• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:05 PM :  Minnesota ( -150 ) at  N.Y. Rangers ( 130 ) —- T: -150
    7:35 PM :  Pittsburgh ( -120 ) at  Carolina ( 100 ) —- T: -120
    8:05 PM :  Winnipeg ( 122 ) at  St. Louis ( -135 ) —- T: 122
    8:35 PM :  San Jose ( 110 ) at  Chicago ( -130 ) —- T: 110
    10:35 PM :  Vancouver ( 230 ) at  Vegas ( -270 ) —- T: 230

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• sizzlebeans

Tommy Wingles revenge game, lol

• tdubjenkins

Who is MDZ I’M a NBA dfs player don’t kno the NHL slag yet.

• kdub

@tdubjenkins said...

Who is MDZ I’M a NBA dfs player don’t kno the NHL slag yet.

Michael Del Zotto…. I didnt find it necessary to use him today, but I didnt use any VGK lines either.. I’m sure itll burn me

• RandysCrow

Thanks for the replies to my goalie question. It is hard learning the sport and the DFS side of it at the same time!!! Haha

• Felixxberg

Brassard to Pittsburgh. I guess they’ll win another Cup!

• sizzlebeans

@Felixxberg said...

Brassard to Pittsburgh. I guess they’ll win another Cup!

That 3rd line is going to be silly with Brass and Kessel on it.

• Felixxberg

@sizzlebeans said...

That 3rd line is going to be silly with Brass and Kessel on it.

Their center line is just nuts! We could use one of them in Montreal!

• Felixxberg

I would do something like:

Hornqvist – Crosby – Sprong
    Kessel – Malkin – Guentzel
    Rust – Brassard – Hagelin
    Sheary – Sheahan – Kuhnhackl/Simon/Aston-Reese/Rowney

They just have too many talented forwards.

• sizzlebeans

One of the Pens beat predicted:

Sheary-Crosby-Rust
    Hagelin-Malkin-Hornqvist
    Guentzel-Brassard-Kessel

• Felixxberg

@sizzlebeans said...

Sheary-Crosby-Rust
    Hagelin-Malkin-Hornqvist
    Guentzel-Brassard-Kessel

That makes really good 2nd and 3rd lines but I don’t like who he puts Crosby with. I know Sprong probably won’t be in again this season but I put him there anyway. His predictions would be representative of this season though, since I haven’t seen Crosby with a 1st line wing in a long time (Hornqvist, Kessel and Guentzel are who I have in mind, even if Guentzel has an average season).

• Felixxberg

@Felixxberg said...

That makes really good 2nd and 3rd lines but I don’t like who he puts Crosby with. I know Sprong probably won’t be in again this season but I put him there anyway. His predictions would be representative of this season though, since I haven’t seen Crosby with a 1st line wing in a long time (Hornqvist, Kessel and Guentzel are who I have in mind, even if Guentzel has an average season).

Sheary had good moments too but he’s a non factor this season.

• sizzlebeans

Call up Holm on the top PP for VAN tonight, same price on DK as MDZ

• Zieg30

@sizzlebeans said...

Sheary-Crosby-Rust
    Hagelin-Malkin-Hornqvist
    Guentzel-Brassard-Kessel

I flip Sheary and Guentzel there. I understand why you’d want solid depth, but there’s no need to dilute the talent around Crosby that much. Brassard-Kessel are a dynamite third line regardless of who their final winger is.

• BerkeleyBoss

Probably a dumb question form somebody that never watches hockey, but do projected lines change very often? Coming from NBA, there are often a lot of uncertainties around starting lineups and injuries. Am I correct to assume NHL is more stable?

• Felixxberg

@BerkeleyBoss said...

Probably a dumb question form somebody that never watches hockey, but do projected lines change very often? Coming from NBA, there are often a lot of uncertainties around starting lineups and injuries. Am I correct to assume NHL is more stable?

You have to find a good source. I like dailyfaceoff.com. They rarely make mistakes and they update the lines after the teams’ morning skate. You should always verify on twitter about 15 minutes before game time too (https://twitter.com/ycmmat/lists). Late swap is possible on DK.

• Zieg30

Is Brassard making it to the game tonight? Why did RG already add him to the starting lineups page?

Also showing Neal on VGK L1. No one else is, though.

• Felixxberg

@sizzlebeans said...

I’ll probably try to do a lineup so expensive that I need both.

• Felixxberg

@Zieg30 said...

Is Brassard making it to the game tonight? Why did RG already add him to the starting lineups page?

Also showing Neal on VGK L1. No one else is, though.

I wouldn’t look at RG’s starting lineups. There is absolutely no reason to put Neal on 1st and Smith on 3rd, and Neal is a GTD anyway.

• sizzlebeans

@Felixxberg said...

I’ll probably try to do a lineup so expensive that I need both.

I think I’ll try that and see what happens, haha

• BerkeleyBoss

@Felixxberg said...

You have to find a good source. I like dailyfaceoff.com. They rarely make mistakes and they update the lines after the teams’ morning skate. You should always verify on twitter about 15 minutes before game time too (https://twitter.com/ycmmat/lists). Late swap is possible on DK.

Thanks. That’s what I’ve been using so far — dailyfaceoff. The twitter list is much appreciated!

• Blahaaron

Yeah I only use that Twitter list, been burned too many times using those websites. The people own them don’t bother updating them that much.

• zshoom

• 2016 Single Entry Series Finalist

@sizzlebeans said...

He’s confirmed in the lineup, and could be on PP1…but the Canucks current units have no Edler or Horvat listed. Things could change with those guys back in. I’d take Holm over MDZ regardless of powerplay role though.

• Blahaaron

I don’t like paying down that much for dmen, i understand why people do it but mostly you get what you pay for and it’s easier getting 4 or 5 pts from a cheap winger than it is to get from a very cheap dman.

• sizzlebeans

@zshoom said...

He’s confirmed in the lineup, and could be on PP1…but the Canucks current units have no Edler or Horvat listed. Things could change with those guys back in. I’d take Holm over MDZ regardless of powerplay role though.

Yea, who knows how accurate the info is. It was just what they used in practice yesterday.

https://twitter.com/BatchHockey/status/966757687315767296

• Blahaaron

Hornqvist is back and on Malkin Hagelin line. Any one interested in that line

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.