• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:05 PM :  Columbus ( -200 ) at  Ottawa ( 170 ) —- T: 6½o-20
    7:35 PM :  Colorado ( -110 ) at  Chicago ( -110 ) —- T: 7u-25
    7:35 PM :  Minnesota ( -115 ) at  Detroit ( -105 ) —- T: 6u-20
    9:05 PM :  Anaheim ( 210 ) at  Calgary ( -250 ) —- T: 6u-15
    10:05 PM :  Winnipeg ( 0 ) at  Vegas ( 0 ) —- T: 0

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• PhoFever

I think I’m going to have to try something different tonight. Had a few strong nights at the beginning of NBA All Star week, but since then I’ve been getting slowly bludgeoned with a dull instrument… night after night of only winning back half my investments. Too many full line stacks + D man combos, which just hasn’t seemed to be working on Yahoo.

CBJ homer night seems obvious, but maybe I’ll play that one with mixed lines or focus on L2. CGY seems like the safe play but ANH has been rejuvenated a bit. The line on the COL/CHI makes me want to fade and pray. And then there is VGK-WPG, two teams playing poorly or really poorly….still wondering when the Laine breakout is coming.

• RW

chances that ottawa and columbus even dress enough skaters to make a team tonight? cripes . . .

• panters

Thanks to the original poster and yisman for the link to the Fanduel Freeroll last night. I don’t play there anymore but I won $4 last night.

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

I’ll answer to yesterday’s thread here: no problem everyone! The idea came from Dunzor (PGA forum), and I thought it was a great move, so I did it too. Paying it forward!

I see that some people inboxed me already. I will honor all payments this afternoon, so for those who haven’t inboxed yet, feel free to do it until then! I have a training to attend until noon so I won’t be available for the next 3 hours.

• gairz

@panters said...

Thanks to the original poster and yisman for the link to the Fanduel Freeroll last night. I don’t play there anymore but I won $4 last night.

Ditto that.

I took home $1. lol..

• rgreuli

First morning initial look liking Detroit and have a feeling that WPG/VGK ends in a 5-4 score and the COL/CHI disappoints with a low scoring game.

• klubba575

The Blue Jackets have been good to me all year and they are in a Smuh-aaaaaash spot and have been better on the road recently. If the normal Line 1 with PP correlation is out there, they are my guys.

• hautalak

Oh yeah pick on the Sens the rest of the year it looks like! Feel like they’ll get a haul of picks unless they are taking on more “bad” contracts…

• Canuckage

Feeling like a CBJ1 at 50% ownership tonight. Ideally Panarin plays and isn’t “sick” anymore.

• PocketsSloppy

Yesterday’s $1 – 20 Player – Top 5 results:

the_sashi – 46.4
    klubba575 – 45.2
    larin1477 – 41.2
    clintwilley – 39.5
    OttawacityMadman – 38.3

• PocketsSloppy

$1 – 20 Player – Top 5

https://www.draftkings.com/draft/contest/69504560

• sizzlebeans

I’ll have more than 1 build tonight with the Ottawa Sharks…including DDM.

• hautalak

@sizzlebeans said...

Ottawa Sharks

Wait so you think that’s where they’re going? Or I am missing your “hidden message”? Also DDM? Demelo?

• yountingly

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #43

RG Tiered Ranking

Maybe the slightly sneakier play is to target the other Columbus lines, pairing with the Kane and Larkin lines, for me.

• hautalak

Love that the DET line is relevant now but tread lightly tonight IMO. I see a 2-1 game there or something. If betting hammer that under!!!

• sizzlebeans

@hautalak said...

Wait so you think that’s where they’re going? Or I am missing your “hidden message”? Also DDM? Demelo?

Balcers-Tierney-Boedker-DeMelo

^ All 4 were Sharks last year.

• hautalak

@sizzlebeans said...

Balcers-Tierney-Boedker-DeMelo

^ All 4 were Sharks last year.

Makes more sense now! Duh!!! I think I knew all of them were besides Balcers. But then again Boedker hardly counts as a Shark lol

You might be the only ones to have them!!! Pretty ballsy if you ask me as I know you don’t just play quarters like me haha

• sizzlebeans

@hautalak said...

I know you don’t just play quarters like me haha

I might have to today. I am not redepositing and that is the only contest I can max out, besides the Enforcer. I’m slowly draining my account until I win something or go broke. Then it’s cash out or walk away time for a couple of weeks. I need a break from spending so much time on the computer with this stuff. Need to learn a new game like options trading or something like that.

I’m on pace for platinum next month, which makes it hard to walk away. Damn DK and their achievements/incentives. Very clever of them to keep you playing.

• NIN1002

Don’t think I’ll be able to play today as my daughter has a doctor’s appointment this afternoon and who knows how long that will take. I live in a very rural area, so it’s about an 80 minute one way drive to the doctor and since we’ll be in civilization once again, that always means trips to the food store, Wal Mart, and a rare opportunity to eat out. But, it’s tough sitting it out as I’ve been white hot and on an 8 day winning streak with some impressive results in there. The past few days have been too “NBA’ish” with all the late news. Johannson was a core piece, and with 15 minutes I had to scramble to essentially restart the build, and if that happens tonight, I won’t have any chance to adjust to late news. But, if I was playing….

Looking at the slate, I hate all the goaltenders at this point. Perhaps the corpse of Mike Smith for one of the two goalies, but no one is going to be happy about that move. Seems you are required to spend between $29 and $33 for your goalies as everything below that line is a full fade.

As for offense, no way I want any part of CGY. Why stick in an ice cold line when you can pay the same amount (or less) for whatever you want from CHI or DET. Or even VGK or CBJ would be my 3rd and 4th choices for teams to pull players from, but probably wouldn’t dig any deeper outside of a one off. Definitely don’t want any CGY, but I see no reason why it can’t work out with CHI and DET.

• imanz

I want to plug Hellebuyck in a few lineups, but Vegas concerns me.

• Southie777

@Canuckage said...

Feeling like a CBJ1 at 50% ownership tonight. Ideally Panarin plays and isn’t “sick” anymore.

• terlingua

I don’t see a 50 cent contest on DK NHL today. I had not yet played it (sticking to .25 arcades) but was counting on it for future play cause it’s been having 150 multi entries. It’s always available on NBA in that form.

Were the 150 entry NHL just available during the NBA break? Would be disappointed to see it’s gone or only sporadically available.

I know I can do the FD .25 for multi entries but I have a slight preference for DK even if it meant jumping to .50 contests.

• sizzlebeans

@terlingua said...

Were the 150 entry NHL just available during the NBA break? Would be disappointed to see it’s gone or only sporadically available.

I have seen it before the NBA ASB, so I would assume it’s just a randomly added contest. You should contact their support to ask when it will run again so they can use that feedback to note it’s demand.

• terlingua

@sizzlebeans said...

I have seen it before the NBA ASB, so I would assume it’s just a randomly added contest. You should contact their support to ask when it will run again so they can use that feedback to note it’s demand.

Good idea, thanks. I would eventually like to mass entry the cheaper contests. Hard for me to get a feel for much on a 20 entry limit… and then wait to see if another 20 opens up etc.

May have to end up just playing FD.

• tratow

• 2015 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

@sizzlebeans said...

Second this!! The more people inquire, the bigger these contests will get!! I noticed a few forum posts to DK during the nba break.. Lets get these prize pools up!!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).