7:05 PM :  Carolina ( -105 ) at  Florida ( -115 ) —- T: 6u-10
    7:05 PM :  Washington ( 145 ) at  Toronto ( -165 ) —- T: 6½o-30
    7:35 PM :  Buffalo ( 0 ) at  Tampa Bay ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    7:35 PM :  Philadelphia ( 115 ) at  Montreal ( -135 ) —- T: 6u-10
    8:05 PM :  Los Angeles ( 180 ) at  Nashville ( -220 ) —- T: 5½u-40
    8:35 PM :  St. Louis ( -125 ) at  Dallas ( 105 ) —- T: 5½u-40
    9:05 PM :  N.Y. Islanders ( 0 ) at  Edmonton ( 0 ) —- T: 5½u-30
    10:05 PM :  Arizona ( 120 ) at  Vancouver ( -140 ) —- T: 5½u-10

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• gairz

@Felixxberg said...

Thanks again to all!

Thank you!

i didn’t see last nights escapades but it couldn’t POSSIBLY top last weeks. That was fun to follow.

Link worked perfectly. thanks again..

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

@mr_papageorgio said...

I’m playing one LU in the $8 since I have a bunch of crowns and bought a ticket. I tried a new strategy today and made my LU in about 3 minutes while sitting on the “throne” since my LUs end up being crap anyway lol. DAL1 and some one offs for me tonight.

Sound reasoning so what could go wrong.

And yisman I was wondering the same thing. I’ll take the under and go 79 entries. Also love that trade for the Caps. IMO Hagelin has a lot more in the tank and has been undervalued (but for good reason). I could see him being a top 6 on the Caps. Maybe I’m living in the past with his Rangers days and PIT dynamic line (HBK). Forgot it was Bonino and not Malkin though.

• Syzltuth

@Felixxberg said...

Thanks again to all! I don’t know how to invite people so I’ll just post it here: https://www.draftkings.com/draft/contest/69472005. It’s a forum freeroll anyway so only people who read the thread will know! I put it at 200 entrants (the maximum) so that anyone can join.

The prize structure will be a little funky!

Position: prize

1: $50 + $8 ticket
    2: $45
    3: $40
    4: $35
    5: $30
    6: $25
    7: $20
    8: $15
    9: $10
    10: $5 + $1 ticket
    11 (bubble boy): $8 ticket
    Last: $8 ticket

Money prizes will be paid by e-transfer or PayPal. For the ticket prizes, I’ll enter a lineup for you in a future contest and I’ll give you the result of that lineup.

For the lineup that finishes last, it has to be an actual lineup with players who play.

Good luck to all!

Congrats on the win last night and thank you for doing this! I’ve heard a lot of guys say they’d do something like this over the years and then don’t do anything when they do, so it’s great that you did and I’m appreciative of your follow through. Take down another this season!

• yisman

Hagelin deal I think was already agreed upon earlier but the Capitals needed a roster spot. They put DSP on waivers yesterday and then had to wait until today for him to clear them (if he wasn’t claimed). They were originally expected to waive Jaskin.

For the record, no one claimed DSP.

• sizzlebeans

@gordylamb said...

NBA is back and I’ve completely ignored it in favor of NHL research, wtf have you guys done to me!

NHL has a different type of excitement. NBA goals are scored with such frequency that the peripheral stats tend to affect the outcomes as well. With so little to score in an NHL game, if you’re watching a game that you have a player or line in, you’re cheering like hell for a goal every time they get on the ice. It tends to generate a higher level of rooting interest…for me any way.

I don’t play NBA, so i don’t know how to compare the research, but NHL research is my favorite between it and NFL. No matter how much effort you put into research and producing line-ups that reflect the level of research you did, there is so much variance that we’re all mostly guessing. Still, there’s something satisfying about going through the process.

• sizzlebeans

@mr_papageorgio said...

I tried a new strategy today and made my LU in about 3 minutes while sitting on the “throne” since my LUs end up being crap anyway lol.

This is my tried and true strategy. I build at least one “gut lineup” from the throne every morning, and those usually end up the least shitty.

• mrmogz

Congrats Felix and thanks for putting on the freeroll!! Everyone is calling themselves for last place so I’ll go ahead and shoot for first place lol. Cheers!

• TnCowboy

Nice. Thanks and congrats last night sir!

• wisebri224

Thanks Felix! I’ve never tried hockey before but am slowly branching out so I’ll give this a go. I only really know about my hometown Hawks, so it’ll be nice to learn a bit more!

• terlingua

@sizzlebeans said...

NHL has a different type of excitement. NBA goals are scored with such frequency that the peripheral stats tend to affect the outcomes as well. With so little to score in an NHL game, if you’re watching a game that you have a player or line in, you’re cheering like hell for a goal every time they get on the ice. It tends to generate a higher level of rooting interest…for me any way.

I don’t play NBA, so i don’t know how to compare the research, but NHL research is my favorite between it and NFL. No matter how much effort you put into research and producing line-ups that reflect the level of research you did, there is so much variance that we’re all mostly guessing. Still, there’s something satisfying about going through the process.

