• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:35 PM :  N.Y. Islanders ( 125 ) at  Montreal ( -145 ) —- T: 125
    7:35 PM :  N.Y. Rangers ( -105 ) at  Toronto ( -115 ) —- T: -105
    7:35 PM :  Calgary ( 125 ) at  Tampa Bay ( -145 ) —- T: 125
    8:05 PM :  Colorado ( 235 ) at  Nashville ( -275 ) —- T: 235
    8:35 PM :  Arizona ( 235 ) at  Chicago ( -275 ) —- T: 235
    10:35 PM :  Boston ( 0 ) at  Los Angeles ( 0 ) —- T: 0

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• kdub

Seeing some rumblings that Vasilevsky might start for TB instead of Bishop

• yountingly

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #36

RG Tiered Ranking

@keephustlincuz said...

Can I ask why the fade of tor/NY?

Only doing a few lus. Less than recently since I’m gonna throw some NBA in. I’m off work Thursdays so playing both sports whereas most days I’m only playing one if I am playing.

I figure that game will be highly owned and has a chance to both shoot out or be a tight 3-2 game. Therefore, hoping for the 3-2. Plus those teams have such mixed up balanced lines that you never know who will go off. Lastly, lately with NHL, I’m trying to go more contrarian. It can work if you get the right line. Worked great for me last night with Edm3 so tonight, I’m using nash3 and colorado2 to pair with pricey lines like TB1 and the Kane line.

• keephustlincuz

@yountingly said...

Only doing a few lus. Less than recently since I’m gonna throw some NBA in. I’m off work Thursdays so playing both sports whereas most days I’m only playing one if I am playing.

I figure that game will be highly owned and has a chance to both shoot out or be a tight 3-2 game. Therefore, hoping for the 3-2. Plus those teams have such mixed up balanced lines that you never know who will go off. Lastly, lately with NHL, I’m trying to go more contrarian. It can work if you get the right line. Worked great for me last night with Edm3 so tonight, I’m using nash3 and colorado2 to pair with pricey lines like TB1 and the Kane line.

Fair enough. Gl.

• njsum

@dyavid said...

i wouldn’t go gibson tonight.. his team isn’t playing

haha…i meant bishop..my bad, corrected my original post

• yountingly

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #36

RG Tiered Ranking

@keephustlincuz said...

Fair enough. Gl.

Thanks. You too. That Toronto could go the way of 5-4 and screw me but have to take a stand most nights. The other night, I was all over Winnipeg/Toronto.

I actually am most exposed to your Habs. Like I said earlier, you guys own us. Expecting a 4-2 loss tonight.

• Staa0602

@dyavid said...

i wouldn’t go gibson tonight.. his team isn’t playing

It’s a bold strategy Cotton, let’s see how it plays out for him

• maxeernst

@Staa0602 said...

It’s a bold strategy Cotton, let’s see how it plays out for him

• mathewsmarner

i’m on a habs/nsh roster

• Marsharks

• 2017 DraftKings FBBWC Finalist

@JimKronlund said...

Peter Budaj or who ever LA puts in net.

Why do you like Budaj? He has had 2 good games at home and 1 of those was against Colorado.

• tyman200

any love for the NYR3 line?

• maxeernst

Seen a lot of Budaj love the last few days and just want to share a few general thoughts.

The LAK are the best shot suppression team in the league. They have the lowest Corsi against per 60 mins at both 5v5 and over all situations. They don’t allow many shots against.

In turn, rostering Budaj is always a risky proposition and he doesn’t possess much upside. He is probably just as likely to see 16 shots against as he is to see 30.

People seem to really prioritize the win as if it is significantly more predictable than shots against. I’m not sure why everyone thinks this. Obviously there are some cases where teams are huge favorites, but tonight—- LAK hosting Boston —-wouldn’t be one.

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

@yountingly said...

