code?

In any case, I doubt that NHL scheduling is concerned much about bored NBA DFS players on a random Wednesday. I think that overall, NHL DFS has probably done pretty well for itself over the entire break, if Yahoo participation is any indication.

For tonight, I’m much more interested in ANA and OTT/CHI than I am in Calgary. What makes you like CGY? The way Fleury has been playing, I’m thinking I’m fading them.

• RandysCrow

@Seahawktom said...

If you are a T-Wolves fan and from Minnesota, shouldn’t a love for hockey be programmed into your genetic code?

I am from upstate NY, I just never got into hockey.

I wasn’t mentioning scheduling from a DFS stand point but more from an actual fan standpoint. DFS is just the bonus of how the schedule worked.

I don’t like Calgary, was more so looking st it from a Vegas side. My thinking was that they wouldn’t have back to back subpar games and that for they are home.

• Felixxberg

Well, last night of big contests means I have to deposit. Except for Saturday it has been a rough week! Last try tonight!

• hautalak

Yeah last night did not go well. My fault for trusting VAN but the EDM game was rough too. Only playing 2 lineups today and will not take advantage of the larger contests. It was “fun” while it lasted. Back to taking a backseat to everything.

Finally time to go “all-in” on CHI or has that shipped sailed weeks ago?

• Brenmike922

Gonna spend more time in the NHL DFS world and less/none on NBA. I played hockey from the age of 6 to 38 until most of my joints gave out. Lifelong Flyers fan and my favorite sport to watch. Being on this forum the last few days makes me realize how great the sport is.

• hautalak

@Brenmike922 said...

Gonna spend more time in the NHL DFS world and less/none on NBA. I played hockey from the age of 6 to 38 until most of my joints gave out. Lifelong Flyers fan and my favorite sport to watch. Being on this forum the last few days makes me realize how great the sport is.

Good to have a fellow hockey player back! I’ve been out for a little over 5 years and have been playing DFS for about 3. Just like any other sport, just because you know it does not make you good at it. You still have to put in the time and understand what is best from a DFS standpoint. It also helps to get lucky once in a while. So good luck and getting rid of NBA should alleviate some stress.

• Brenmike922

@hautalak said...

Good to have a fellow hockey player back! I’ve been out for a little over 5 years and have been playing DFS for about 3. Just like any other sport, just because you know it does not make you good at it. You still have to put in the time and understand what is best from a DFS standpoint. It also helps to get lucky once in a while. So good luck and getting rid of NBA should alleviate some stress.

Been playing DFS for about 2 years now, mostly football and baseball with some NBA. I don’t even watch much NBA but I’ll always watch a hockey game. I know the payouts aren’t like the NBA but I’m not here to get rich, just have a little fun and maybe make some spending money.

• hautalak

@Brenmike922 said...

I know the payouts aren’t like the NBA but I’m not here to get rich, just have a little fun and maybe make some spending money.

Well this week they were haha Honestly that was why I was playing NBA for a while but it just got to be too much. And when I really think about it, I am more likely to cash in NHL than NBA. Even when I did cash in NBA it was for min to only like 4x so not worth playing something I do not really enjoy.

As for hockey I love making lineups! They’re not always good but at least they’re under my control unlike NBA with all the tags, injuries, coach’s decision, etc.). I hope you have success and keep stopping by here because there’s always something you can from this forum whether it be line change, who chalk will be, mispricing, or whatever the case.

• Barnold89

I’ve played 3 slates in the past few days and I have been crushing it. Well I crushed it one time and cashed the other two.

The thing is I’ve never cared for hockey. But as a effect of me playing dfs I’ve started watching it. That shit is pretty exciting. On the dfs side, it’s like a cross between baseball and basketball with some twist. I really dig it.

Matching lines, one offs, nailing the goalie.