This is a great take. I also get the impression you don’t kick yourself as hard in hockey dfs when things go awry. In NBA if a player(s) duds there is endless second guessing both from within (and from others) because you expect a very high performance from whomever and frankly everyone you pick – not much margin for error.

In NHL I get the feeling you expect some duds and try to insure against it as best you can…and live with the outcome (good or bad) a bit more easily.

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

Thanks again to all! I don’t know if someone will deliberately go for last place, picking only 4th liners. I guess it depends on how many people participate!

I like Vasi tonight as the safest goalie. Stecher is a lock at D. He’s like Hronek yesterday but with more TOI and better peripherals. For the forwards, the Kucherov line is the most obvious!

• yisman

as mentioned, Hedman is a GTD but obviously Point will return

McDavid took part in the morning skate so he should play.

Stecher is good value but so is Ben Hutton.

• RW

Hey Felixx, I don’t post too often but often lurk around this discussion board because of people like you, and quite a few of the other regulars to be perfectly honest, who post and share their knowledge regularly. I hope you don’t mind me snagging a spot in your freeroll on DK. I primarily play on Yahoo but am familiar with DK so it’d be nice to take down a spot that helps me try and build my BR there too. Big congrats on last night, it’s pretty awesome to know that people on these threads, especially recently it seems, are scooping some big wins and cashes.

• rgreuli

@Felixxberg said...

Thanks again to all! I don’t know how to invite people so I’ll just post it here: https://www.draftkings.com/draft/contest/69472005. It’s a forum freeroll anyway so only people who read the thread will know! I put it at 200 entrants (the maximum) so that anyone can join.

The prize structure will be a little funky!

Position: prize

1: $50 + $8 ticket
    2: $45
    3: $40
    4: $35
    5: $30
    6: $25
    7: $20
    8: $15
    9: $10
    10: $5 + $1 ticket
    11 (bubble boy): $8 ticket
    Last: $8 ticket

Money prizes will be paid by e-transfer or PayPal. For the ticket prizes, I’ll enter a lineup for you in a future contest and I’ll give you the result of that lineup.

For the lineup that finishes last, it has to be an actual lineup with players who play.

Good luck to all!

Thank you for this Felixxberg and congrats on the win. Anyway stacking TB, StL, FLA, NYR, and ARZ in this puppy.

• yisman

Everyone is welcome. Some people are going to be surprised when they see how many people read this thread!

I know the group of regular posters isn’t large, but most lurk. Similar to Twitter in that respect. Tons of people have accounts just for checking news and might tweet once a year.

• Felixxberg

@RW said...

Hey Felixx, I don’t post too often but often lurk around this discussion board because of people like you, and quite a few of the other regulars to be perfectly honest, who post and share their knowledge regularly. I hope you don’t mind me snagging a spot in your freeroll on DK. I primarily play on Yahoo but am familiar with DK so it’d be nice to take down a spot that helps me try and build my BR there too. Big congrats on last night, it’s pretty awesome to know that people on these threads, especially recently it seems, are scooping some big wins and cashes.

There’s no problem joining the freeroll! It’s there for anyone who reads the forum! The forum in general had some really nice results this season. It even started during the preseason!

• Felixxberg

@rgreuli said...

Thank you for this Felixxberg and congrats on the win. Anyway stacking TB, StL, FLA, NYR, and ARZ in this puppy.

No prob! That’s a lot of teams to stack in one lineup!

• sizzlebeans

Brayden Schenn is out (Schwartz moved up to top line)
    Viktor Arvidsson is a GTD (Fiala will move to top line if he’s out)
    Nazem Kadri is out (Nylander will center the 3rd line)

• RW

Small beans comparatively speaking but I manged to take down one of the $1 Yahoo 4-max tourneys with a mix of combos using DET1, CHI1, and COLPP2. What did your line up look like and what line up took 1st?

• PhoFever

@PocketsSloppy said...

https://www.draftkings.com/draft/contest/69472005

Felixx, what a nice gesture, you are one cool cat. I only have .17 in my DK account so you’ve allowed me the chance to get back in the game.

• yisman

@RW said...

Small beans comparatively speaking but I manged to take down one of the $1 Yahoo 4-max tourneys with a mix of combos using DET1, CHI1, and COLPP2. What did your line up look like and what line up took 1st?

https://www.draftkings.com/contest/gamecenter/69435092

• RW

cheers

• tristanwolf

ty felix!
    g luck tonight can the forum take down a gpp 3 nights in a row?!

• MarkC18

@Felixxberg said...

Let me know if the link doesn’t work and I’ll try again.

Long time troll of the forum…decided to jump in. Thanks Felix. The link worked fine for me.

• yisman

https://rotogrinders.com/threads/category/nhl

Just to show how the threads grew during the NBA All Star break. The break was Friday-Wednesday, so six days. Our daily threads were 6 pages, 6, 3, 16, 20, and 12.

The last six days before that were 3, 3, 4, 4, 4, and 5.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).