Thanks. You too. That Toronto could go the way of 5-4 and screw me but have to take a stand most nights. The other night, I was all over Winnipeg/Toronto.

I actually am most exposed to your Habs. Like I said earlier, you guys own us. Expecting a 4-2 loss tonight.

It could be 5-4 and still not screw you if the scoring is pretty spread out.

• Kyle4

I wrote a blog post on here earlier today. My first one, I’d love some feedback if you guys don’t mind. Be kind, I’m clearly an amateur.

https://rotogrinders.com/blog-posts/draftkings-nhl-value-plays-1755621

• mathewsmarner

go with king henry

• TJF74

This seems like a good spot for Christian Dvorak. He’s cheap, has multiple goal potential (6 goals in his last 10 games) and is a Chicago area kid playing in front of his family. You also have the second line road angle so he won’t face Jonathan Toews. You don’t see too many Coyotes games on national TV either. Calle Jarnkrok and Brayden Point (especially if Jonathan Drouin plays) seem like good cheap center punts also.

• yountingly

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #36

RG Tiered Ranking

@Zieg30 said...

It could be 5-4 and still not screw you if the scoring is pretty spread out.

Good point which alludes to my point in my other post how their depth is spread out and any of those top 3 on each team could go off. Which helped my decision to fade.

• Marsharks

• 2017 DraftKings FBBWC Finalist

@maxeernst said...

Seen a lot of Budaj love the last few days and just want to share a few general thoughts.

The LAK are the best shot suppression team in the league. They have the lowest Corsi against per 60 mins at both 5v5 and over all situations. They don’t allow many shots against.

In turn, rostering Budaj is always a risky proposition and he doesn’t possess much upside. He is probably just as likely to see 16 shots against as he is to see 30.

People seem to really prioritize the win as if it is significantly more predictable than shots against. I’m not sure why everyone thinks this. Obviously there are some cases where teams are huge favorites, but tonight—- LAK hosting Boston —-wouldn’t be one.

That’s why his scores at home at low, no shots against. Even the game with Boston, he allowed 30 and that is rare, but that was Boston on the road. At home, the Kings just suppress shots. Col/Ariz don’t shoot much, thus if Crawford or Rinne let 1 or 2 in, there score will be low too. I came up with Price as the best Home Goalie that scores the most in reference to his Salary. He has several times exceeded 8 pts and is only 8,100.

• shamrock77s

I’m seeing conflicting reports regarding Bishop or Vasilevskiy in net for Tampa Bay. If it is Bishop I am playing him…if not, back to the drawing board for my whole team.

• Roma315

RG Overall Ranking

@kdub said...

I guess I need to get out of the habit of forcing late game exposure

I fall into that too. More than often it doesn’t pan out when forced

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

@shamrock77s said...

I’m seeing conflicting reports regarding Bishop or Vasilevskiy in net for Tampa Bay. If it is Bishop I am playing him…if not, back to the drawing board for my whole team.

Are there conflicting reports other than RG showing Vasilevskiy and DFO showing a likely Bishop?

DFO is typically the more accurate of the two.

• suerte41

I’m feeling greiss tonight.

• kirby34

Josi/Vatrano or Nylander/Subban in gpps on DK? Already have Forsberg locked in.

• keephustlincuz

@Zieg30 said...

Are there conflicting reports other than RG showing Vasilevskiy and DFO showing a likely Bishop?

DFO is typically the more accurate of the two.

http://www.tampabay.com/writers/joe-smith

Just found this. Not sure how trustworthy that guy is. It is worth monitoring IMO.

• mathewsmarner

i’ve narrowed it down to a few teams, mon, nyr, nash, chi, bos, la
    now who i like the most:mon
    who i like the least: bos/la

• sizzlebeans

can’t get your link to open. but i was reading beat writer twitter earlier today, and it said that TB had no morning skate, and that only 3 people participated in voluntary skate, one being Vas, to which the beat writer assumed meant he wasn’t playing tonight

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).