Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

2:08 PM :  New Jersey ( 0 ) at  Washington ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    7:38 PM :  Philadelphia ( 160 ) at  Boston ( -180 ) —- T: 5o-30
    7:08 PM :  Montreal ( -225 ) at  Ottawa ( 185 ) —- T: 6½u-20
    10:08 PM :  Winnipeg ( -105 ) at  Vancouver ( -115 ) —- T: 6½u-25

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NHL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• OttawaCityMadman

wow. I had quarters locked up if it stayed 3-2. Now lets see how it juggles out with the Gusev G! crazy

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@OttawaCityMadman said...

wow. I had quarters locked up if it stayed 3-2. Now lets see how it juggles out with the Gusev G! crazy

I was winning $3K after two periods. Ended up winning $20. Absolute disaster!

• OttawaCityMadman

@Felixxberg said...

10mins left I was at $58,after the 4-2 G went down to $2. And the Gusev G brought me back to $8. I put in $4…

• Southie777

@Felixxberg said...

Saw you at one point in four of the top six spots in the Twine. Didn’t want to post anything on here and jinx it, alas!

• Southie777

Just saw on Twitter that Vigneault is already being told to expect start time to get pushed back. Guessing we’re looking at some midnight hockey again. Sucks. Was really looking forward to this game earlier in the week, maybe thinking about going out for brunch and watching my B’s. Then yesterday I was like, okay, cool normal nighttime game. At least I’m working from home tomorrow! Big fail by the NHL this weekend.

• maibockaddict

@qatman said...

Dubois is a no brainer tonight. Weber, Couturier, and Connor look like mild bargains. Not sure where else I am going tonight but those stuck out.

Dubois hasn’t done shit when he has played. You are crazy playing him when Perreault is 2600 and has a few goals in him…and Appleton for a bit more has 5 goals in his last ten…..

• Felixxberg

@Southie777 said...

Saw you at one point in four of the top six spots in the Twine. Didn’t want to post anything on here and jinx it, alas!

Stat correction made me win $165, so I’ll take it, but damn. The guy in first had the same exact lineup as my best, but with Maltsev over Hischier, which makes 0 sense.

I would have won if I played Dell in my WSH lineups…

• marker0357

did OK in Nascar, gave it back in NHL

• SA16

@maibockaddict said...

Dubois hasn’t done shit when he has played. You are crazy playing him when Perreault is 2600 and has a few goals in him…and Appleton for a bit more has 5 goals in his last ten…..

Agreed

• Southie777

Of course they break up “The Perfection Line” (🤮🤮🤮) for one game and then lay an absolute egg, so they immediately switch it back up. Krejci getting hurt early on certainly didn’t help! Knew that was coming. I guess you don’t want to do anything too crazy in a shortened season and it certainly wasn’t broke, but I just wish they could’ve given it a little more time.

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

@Felixxberg said...

I was in first for about 45 minutes between mid-way through the first period and mid-way through the second, then Felix and his onslaught of lineups took over and I hovered in 5th-8th until mid-way through the third when the bottom fell out for both Felix and I when WSH popped off.

Frustrating SD.

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

@maibockaddict said...

Listen, there is merit to holding off on playing Dubois until he shows that his head is back on right and he can actually score some points, but it is FAR from crazy to play him.

And it is FAR from crazy to play him over the likes of Perreault and Appleton. They certainly may outscore him tonight or on some other nights, but Dubois at 2.5k playing on WPG1 is a very fine play tonight.

Neither Perrault nor Appleton are anything more than perennial dart throws as long as they’re playing on the 3rd and/or 4th lines.

Edit: As I currently build a handful of late SD lineups, I am deciding to play Appleton as a one-off over Dubois. The only reason I am doing so is because I am going 5-1 VAN-WPG, and I don’t want to pick Dubois given that he will undoubtedly be higher owned and correlated with WPG1, and the theory of this build is that WPG1 doesn’t do much. I went full WPG1 (with Dubois) in a few of my main slate lineups, and zero Appleton. Dubois remains a better play in a vacuum.

