• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:05 PM :  Columbus ( -200 ) at  Ottawa ( 170 ) —- T: 6½o-20
    7:35 PM :  Colorado ( -110 ) at  Chicago ( -110 ) —- T: 7u-25
    7:35 PM :  Minnesota ( -115 ) at  Detroit ( -105 ) —- T: 6u-20
    9:05 PM :  Anaheim ( 210 ) at  Calgary ( -250 ) —- T: 6u-15
    10:05 PM :  Winnipeg ( 0 ) at  Vegas ( 0 ) —- T: 0

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• golfman1990

@yisman said...

Getzlaf is OUT.

Ryan Getzlaf day-to-day, upper body. Not in lineup vs CAL

• Zieg30

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

Now Bertuzzi scores! Had he scored two nights ago it would have meant many many more dollars!

• OttawaCityMadman

just saw the Getz news too. I wanted Anh1 with most of Cal1, but couldn’t make it fit with Getz. Now with Henrique I can fit in Tkachuk…. Interesting lol They better not put Kesler on L1 now!

• sizzlebeans

@yisman said...

Getzlaf is OUT.

Shoot. Been at the gym and missed this. 1 of 3 lineups in the toilet.

• sizzlebeans

@Zieg30 said...

Now Bertuzzi scores! Had he scored two nights ago it would have meant many many more dollars!

Same

• canuck1995

Looks like it’s safe to say that Colorado will end up with a top 3 pick, courtesy of Ottawa

• Bam79

@canuck1995 said...

Looks like it’s safe to say that Colorado will end up with a top 3 pick, courtesy of Ottawa

2 firsts, a 2nd and 2 3rds for Col in the draft, I believe. They’re going to be ridiculous.

It looked like Sakic deserved to be fired for his botching of the Duchene situation, and then he (somehow) turned it into maybe the biggest fleecing of the last 5 years.

• Bam79

JHockey/ Monny / Andersson = 0 combined DK pts after 1.

I swear I could stack Flames against a Midget AA team and they’d falter.

#NeverStackYourHomeTeam

• yisman

https://sports.yahoo.com/dailyfantasy/contest/4313916/84372681/84311960

opponent used Kulikov (he was min-priced but not the best option for a min-priced D) and Colin Miller (not min-priced, not playing, and didn’t play last game either, so it’s not like it’s a surprise)

Since plus/minus is involved though, he still has a pretty good chance.

Also, I saw it too close to lock to post, but Laine is starting out on the top line tonight. Connor bumped to WPG2 with Ehlers.

• canuck1995

Dang WPG looking good early, welcome back Ehlers. Have a lot of wpg but only 2 lineups with Connor and Ehlers

• canuck1995

@Bam79 said...

2 firsts, a 2nd and 2 3rds for Col in the draft, I believe. They’re going to be ridiculous.

It looked like Sakic deserved to be fired for his botching of the Duchene situation, and then he (somehow) turned it into maybe the biggest fleecing of the last 5 years.

I hope so, I would love to see them be more than a 2 line team. If they draft hughes/kakko, they can keep their trio together without as much fear of having zero depth.

• sizzlebeans

I should not have played tonight. Missed the Jets lines. He hasn’t scored yet, but if Laine can’t score on a line with Sceif and Wheels he needs to just go on IR and try again next year.

• yisman

@Bam79 said...

for those unfamiliar:

In the 2017–18 season, despite an earlier trade request and prolonged media speculation, Duchene began the campaign with the Avalanche. On November 5, 2017, while appearing in his 14th game of the season against the New York Islanders, Duchene was pulled from the ice and traded mid-game to the Ottawa Senators as the Avalanche made a three-team trade with Ottawa and the Nashville Predators. The trade saw the Avalanche acquire Samuel Girard, Vladislav Kamenev, and a 2018 second-round pick from the Predators, as well as Andrew Hammond, Shane Bowers, and 2018 first and third-round picks from the Senators. The Predators acquired Kyle Turris from the Senators.

• Bam79

@canuck1995 said...

I hope so, I would love to see them be more than a 2 line team. If they draft hughes/kakko, they can keep their trio together without as much fear of having zero depth.

And Jost is working out; Compher / Zadorov are legit (O’Reilly trade); Soderberg has 20G; Girard is coming into his own…

Mac/Rantanen/Landy + 2 1st’s ( and 5 in the 1st 3 rounds)..They’re going to be crazy, unless they botch multiple picks.

• deejones49

Got to love it when Bellemare scores

• Bam79

@yisman said...

The trade saw the Avalanche acquire Samuel Girard, Vladislav Kamenev, and a 2018 second-round pick from the Predators, as well as Andrew Hammond, Shane Bowers, and 2018 first and third-round picks from the Senators.

Just foolish.. haha.

Sakic had turned down multiple offers over the previous few months, including (apparently) multiple early-round picks. It looked like Sakic had absolutely no clue what he was doing – ‘it’s MATT DUCHENE, not Sidney Crosby people were saying, including myself..

Then, BOOM.

• Bam79

Screwed by CGY1, AGAIN.

Like clockwork. haha

• Canuckage

@Bam79 said...

Screwed by CGY1, AGAIN.

Like clockwork. haha

Last few games has been pretty brutal.

• sharksfansd

@sizzlebeans said...

I should not have played tonight. Missed the Jets lines. He hasn’t scored yet, but if Laine can’t score on a line with Sceif and Wheels he needs to just go on IR and try again next year.

Nice going to point this out, as Laine with his 1st goal in 15 games. And thankfully I decided to roster him tonight.

• yisman

“How do you feel about scoring your first goal in weeks?”

Laine: “I’m just glad I can look at my phone without seeing a snowflake by my name.”

:P

• cheezpizza

Im finding that the $88 on DK is my favorite contest. Limited entries and decent return on any cash.

• Steverino01

@sharksfansd said...

Nice going to point this out, as Laine with his 1st goal in 15 games. And thankfully I decided to roster him tonight.

Congrats on the DK forum contest win!

• Zieg30

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

@Bam79 said...

Mac/Rantanen/Landy + 2 1st’s ( and 5 in the 1st 3 rounds)..They’re going to be crazy, unless they botch multiple picks.

The NHL draft isn’t like the NBA or NFL drafts, though. The vast majority of players picked are 2-4 years away from making their NHL debuts.

• OttawaCityMadman

Brutal brutal picks last night. 1 goal 0 assists. Picked a winning tender…7duds out of 9. That aint easy to do!

• sharksfansd

@Steverino01 said...

Congrats on the DK forum contest win!

Thank you! Think I will play a couple of forum contests today with the varied NHL start times slated for this afternoon and evening.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).