• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:35 PM :  N.Y. Islanders ( 125 ) at  Montreal ( -145 ) —- T: 125
    7:35 PM :  N.Y. Rangers ( -105 ) at  Toronto ( -115 ) —- T: -105
    7:35 PM :  Calgary ( 125 ) at  Tampa Bay ( -145 ) —- T: 125
    8:05 PM :  Colorado ( 235 ) at  Nashville ( -275 ) —- T: 235
    8:35 PM :  Arizona ( 235 ) at  Chicago ( -275 ) —- T: 235
    10:35 PM :  Boston ( 0 ) at  Los Angeles ( 0 ) —- T: 0

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• Codith

I need help picking the right goalie, it has been my bane all year

• pepsi7

• 2013 FanDuel WFBC Champion

• x3

2012 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

Yeah, it is fun, but not necessary.

• pepsi7

• 2013 FanDuel WFBC Champion

• x3

2012 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

@Codith said...

Rinne or Crawford the safest way to go tonight. Bishop and Price should be fine too.

• sizzlebeans

@Codith said...

Right now, I’m leaning toward Price. He’s at home, should see a good amount of shots, and shouldn’t let too many in. I’m also on their skaters, so I’m expecting him to get the win.

• Codith

I would think Claude Julien will start pushing the team to tighten up and play more of a defensive game aka…helping Price out.

• PDFOUR

Can someone please explain why a good chunk of the field picked Evgeny Kuznetsov last night? The guy was on the 2nd line and 2nd power play unit. Why would anyone pick this guy over any player from the 1st line and 1st power play unit?

• yountingly

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #35

RG Tiered Ranking

@PDFOUR said...

Can someone please explain why a good chunk of the field picked Evgeny Kuznetsov last night? The guy was on the 2nd line and 2nd power play unit. Why would anyone pick this guy over any player from the 1st line and 1st power play unit?

3 game slate plus the top line was expensive. If you wanted to go balanced and stars and scrubbish and wanted Washington exposure, you went Wash2. Plus, often times, the second line is the better option on the road.

• PhoFever

@PDFOUR said...

PD- there was a good discussion the other day about the ol’ “2nd line on the road team” tactic. Can’t quite remember it entirely; had to do with the fact that the home team has the last change and usually matches their best defenders to the opposing team’s first line.

Maybe one of the hockey minds can explain it in more detail

• PhoFever

^By the way, on the subject of 2nd lines on the road, anyone liking CGY2 as a contrarian pick tonight?

• Syzltuth

@NESBears120 said...

I’m rolling out Corey Crawford with a chi stack tonight

Yeah I’m doing the same with tor filling in 2/3 last spots.

• Scumpunch

RG Overall Ranking

I’m sure TB will be popular tonight, but I have a hard time getting excited about the slowest paced home team on the slate facing off against the slowest paced road team.

• dyavid

@PDFOUR said...

He’s probably as good of a 2nd line center as anyone in the league. Could be first line on most teams. He finished tied for 9th in scoring last year (77 pts in 82 games) and is 5th in scoring since Jan 1st (28 pts in 24 games). pretty cheap too at 5.9k

• Poochy16

Seahawk — you got it basically right. When you know the first line is going to get hit (on the road) with the oppositions shutdown line, there are some cases where it is more beneficial to play the second line. There are more factors that go into the decision (PP time, Scoring Metrics, TOI, etc..), but that’s the gist of it.

• kdub

@Scumpunch said...

I’m sure TB will be popular tonight, but I have a hard time getting excited about the slowest paced home team on the slate facing off against the slowest paced road team.

Ive got some TB exposure but im skeptical

Anthony DeAngelo gonna slot into the Yotes roster tonight?

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

@PDFOUR said...

The better 1st lines are typically priced such that you can’t fit in both of them and do anything but punt goalie/D. Also, sometimes the 2nd line is an as good, or better, option and you typically get it with lower ownership.

A lot teams are 1A and 1B now, with the 2nd lines getting similar amounts of ice time and PP time.

• savedatmoneyquan

@kdub said...

Ive got some TB exposure but im skeptical

Anthony DeAngelo gonna slot into the Yotes roster tonight?

From what I’m seeing he should play tonight and be on the 2nd PP

• sizzlebeans

@Seahawkto said...

^By the way, on the subject of 2nd lines on the road, anyone liking CGY2 as a contrarian pick tonight?

i’ve got some

• yountingly

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #35

RG Tiered Ranking

Well, I made a few lus. Overweight on MTL. My isles never play well up there. Calling for a Weber PPG tonight. He is lock and loaded in many lus.

Going back to TB1 and Nashville. Actually have some Nash3 to fit in with Kane line. Right now, I only have Crawford. Also have some Colorado. Rinne not been good.

I am currently fading the Toronto/NYR game completely. For better or worse.

• yountingly

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #35

RG Tiered Ranking

@Seahawkto said...

I actually have Calgary1 in a lu. I am thinking that TB will want Hedman out against the Gaudreau line, not the top line. I could be wrong but am thinking TB will target Calg2 to shut down first.

• Staa0602

@yountingly said...

I actually have Calgary1 in a lu. I am thinking that TB will want Hedman out against the Gaudreau line, not the top line. I could be wrong but am thinking TB will target Calg2 to shut down first.

Gaudreau is on CGY1

• JimKronlund

@Codith said...

Peter Budaj or who ever LA puts in net.

• keephustlincuz

@yountingly said...

Well, I made a few lus. Overweight on MTL. My isles never play well up there. Calling for a Weber PPG tonight. He is lock and loaded in many lus.

Going back to TB1 and Nashville. Actually have some Nash3 to fit in with Kane line. Right now, I only have Crawford. Also have some Colorado. Rinne not been good.

I am currently fading the Toronto/NYR game completely. For better or worse.

Can I ask why the fade of tor/NY?

• yountingly

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #35

RG Tiered Ranking

@Staa0602 said...

Gaudreau is on CGY1

Thanks. Yeah, I see that now on DFO. I thought recently Monahan/Gaudreau line was being listed as line2 in spots with Backlund line as 1. Sorry for any confusion.

I have a lu with Calgary 2 then.

• njsum

@pepsi7 said...

No need for Budaj tonight.

why no Budaj if he fits the build? hes a decent favorite at home and put up 5dk points last time out versus the Bruins without getting the W and only giving up 1 goal on 30 shots. Both my builds have me left with 7900 for a goalie. Right now I got 1 Budaj and 1 bishop. Yet im open to going 2 bishop, if the right argument presents itself.

• dyavid

@njsum said...

why no Budaj if he fits the build? hes a decent favorite at home and put up 5dk points last time out versus the Bruins without getting the W and only giving up 1 goal on 30 shots. Both my builds have me left with 7900 for a goalie. Right now I got 1 Budaj and 1 Gibson. Yet im open to going 2 gibson, if the right argument presents itself.

i wouldn’t go gibson tonight.. his team isn’t playing

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).