• Brenmike922

With only 3 game slate, just gonna have a few lineups with mix of DAL1/2, VGK2 and DAL/CHI D. Not a big fan of Ryan Miller tonight. He’s 1-7 (with 3 OT losses) last 11 starts vs. the Stars last 5 years

• hautalak

@Barnold89 said...

The thing is I’ve never cared for hockey. But as a effect of me playing dfs I’ve started watching it. That shit is pretty exciting. On the dfs side, it’s like a cross between baseball and basketball with some twist. I really dig it.

Matching lines, one offs, nailing the goalie.

That’s awesome! Most don’t even give it a chance so I applaud you for that.

I think I like NHL lineup building best but golf is a close 2nd.

• Blahaaron

No Hip check today 😣 all we get is that pitiful single entry dollar game for the main slate. That’s shitty.

• sizzlebeans

@winnerchickendinner said...

How do you find out who is on the penalty kill units?

Use LeftWingLock.com

For example, here are the Ducks players who have been on the PK over their last three games. There are drop menus where you can change the teams and how many games you want to look at (or certain games in particular). It also allows you to toggle between PK, PP, and even strength.

https://leftwinglock.com/line-combinations/anaheim-ducks/?team=anaheim-ducks&strength=SH&gametype=3

• Blahaaron

@RandysCrow said...

Surprised that scheduling had made such a small slate on the final day before the NBA comes back from break and especially since it also falls on a Wednesday so it’s the day before a golf tourney would start at well.

You would think that they would have tried to capitalize on the “bored” sports fanatics.

I’ll be honest, and say that I am not even what you consider a casual fan. I have been to a handful of games and hockey is much better live than on TV. I just got into DFS sports a few months this ago and I dabbled in the NHL DFS during this NBA break. It was enjoyable and I even turned a very small profit ($6 I believe).

With that being said, I think I am going to study up on the game a little bit more so that I know at least the basic rules and such and watch a little more hockey.

I think that the sports world owes a lot to DFS and other fantasy sports types as I can’t be the only one that has been turned on to a “new product” because of the fantasy aspect of it. I still won’t wver be the biggest hockey fan, but the NHL has gained at least another modest follower of nothing else.

So on to tonight….I am going to assume that we are all stacking as many players from Calgary/Vegas game? Probably the route I am going and adding the Anaheim goalie Miller.

We have 3 games every Wednesday. You can blame NBC for that. It is their rivalry themed night where teams who don’t have rivalries play each other. Usually involves Chicago or Pittsburgh.

• sizzlebeans

@hautalak said...

Finally time to go “all-in” on CHI or has that shipped sailed weeks ago?

I might still be on that ship :\

• Barnold89

@hautalak said...

That’s awesome! Most don’t even give it a chance so I applaud you for that.

I think I like NHL lineup building best but golf is a close 2nd.

Thanks guy. Any tips for the small slate. I’m liking Dallas 1 and Ottawa 2.

• Blahaaron

Lol why is chicago favoured over ottawa? Ottawa ran into a good team the other night but They can score goals against crappy teams like Chicago.

• sizzlebeans

@Barnold89 said...

If you’re playing GPP, those would be solid game theory choices. Vegas will be massive chalk today, followed by ANA. The other 4 teams will be spread out.

• hautalak

@sizzlebeans said...

I might still be on that ship :\

Think I’m hopping on board too. Maybe they’ll keep losing but I think it’s the best option for tonight. Looks like they beat em 8-1 last time too.

• Blahaaron

Ottawa and Chicago screams game stack.

• Blahaaron

@Barnold89 said...

On 3 game slates it’s sometimes smarter to go 3 duos rather than two lines. I’ve been burned too many times on these days just playing two lines. I do better spreading out my players.

• hautalak

@Barnold89 said...

Well I’m going contrarian and taking some Hawks. I think L1 and L2 for me.

If playing favorites ANA L1 looks best to me personally. DAL isn’t quite as good not at home.

• Barnold89

Thanks for the input guys. I’ll Definetly factor all of that in.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler