• Blogger of the Month

8:08 PM :  Detroit ( 267 ) at  N.Y. Islanders ( -330 ) —- T: 5½u-25
    7:08 PM :  N.Y. Rangers ( 151 ) at  Carolina ( -175 ) —- T: 6½u-20
    8:38 PM :  Nashville ( -127 ) at  Chicago ( 107 ) —- T: 6½u-20
    8:38 PM :  St. Louis ( 116 ) at  Dallas ( -134 ) —- T: 5½u-32
    9:08 PM :  Boston ( -147 ) at  Calgary ( 127 ) —- T: 5½o-20
    9:08 PM :  Minnesota ( -107 ) at  Edmonton ( -113 ) —- T: 5½o-17
    10:08 PM :  Colorado ( -160 ) at  Anaheim ( 140 ) —- T: 6u-25

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NHL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Volkster6

@Southie777 said...

Totally avoided that game all together, until I saw that Pietrangelo and Bozak were out, then I went in on a bunch of Bishop. 🙄

Interesting. Why would that make you jump all over Bishop? Neither of those guys really drive the offence.

And Zieg I was being sarcastic – sort of. I do hate narratives lol but do realize NYI ownership chalk is cause of Detroit

• yountingly

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #31

RG Tiered Ranking

I’m not a big believer in narratives. This is one I got behind because I live and breather this team. My favorite sport and my favorite team.

Have NYR1 with EDM1 in the breakaway. Best current lu. Francouz in net.

• zovyn

So…. at $4.4k (F/D) looks like Parayko was the Value D we were looking for…

• yisman

paying attention to the news crushes me again

• Steverino01

Eberle

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

Sitting in third in the $250 FHWC qual (which I won from a $4 satty a couple days ago). Same lineup as first place, but I have Bear and he has Brodin. Have a legit shot to take it down if Bear can outperform Brodin by a few points in the third, and I hold off an EDM1 stack lurking 30 points back with lots of PMR.

• gmen81

So they added an assist to Lee on Eberle’s 3rd goal but hasn’t been updated on DK or FD.

• keephustlincuz

@Zieg30 said...

Sitting in third in the $250 FHWC qual (which I won from a $4 satty a couple days ago). Same lineup as first place, but I have Bear and he has Brodin. Have a legit shot to take it down if Bear can outperform Brodin by a few points in the third, and I hold off an EDM1 stack lurking 30 points back with lots of PMR.

Good luck. You’ve been making some great lineups lately.

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

@gmen81 said...

So they added an assist to Lee on Eberle’s 3rd goal but hasn’t been updated on DK or FD.

In place of Barzal or Greene? I’m still seeing those two on the yahoo box score.

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

@keephustlincuz said...

Good luck. You’ve been making some great lineups lately.

Thanks. Had a couple nice runs two of the last three nights. Need the magic to continue just a little bit longer right now though a very nice night.

• stellagirl

So, just some random thoughts…

I always find it interesting, all of our differing opinions on this forum. It is, the most friendly, helpful RG forum I visit. Thanks to all of you for that.

Most of us play GPPs, but many of us at different buy-ins, and many of us with different objectives.

A $333 SE player’s lineup is going to look VASTLY different than a guy that ME’s the .25 QA and Hip Check, laying $25 total on the line. Game theory, ownership, and roster construction will differ, as well. Also, are you a go for broke player? Or a happy-to-grind-it-out kind of guy?

Do you play Austin Matthews because the other 12 high stakes guys probably will, and you are damn near obligated? Or, fade him in a 7,000 lineup GPP because you have 20 lineups to find the right pivot on another player that vaults you over a significant portion of the field.

It’s a friendly reminder that as we share data and contemplate each other’s ideas, our agendas may differ. I am a small stakes mass entry GPP guy,. My M.O. isn’t to make low-owned, mostly -EV plays (on average) looking for the big payday, and I certainly don’t feel obligated to play someone because everyone else will (see the $2.5k Blake Coleman debacle – I faded that train wreck and he was good for, what, 3 points?) But I get how you higher stakes players have to go there.

Any of you who follow JmToWin in the NFL know he always uses the analogy, “if this slate played 100 times, would this play be a GPP winning play?” If the odds it would be slate breaking are higher than the projected ownership, it may be a great play

It’s an interesting test I keep in the back of my mind. NYI, tonight, VS DET, was a good choice. Game ended 4-1, just not concentrated scoring in the right spot. So it was helpful, but not slate breaking. But over time, the right play. (Except maybe ownership: At 30%, that’s tough to leapfrog the field.

Enter MIN. Vegas underdogs, most of my MIN stacks well under 3%, so my research showed a possibility of some scoring, and I figured it’d be low owned, which it is.

Any as I was posting, Wild now up 5-3!!

I guess in the end, I just want to thank everyone for their input, different opinions, and challenging thoughts in a respectful way. Let’s remember we all have different objectives and perhaps caveat our thoughts with those objectives, so we can all be even more helpful to this team!

• stellagirl

@Zieg30 said...

Shit! Get it DONE!!!

• ezellmt

RG Contributor

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

• 2015 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

@stellagirl said...

It’s an interesting test I keep in the back of my mind. NYI, tonight, VS DET, was a good choice. Game ended 4-1, just not concentrated scoring in the right spot. So it was helpful, but not slate breaking. But over time, the right play. (Except maybe ownership: At 30%, that’s tough to leapfrog the field.

Eberle had a hat trick… If that’s not slate-breaking, I’m not sure what is! :)

• stellagirl

@ezellmt said...

Unfortunately not for me…

I have a DK lineup with Eberle and Spurgeon, both with hatties – 42 and 50 points respectively. 170 points. Making $1.50. Because, I had the wrong pieces of MIN………….

• yountingly

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #31

RG Tiered Ranking

@ezellmt said...

That’s what I was thinking . One guy scored 3 of the 4 goals . That’s not concentrated??

Of course I have that line with various Colorado pieces . Womp womp

Gl Zieg

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

@stellagirl said...

Shit! Get it DONE!!!

Sadly Brodin outpaced Bear a bit further in the third, and then Slewfoot came along with his MIN1-Spurgeon stack to take away any hope. Thankfully the payout structure in that qualifier is actually quite nice, so if I can hold third it’d still be a very good evening starting from a $4 satty. And I’m sitting in 8th in the $33 on DK, so if Erik Johnson can wake up, there’s some hope there too.

In any event, thanks for the good wishes, all. Sad I won’t be going to Nashville, but there’s always next year for all of us!

• stellagirl

I just cracked a beer and contemplating my DFS life. I typed it above, and am now comprehending it. 2 hat tricks in the same lineup, and making a buck. Not sure that has ever happened to me.

WTF.

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

@stellagirl said...

So, just some random thoughts…

I always find it interesting, all of our differing opinions on this forum. It is, the most friendly, helpful RG forum I visit. Thanks to all of you for that.

Most of us play GPPs, but many of us at different buy-ins, and many of us with different objectives.

A $333 SE player’s lineup is going to look VASTLY different than a guy that ME’s the .25 QA and Hip Check, laying $25 total on the line. Game theory, ownership, and roster construction will differ, as well. Also, are you a go for broke player? Or a happy-to-grind-it-out kind of guy?

Do you play Austin Matthews because the other 12 high stakes guys probably will, and you are damn near obligated? Or, fade him in a 7,000 lineup GPP because you have 20 lineups to find the right pivot on another player that vaults you over a significant portion of the field.

It’s a friendly reminder that as we share data and contemplate each other’s ideas, our agendas may differ. I am a small stakes mass entry GPP guy,. My M.O. isn’t to make low-owned, mostly -EV plays (on average) looking for the big payday, and I certainly don’t feel obligated to play someone because everyone else will (see the $2.5k Blake Coleman debacle – I faded that train wreck and he was good for, what, 3 points?) But I get how you higher stakes players have to go there.

Any of you who follow JmToWin in the NFL know he always uses the analogy, “if this slate played 100 times, would this play be a GPP winning play?” If the odds it would be slate breaking are higher than the projected ownership, it may be a great play

Enter MIN. Vegas underdogs, most of my MIN stacks well under 3%, so my research showed a possibility of some scoring, and I figured it’d be low owned, which it is.

Any as I was posting, Wild now up 5-3!!

I guess in the end, I just want to thank everyone for their input, different opinions, and challenging thoughts in a respectful way. Let’s remember we all have different objectives and perhaps caveat our thoughts with those objectives, so we can all be even more helpful to this team!

I’ve very much appreciated your contributions to the forum this season. You often have a lot of insightful things to say, whereas I’m here spouting off based mostly on instinct and distorted biases resulting likely from a flawed recollection of history.

• ezellmt

RG Contributor

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

• 2015 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

@Zieg30 said...

Link

Q

Boo. Sad you won’t make it to Nashville (greatest city in the world, but I’m a little biased). I’ll try to take it down for team RG.

• jjwd

Suter and Spurgeon were in very similar spots tonight. Who would you guys have chosen?

• stellagirl

@jjwd said...

Suter and Spurgeon were in very similar spots tonight. Who would you guys have chosen?

Crap shoot. I was heavy on MIN D tonight and was 50-50 with Suter and Spurgeon. Like you said – flip a coin.

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

@jjwd said...

I think Spurgeon should typically be the choice. Suter gets reliable minutes and PP time, but puts up empty minutes so much of the time.

• zovyn

Damn I’m good. 154.6pts – moneyline is 155.10 – perfectly predicted. Geez I hate me.

• Krausehouse

• 2020 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@ezellmt said...

Boo. Sad you won’t make it to Nashville (greatest city in the world, but I’m a little biased). I’ll try to take it down for team RG.

Ezellmt – Nice job on winning seat #2 on the second to last qualifier! Looking forward to next weekend… Take it easy on me please haha!

P.s Zieg you have been cooking up some great lines, your one of the most skilled NHL dfs players that frequent this forum. Don’t get too down on the close finish tonight. Good to see your not walking away empty.

• Southie777

@Volkster6 said...

Interesting. Why would that make you jump all over Bishop? Neither of those guys really drive the offence.

And Zieg I was being sarcastic – sort of. I do hate narratives lol but do realize NYI ownership chalk is cause of Detroit

Faulty logic? I just didn’t really love any goalies last night, Francouz scared me and I didn’t want to be too heavy on him. I just thought that might be a low-scoring, playoff-style 3-2 game. So, once those guys were out, I just thought maybe that tipped the scales in favor of him securing the W. That was enough for me, since I didn’t love other goalies very much. Thought he was the “safe” pick. Dumb!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).