• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:35 PM :  N.Y. Islanders ( 125 ) at  Montreal ( -145 ) —- T: 125
    7:35 PM :  N.Y. Rangers ( -105 ) at  Toronto ( -115 ) —- T: -105
    7:35 PM :  Calgary ( 125 ) at  Tampa Bay ( -145 ) —- T: 125
    8:05 PM :  Colorado ( 235 ) at  Nashville ( -275 ) —- T: 235
    8:35 PM :  Arizona ( 235 ) at  Chicago ( -275 ) —- T: 235
    10:35 PM :  Boston ( 0 ) at  Los Angeles ( 0 ) —- T: 0

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• kdub

SO much to love, not enough bankroll to go around..

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

Absolutely no clue what to do with the Rangers-Leafs game.

• tyman200

stack it up?

• maxeernst

@Zieg30 said...

Absolutely no clue what to do with the Rangers-Leafs game.

My initial inclination was to be all over the leafs, but digging into the NYR numbers more, they seem to have stabilized defensively.

Looking at a sample over the last 6 weeks or so, the CA/60, xGA/60, SCA/60 are all middle of the pack. That basically holds the same at 5v5 and over all situations.

Of course the Leafs are a dangerous offensive team and the Rangers will be on the road. I just imagine this spot will be hammered by DFS players and perhaps more so than justified.

• kdub

Boston gonna lose another one in Cali?

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

@maxeernst said...

My initial inclination was to be all over the leafs, but digging into the NYR numbers more, they seem to have stabilized defensively.

Looking at a sample over the last 6 weeks or so, the CA/60, xGA/60, SCA/60 are all middle of the pack. That basically holds the same at 5v5 and over all situations.

Of course the Leafs are a dangerous offensive team and the Rangers will be on the road. I just imagine this spot will be hammered by DFS players and perhaps more so than justified.

Agreed. Anything can happen, but I could easily see this being a 3-2 game with the scoring pretty spread out.

Isn’t it Lundqvist who has stabilized rather than the defense?

• dyavid

this is the one game i’m having trouble with too. both teams have three lines that can score, good goaltending and average defense but the uncertainty of where to go makes me want to fade and hope its relatively low scoring. Other than this game, i think i have a good feel for the slate.

• StanHalen

@maxeernst said...

The last time these teams were in Toronto, Stepan was between Kreider and Zucc, and Babcock primarily matched up Kadri’s line with that line. Now that Zibanejad is between those two wingers, I am thinking it’s his line that gets the Kadri treatment. Is that the general consensus or am I off?

• maxeernst

@Zieg30 said...

Isn’t it Lundqvist who has stabilized rather than the defense?

The Corsica xG model doesn’t factor in goaltender talent

• PigskinaBlanket

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #85

RG Tiered Ranking

• x3

2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• x2

2016 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

Max – are you showing Dan Girardi love///

• maxeernst

@PigskinaBlanket said...

Max – are you showing Dan Girardi love///

No. I’d like to think Brady Skjei is a driving force here, but I haven’t delved in on a player level.

• PhoFever

I also love this slate (but I loved Tuesday’s, too, and got creamed for insufficient Chicago exposure).

Most people are going to be all over NASH, CHI and TB and I don’t see any of the three teams suffering a letdown. I think it’s likely gonna come down to who picks the right lines on those teams.

Boston is the biggest question mark for me. I think if they get goals, it’s gonna continue to come from that Vatrano line.

• kdub

Budaj or no Budaj

• sizzlebeans

Any idea if the Bergeron line will match-up with the Carter line again tonight? Looks like they were covering that line 65% of the time in December’s game.

EDIT: NY/TOR will be all about guessing which of the 6 (top 3 each side) lines get the scoring, or if it’s all spread out…or if lower TOI defensemen get the scoring. I was originally in on the JVR line, but have since looked for other options.

• pepsi7

• 2013 FanDuel WFBC Champion

• x3

2012 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

This is a tough one, not to mention both teams have multiple scoring lines. Best reserved for GPP play.

• pepsi7

• x3

I have four goalies I like better. I would pass on Budaj tonight.

• pepsi7

• x3

Tuesday was all about WPG@TOR & TB, I faded CHI and had a big night.

As for tonight, I agree, strange night for a Thursday.

• zshoom

• 2016 Single Entry Series Finalist

@sizzlebeans said...

Any idea if the Bergeron line will match-up with the Carter line again tonight? Looks like they were covering that line 65% of the time in December’s game.

EDIT: NY/TOR will be all about guessing which of the 6 (top 3 each side) lines get the scoring, or if it’s all spread out…or if lower TOI defensemen get the scoring. I was originally in on the JVR line, but have since looked for other options.

Was the Dec game in Boston, or LA? LA has last change and I’d assume that they would prefer to match Kopitar with Bergeron, but that is just speculation on my part.

• zshoom

Anybody know what’s up with Drouin? Saw he’s a game time decision.

• pepsi7

• x3

@zshoom said...

Anybody know what’s up with Drouin? Saw he’s a game time decision.

Looks like the flu.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nhl/4116/jonathan-drouin

• zshoom

@pepsi7 said...

Looks like the flu.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nhl/4116/jonathan-drouin

Thanks. Hopefully he is good to go, but at least he’s an early start – easy to swap him out on FD.

• kdub

I always feel like I need exposure to the late game, and with the stacks ive got so far I have none unless I use Budaj but im very nervous to roll him out

• NESBears120

I’m rolling out Corey Crawford with a chi stack tonight

• pepsi7

• x3

@kdub said...

I always feel like I need exposure to the late game, and with the stacks ive got so far I have none unless I use Budaj but im very nervous to roll him out

No need for Budaj tonight.

• kdub

@pepsi7 said...

No need for Budaj tonight.

I guess I need to get out of the habit of forcing late game exposure

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).