7:35 PM :  Tampa Bay ( -200 ) at  Ottawa ( 170 ) —- T: -200
    7:35 PM :  N.Y. Rangers ( 0 ) at  Montreal ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    7:35 PM :  Buffalo ( 0 ) at  Detroit ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    7:35 PM :  Washington ( -110 ) at  Florida ( -110 ) —- T: -110
    8:05 PM :  San Jose ( 150 ) at  Nashville ( -170 ) —- T: 150
    9:05 PM :  Calgary ( 0 ) at  Arizona ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    9:05 PM :  Colorado ( 115 ) at  Edmonton ( -135 ) —- T: 115
    10:35 PM :  Dallas ( 115 ) at  Los Angeles ( -135 ) —- T: 115

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• hautalak

Might have to get me a DET/BUF game stack! I’m thinking we get some goals there. Also any interest in Mrazek making his first start? I’m honestly expecting good things for him on the Flyers.

• stellagirl

@sizzlebeans said...

I like MTL tonight as well Felix, and their pricing makes it easy to grab some of the top shelf lines.

A big +3 from me. The Rangers have allowed the most fantasy points per game of ANY team in the last week, and on average have yielded 5.33 goals and 10 total assists per game during that timeframe.

Only concern is, if they make a concerted effort to collapse defensively around the new goalie to protect him from an ass-whoopin.

• stellagirl

I am also thinking about attacking the 2 chalk goalies with some OTT and SJ exposure.

The Sharks are pretty big underdogs and I don’t think are on anyone’s radar, but they might get Hertl back tonight and their secondary scoring has been keeping them in games.

They’ve GIVEN UP the 3rd fewest average fantasy points per game, and have SCORED the 3rd highest average fantasy points per game over the last week.

• Blahaaron

Feels like the last 3 games will be lots of scoring. Kopitar smashpot. MacKinnon smash pot. And a bunch of coyotes goals. The way to the top may just be picking random players in smashpot spots.

• sizzlebeans

@stellagirl said...

I am also thinking about attacking the 2 chalk goalies with some OTT and SJ exposure.

Domingue just got confirmed for TBL tonight, so OTT is all systems go.

I always have homer SJS stacks, and look forward to them lighting up Rinne tonight at 1% ownership. The question is whether to go with Line 3 and Hot Boed, or if Tomas is back go with Cooch’s line…I’m leaning toward line 2 right now.

• Blahaaron

@sizzlebeans said...

Domingue just got confirmed for TBL tonight, so OTT is all systems go.

I always have homer SJS stacks, and look forward to them lighting up Rinne tonight at 1% ownership. The question is whether to go with Line 3 and Hot Boed, or if Tomas is back go with Cooch’s line…I’m leaning toward line 2 right now.

Boedker is on a heater

• stellagirl

@sizzlebeans said...

Firing up my SJ homer stacks too. Waiting or confirmation of lines though before making any final calls.

On PTO today so have ALL DAY to get ‘er done.

• PhoFever

@hautalak said...

I think I am starting to get this “Yahoo” thing. Nothing big yet but am steadily cashing. Unfortunately I will prolly play some NBA tonight.

That’s good to hear! Seems like the new quarter games got you hooked. Look forward to seeing you around more often.

As for the NBA: resist your urge! An extra NHL lineup is always better than an NBA lineup on the best night.

• Blahaaron

Sproul at 2700 as a d man is probably the best under $3000 player
    But I guess he isn’t playing darn

• hautalak

@Seahawktom said...

That’s good to hear! Seems like the new quarter games got you hooked. Look forward to seeing you around more often.

As for the NBA: resist your urge! An extra NHL lineup is always better than an NBA lineup on the best night.

Yeah ever since getting into DK I was a quarter guy but occasionally dabble in $3, $4, $5 games. That’s about my cutoff unless I see something I can’t pass up.

I know it is but I can’t pass it up. Maybe 2 $0.25 just for tonight but will “max” the quarter for NHL lol

• stellagirl

First glance value DK plays that I am eyeballing:

Chabot or Ceci at $3k and $3.3k, respectively
    Pominville, skating on BUF1 with Kane and O’Rielly and on PP2 ($3k)

FD:
    Weal ($3.1k) on PHI1 with Couturier and Giroux.
    Caggiula ($3.5k) PP1 and EDM1 with McJesus

• sizzlebeans

@Blahaaron said...

Ryan Murray and Pysyk aren’t bad options either if you’re down that low into the barrel. Kempny now with WSH is one to look at as well, and DDK puts up a good game once every blue moon.

• stellagirl

@Blahaaron said...

You could pivot to Mete or Morrow, both are $2.9k or under and will be skating on PP2 against the defensively helpless Rangers.

• Felixxberg

@sizzlebeans said...

Ryan Murray and Pysyk aren’t bad options either if you’re down that low into the barrel. Kempny now with WSH is one to look at as well, and DDK puts up a good game once every blue moon.

I was about to say the same thing. Also Michael Stone. I would say Kempny is the best of the bunch.

• Felixxberg

@stellagirl said...

First glance value DK plays that I am eyeballing:

Chabot or Ceci at $3k and $3.3k, respectively
    Pominville, skating on BUF1 with Kane and O’Rielly and on PP2 ($3k)

FD:
    Weal ($3.1k) on PHI1 with Couturier and Giroux.
    Caggiula ($3.5k) PP1 and EDM1 with McJesus

At morning skate, Reinhart was on BUF1 instead of Pominville, Lucic on EDM1 instead of Caggiula and Leier on PHI1 instead of Konecny/Weal (but that last one is subject to change). Where are you taking your lines from?

• PhoFever

Is anyone playing any LAK tonight? Little mention of them so far anywhere.

• yountingly

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #50

RG Tiered Ranking

@Seahawktom said...

probably a game I’ll fade.

Liking TB, Minny, Mtl, Ariz, Florida and both sides of both Colo/Edm and Isles/Leafs (more leafs). Think I’ll target there and now start on some line ups and see what fits where.

• kdub

@Seahawktom said...

I think I might be using some Quick but thats about it… Lehtonen has crushed my hopes and dreams one time too many this year

• sizzlebeans

@kdub said...

I think I might be using some Quick but thats about it

same. don’t want to fade that game completely, but don’t like the offenses to score enough to plug them in either.

• yountingly

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #50

RG Tiered Ranking

@sizzlebeans said...

same. don’t want to fade that game completely, but don’t like the offenses to score enough to plug them in either.

Yeah, when I said fade, I was referring to the skaters. I might have some Quick. It’s not like G is a bonanza today. Might need to take some shots uncomfortable with.

• tratow

• 2015 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

@yountingly said...

Yeah, when I said fade, I was referring to the skaters. I might have some Quick. It’s not like G is a bonanza today. Might need to take some shots uncomfortable with.

Miller just shut them out.. I have some Quick, also have Raanta lol

• tdubjenkins

Who should I play from SJS I’m trying to stack them I’m a NBA guy?

• sizzlebeans

@tdubjenkins said...

Who should I play from SJS I’m trying to stack them I’m a NBA guy?

Key with SJ is never to fall in love with posted lines cause PDB will switch them up multiple times throughout the game if he doesn’t like what he sees. NSH takes a lot of penalties, so look at skaters on the PP.

• zigger77

What’s up with the NHL injury designations? Couldn’t they just specify the injury instead of saying lower body or upper body injury? It just seems REALLY odd.

• keephustlincuz

Backup goalies everywhere today.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.