7:35 PM :  Tampa Bay ( -200 ) at  Ottawa ( 170 ) —- T: -200
    7:35 PM :  N.Y. Rangers ( 0 ) at  Montreal ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    7:35 PM :  Buffalo ( 0 ) at  Detroit ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    7:35 PM :  Washington ( -110 ) at  Florida ( -110 ) —- T: -110
    8:05 PM :  San Jose ( 150 ) at  Nashville ( -170 ) —- T: 150
    9:05 PM :  Calgary ( 0 ) at  Arizona ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    9:05 PM :  Colorado ( 115 ) at  Edmonton ( -135 ) —- T: 115
    10:35 PM :  Dallas ( 115 ) at  Los Angeles ( -135 ) —- T: 115

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Felixxberg

Yesterday, in the main contests, I had 100% winning goalies, 6/7 winning lines and I somehow lost more than half of my investment. I don’t even know how that’s possible!

• Boooooourns

• 2016 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

Hmmm…. maybe….

• hautalak

@Felixxberg said...

Yesterday, in the main contests, I had 100% winning goalies, 6/7 winning lines and I somehow lost more than half of my investment. I don’t even know how that’s possible!

Gotta love prize structures! LOL Especially NBA break ones. Sorry to hear but we all know you’ll get it back.

• Zieg30

@Felixxberg said...

Unlucky D choices?

It was also an odd night where traditional stacking didn’t work out so well. Those who mixed and matched a bit did better.

I’m still on tilt from Tuesday night, when I was a mere goalie win away from 4 digits, and a solid goalie night (say, Saros, I didn’t need Andersen and his massive night), away from 5 digits. Helle/WPG screwed me!

• keephustlincuz

Tampa bay a -200 road Fav.

• yountingly

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #44

RG Tiered Ranking

@Zieg30 said...

Unlucky D choices?

It was also an odd night where traditional stacking didn’t work out so well. Those who mixed and matched a bit did better.

I’m still on tilt from Tuesday night, when I was a mere goalie win away from 4 digits, and a solid goalie night (say, Saros, I didn’t need Andersen and his massive night), away from 5 digits. Helle/WPG screwed me!

My only entry in that $10 one finished at the $50 level, mostly due to having Miller, Lindholm and Brodie. Huge 10 points from D. If only Perry and Rakell could have combined for more than 1.5 points, I could have had a better result.

Had a better night last night than when I was winning 5 figures at 10pm on Tuesday. Go figure.

• sizzlebeans

COL/EDM game stack looks mighty appealing tonight. Girard and Larsson at D make it easier to fit in the studs from PP lines.

• sizzlebeans

Have to think COL, EDM, TOR, TBL and FLA lead the chalk plays tonight. Plenty of sneaky plays out there, too.

• Felixxberg

@hautalak said...

Gotta love prize structures! LOL Especially NBA break ones. Sorry to hear but we all know you’ll get it back.

I hope so! At least some people on the forum seem to have had a good night!

• Felixxberg

@Zieg30 said...

Unlucky D choices?

I think it was about stacking. I had Miller with ANA1, ANA2 and ANA3 but none of those lines performed as a whole. Same for Forsberg with CHI1 (even though I had Kane instead of Wingels) and CHI3. My non-winning line was CGY1 (they did absolutely nothing) and then I has VGK1, but mostly with Fleury. I also went with Giordano instead of Hamilton (for ownership purposes), which was a bad decision.

Those are the worst. Everything was going well for me last Saturday, when I went up to +$12.5K, and then fell down to +$2K for most of the night, and then woke up at +$600 for I don’t know what reason. Still a win but needless to say that I eventually lost it all in the following days. It was a very rough week for me, probably because of those prizes structures.

• hautalak

Yeah wasn’t anticipating those 7 goals by Vegas or a Miller shutout. Had him on Yahoo but wanted more safety on DK with MAF. We know how that went. Still got the W with a ton less points.

• PhoFever

@Felixxberg said...

About the same story for me, but on a much smaller scale. Brutal.

• jgootz421

just wanted to give a shout out to this thread for helping me cash some NHL lineups the last few days, had one lineup finish 46th in the $10 last night. Back to NBA, but hopefully will be throwing in a few more NHL lineups for the remainder of the season.

and GO CAPS, totally their year…..

• hautalak

@Seahawktom said...

About the same story for me, but on a much smaller scale. Brutal.

I think I am starting to get this “Yahoo” thing. Nothing big yet but am steadily cashing. Unfortunately I will prolly play some NBA tonight.

• Zieg30

@Felixxberg said...

I think it was about stacking. I had Miller with ANA1, ANA2 and ANA3 but none of those lines performed as a whole.

Yeah, I was super heavy on Anaheim’s various lines, which didn’t pan out. And I had the vast majority of my Miller shares with them.

Oh well. On to tonight and the sad small prize pools again.

• tratow

• 2015 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

Wow, so I wanted to look heavy at taking a shot with this Rangers Goalie call up but Raanta at 7.3K is what I may end up doing.. he has all the confidence right now too!

• monarch

I’ve been really enjoying NHL. I have limited knowledge but my chalky leans have been paying off. I’m initially interested in TOR stacks paired with McDavid. Is exposure to only player from a side Okay?

• Felixxberg

@Zieg30 said...

Oh well. On to tonight and the sad small prize pools again.

Yep! I have a terrible losing streak since my +$3.7K week. Didn’t lose it all but I’m not so far. Time to grind my way back with small prize pools!

• Felixxberg

@monarch said...

I’ve been really enjoying NHL. I have limited knowledge but my chalky leans have been paying off. I’m initially interested in TOR stacks paired with McDavid. Is exposure to only player from a side Okay?

When it’s McDavid it is! He’s (finally!!) back with Draisaitl though so you might want to stack them together.

• Felixxberg

Maybe it’s just homerism but I think MTL could be a sneaky stack. They are decent at home while NYR are awful on the road. They also have tons of pressure from the media since they lose all the time. I hope they put Lindgren in net tonight.

• sizzlebeans

I like MTL tonight as well Felix, and their pricing makes it easy to grab some of the top shelf lines.

• tratow

Right back to attacking Holtby.. line 1 or 2 though..

• sizzlebeans

@tratow said...

Right back to attacking Holtby.. line 1 or 2 though..

PP1

• tratow

@sizzlebeans said...

PP1

Good call, what I landed on too!

• Blahaaron

@Felixxberg said...

When it’s McDavid it is! He’s (finally!!) back with Draisaitl though so you might want to stack them together.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.