• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:05 PM :  Montreal ( -135 ) at  New Jersey ( 115 ) —- T: 6u-15
    7:05 PM :  Buffalo ( 210 ) at  Toronto ( -250 ) —- T: 6½u-10
    7:35 PM :  Los Angeles ( 250 ) at  Tampa Bay ( -300 ) —- T: 6o-15
    8:05 PM :  Edmonton ( 205 ) at  Nashville ( -245 ) —- T: 5½u-25
    9:05 PM :  Florida ( 125 ) at  Colorado ( -145 ) —- T: 6½o-20
    10:05 PM :  Anaheim ( 115 ) at  Vancouver ( -140 ) —- T: 5½u-35

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• hautalak

Still like WPG the best from it. NSH close behind. Idk how I’m leaving out VGK but those two are better. Gotta love wheeling and dealing. Honestly wasn’t expecting Breadman to be dealt.

• mr_papageorgio

Rather than go fishing for cheap ducks, this makes me like VAN more.

• Felixxberg

Fantenberg traded. I did have some.

• golfman1990

Just curious guys, but who would you take between Hyman (TOR), Compher (COL), or Gourde (TB)? I’m just messing around with a LU. I want to know what the COL lines will be tonight, because this site and dailyfaceoff are different and that could decide who I pick too. Btw I just play double ups and throw a quarter in the GPP contest usually.

Thanks! It’s fun watching all these trades too btw.

• yisman

@sizzlebeans said...

Gudbranson also traded…not that anyone was using him, but def don’t now.

https://twitter.com/ThatsKappy/status/1100131673960824833

WTF are the Penguins thinking? Gudbranson the worst D in the NHL! Downgrade from anyone on their roster.

He’s a poor man’s Jack Johnson and Jack Johnson sucks.

nhlpens

nhlpens Follow Follow nhlpens
    More
    Maybe we put Gudbranson and Johnson on the same pair and it’s great because 2 negatives turn into a positive.

Science, right?

• sizzlebeans

@yisman said...

https://twitter.com/ThatsKappy/status/1100131673960824833

WTF are the Penguins thinking? Gudbranson the worst D in the NHL! Downgrade from anyone on their roster.

He’s a poor man’s Jack Johnson and Jack Johnson sucks.

Agreed on the worst defenseman in the league take. He plays like a horse with blinders on, only sees what is directly in front of him.

• yisman

@sizzlebeans said...

Agreed on the worst defenseman in the league take. He plays like a horse with blinders on, only sees what is directly in front of him.

@ChrisConte79
    Feb 11
    More
    FUN FACT: if you only remove the snow from your front windshield and leave all other windows covered it’s the equivalent to how Gudbranson sees the ice during a game.

• yisman

@sizzlebeans said...

I decided to check out his +/-.

Guess who’s leading the NHL this season.

• mr_papageorgio

Just said to someone at work that I’m waiting for the Pens to make a big move…then I see the Gudbranson news.

• sizzlebeans

@yisman said...

I decided to check out his +/-.

Guess who’s leading the NHL this season.

-27 with only 18 minutes on the ice per game!

• dyavid

@mr_papageorgio said...

Just said to someone at work that I’m waiting for the Pens to make a big move…then I see the Gudbranson news.

They got Chris Wideman too!!

• yisman

@sizzlebeans said...

-27 with only 18 minutes on the ice per game!

yeah I was thinking of adding that part. I decided to leave it out.

Usually you need heavy minutes to get there.

• ASalvaro

@Felixxberg said...

Fantenberg traded. I did have some.

i always have him lol he’s usually one of my key cheap defenders

• PhoFever

@golfman1990 said...

Just curious guys, but who would you take between Hyman (TOR), Compher (COL), or Gourde (TB)? I’m just messing around with a LU. I want to know what the COL lines will be tonight, because this site and dailyfaceoff are different and that could decide who I pick too. Btw I just play double ups and throw a quarter in the GPP contest usually.

Thanks! It’s fun watching all these trades too btw.

Just make three .25 lineups with one of each of them. I have the most of Hyman out of those guys tonight, only because I like the TOR1 stack. No PP time for him, though.

• golfman1990

@PhoFever said...

Just make three .25 lineups with one of each of them. I have the most of Hyman out of those guys tonight, only because I like the TOR1 stack. No PP time for him, though.

That’s who I got right now and the PP time is the only downside, but I do like him on the TOR1 line.

Thanks for the reply.

• yisman

@dyavid said...

They got Chris Wideman too!!

Chris Wideman+Johnson+Gudbranson

The Penguins have the makings of something here!

They should’ve added Dion Phaneuf and/or Cody Ceci too.

TSN has all the trades here: https://www.tsn.ca/tradecentre/trade-tracker

• yisman

impact on today:

Brassard could play for Colorado as Florida is at the Avalanche tonight

Kings down a D after trading Fantenberg.

Nashville without Fiala.

Anaheim down a D after trading MDZ.

Devils lost Johansson.

Canucks got rid of Gudbranson, so they’ll be better defensively tonight.

Buffalo lost Beaulieu.

Very little impact.

• hautalak

I’m taking Brassard if he goes!

• yisman

Not sure if mentioned but Vegas signed Stone to an 8 year contract. Wow.

Scheduling oddity:

The Leafs host the Sabres twice this week. Today and Saturday

• lookbehindu

@hautalak said...

Hayes off to the Jets for a bit of a bundle (1st rounder, Lemieux, and conditional pick). They did need a 2nd line C though! We’ll see how it pans out.

Just last year they gave up a first rounder to the blues to rent stastny. They’re going to need to extend him or make it to the finals to make this really worth it.

• yisman

^ a first, a 4th, and a prospect. Turned out to be quite a bad trade for Winnipeg.

Getzlaf will miss his third straight game tonight.

Obviously McDavid serving the final game of his suspension.

• andrew34232

Anyone have updated lines TB? Trying to figure out who 3rd is gonna be

• yisman

@andrew34232 said...

Anyone have updated lines TB? Trying to figure out who 3rd is gonna be

they didn’t have a morning skate and Cooper hasn’t addressed it.

• marker0357

@Felixxberg said...

Terrible badbeat finish for me yesterday. I was well into the cash line in every contest except one, the $222 contest, so I lost money overall. I bubbled by 0.10 (!!!). I couldn’t find any info on ARI’s lines, so I went with DFO and took Galchenyuk-Fischer. It turns out Fischer was a scratch. A pivot to Weal (which was logical) would have given me 1 DK point, which would have been enough to min cash. Also, I would have min cashed if Stepan didn’t have an assist on the empty net goal (which I really think he didn’t). So, a 0.10 difference made a $400 difference.

I hope many teams make trades and people don’t verify so we have some dead entries tonight!

that really sucks, Felix

• canuck1995

@Felixxberg said...

Terrible badbeat finish for me yesterday. I was well into the cash line in every contest except one, the $222 contest, so I lost money overall. I bubbled by 0.10 (!!!). I couldn’t find any info on ARI’s lines, so I went with DFO and took Galchenyuk-Fischer. It turns out Fischer was a scratch. A pivot to Weal (which was logical) would have given me 1 DK point, which would have been enough to min cash. Also, I would have min cashed if Stepan didn’t have an assist on the empty net goal (which I really think he didn’t). So, a 0.10 difference made a $400 difference.

I hope many teams make trades and people don’t verify so we have some dead entries tonight!

That sucks, that assist did a similar thing to me. Misery really does love company.

Bounce back today and hopefully take advantage of a few like changes. Are you going to try and get exposure to Granlund’s line mates ?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.