• Southie777

@Zieg30 said...

Listen, there is merit to holding off on playing Dubois until he shows that his head is back on right and he can actually score some points, but it is FAR from crazy to play him.

And it is FAR from crazy to play him over the likes of Perreault and Appleton. They certainly may outscore him tonight or on some other nights, but Dubois at 2.5k playing on WPG1 is a very fine play tonight.

Neither Perrault nor Appleton are anything more than perennial dart throws as long as they’re playing on the 3rd and/or 4th lines.

That’s what I was thinking, it’s more about trusting in the talent than trusting in the game logs. I’m certainly in no position to judge anyone else’s takes, but I think Dubois at min price makes a LOT of sense.

• Southie777

It’s now apparent to me, if I want a big night, Bjork-Studnicka-DeBrusk is my best path. C’mon, baby, one time!

• zovyn

@Southie777 said...

That’s what I was thinking, it’s more about trusting in the talent than trusting in the game logs. I’m certainly in no position to judge anyone else’s takes, but I think Dubois at min price makes a LOT of sense.

Everything I’ve seen says he’ll be in a top-6 role no matter what… likely playing with Connor/Ehlers or Scheifele/Wheeler. I like him no matter where he ends up in what should be a fast-paced game. P.S. Holtby is a sieve.

• Southie777

@zovyn said...

Everything I’ve seen says he’ll be in a top-6 role no matter what… likely playing with Connor/Ehlers or Scheifele/Wheeler. I like him no matter where he ends up in what should be a fast-paced game. P.S. Holtby is a sieve.

Haha, as a Bruins fan, it’s just hard to think like that. He has had the Bs’ number since he came into the league, snuffed out a chance for them to repeat before it even got started in 2012. But I can’t argue with what he’s done recently!

• zovyn

Speaking of which… what’s going on with the Bruins game tonight?

• the_shashi

@Zieg30 said...

It’s CRAZY NOT to plug dubois in for salary relief. Even crazier that ppl are posting bad advice in the forum for misdirection. Those of you who are new – take note on who is trying to help you and who isn’t (for whatever reason). It’s annoying to see the latter. Felix and zieg give great advice.

Plug in Dubois tonight at 2.5k. That’s punt prices, equivalent to punting a min priced player (usually on d) that many do to fit in studs.

• zovyn

@the_shashi said...

It’s CRAZY NOT to plug dubois in for salary relief. Even crazier that ppl are posting bad advice in the forum for misdirection. Those of you who are new – take note on who is trying to help you and who isn’t (for whatever reason). It’s annoying to see the latter. Felix and zieg give great advice.

This is a moment where it’s good to note that DuBois is $4.6k on FD, which is a decent price, but by no means an auto-plug. I’m still playing him because I think it’s solid. At 2.5k on DK I would think he’s a no-brainer in that top-6. But on FD I can see it being debatable. I still put him in over Suzuki (5.5k) so we’ll see how it goes.

• the_shashi

@zovyn said...

This is a moment where it’s good to note that DuBois is $4.6k on FD, which is a decent price, but by no means an auto-plug. I’m still playing him because I think it’s solid. At 2.5k on DK I would think he’s a no-brainer in that top-6. But on FD I can see it being debatable. I still put him in over Suzuki (5.5k) so we’ll see how it goes.

yup, 4,6 not a lock. Especially on FD where pricing is softer.

• Southie777

Damn it, how’d I miss that Vaakanainen is playing for the B’s? Kid is supposed to be a stud!

• zovyn

@Southie777 said...

Damn it, how’d I miss that Vaakanainen is playing for the B’s? Kid is supposed to be a stud!

Just got himself an apple. :)

• Felixxberg

@Southie777 said...

I had him in a lot, but then saw he had weak peripherals in the AHL and swapped him out for Gudbranson when I could. Terrible decision.

• tristanwolf

really need jake allen to get the win here got a good one in the $4

• Southie777

Picked every offbeat Bruin except the ones I needed, but I’ll take it to see the boys look like this! (I’m fully aware that the Flyers are woefully undermanned.)

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).