7:08 PM :  Carolina ( 125 ) at  Tampa Bay ( -145 ) —- T: 6o-20
    7:08 PM :  Pittsburgh ( -110 ) at  Washington ( -110 ) —- T: 6½u-20
    7:08 PM :  Calgary ( -170 ) at  Ottawa ( 145 ) —- T: 6½u-25
    7:08 PM :  New Jersey ( 0 ) at  Buffalo ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    7:08 PM :  Boston ( -135 ) at  N.Y. Islanders ( 115 ) —- T: 5o-25
    7:38 PM :  Nashville ( -155 ) at  Detroit ( 135 ) —- T: 5½u-20
    8:08 PM :  Montreal ( -130 ) at  Winnipeg ( 110 ) —- T: 6½u-25
    10:08 PM :  Edmonton ( -135 ) at  Vancouver ( 115 ) —- T: 6½u-15

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NHL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• hautalak

I’m gonna go ahead and guess Volkster is gonna have a good night. Looks like McDavid/Drai or some combination of big dogs with Armia! Good luck.

• qatman

This has been… suboptimal. I am going to have to switch off McDavid in my H2H to have some chance… guess I will go Draisatl and pray.

• qatman

I guess it comes down to which is more likely, Ethan Bear getting >5 DK points or Draisatl staying within 5 of McDavid + Bear. Interesting conundrum.

• klubba575

If it makes you feel slightly better, Horvats line chased McD all last game and Leon got the VAN1 line against him who are horrid at D

• Zieg30

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

@hautalak said...

I’m gonna go ahead and guess Volkster is gonna have a good night. Looks like McDavid/Drai or some combination of big dogs with Armia! Good luck.

Good guess!

• qatman

@klubba575 said...

If it makes you feel slightly better, Horvats line chased McD all last game and Leon got the VAN1 line against him who are horrid at D

I ended up sticking with McDavid as I was up 7. Glad I did, since opponent had Horvat/Barrie instead of McDavid/Bear. Small potatoes in the scheme of things, but I’ll take a victory where I can find one.

• mfetzner

@zovyn said...

I’m a single-lineup/slate-play-every-slate FD guy. It’s very rare that I’ll do multiple LUs. Crossbar is the only time I do, generally, and making 5 I liked was hard enough in the 60 minutes I had since getting home from work. :P I went 3-3-3-4-4 on my tickets and entered the 3-3-3 lineups into a couple other contests.

Great lineup man! wow just wow. What an end to that game. Hoping for low scoring late game like 1-0 by 4th line for ya!

• Southie777

Zovyn 🧐🧐🧐

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@Felixxberg said...

Armia revenge game on L4, obviously!

Nate Thompson revenge too!

• cplatt87

Only need 6 canucks goals all involving Petterson and Boeser and I might break even!

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@Felixxberg said...

Trying a non goalie approach in SD tonight. I expect both MTL-WPG and EDM-VAN to be high scoring. Maybe some Mike Smith because he has been decent.

I was right about the first game being high scoring, but the winner somehow had Hellebuyck and I got crushed anyway! That’s what happens when Armia scores twice!

• NextSignal

I see you Zovyn, hope you take it down

• Zieg30

@NextSignal said...

Jesus.

What a train.

Need McD to do nothing, among others.

• zovyn

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• zovyn

Odds are not good – a no-name Canucks goal and a 2-1 OT shoot-out loss for the Oilers might do it but the margin is SOOOO slim. I was playing hockey tonight in my Thursday night league, just got home.

• Volkster6

@NextSignal said...

Good luck Zovyn! Hope it holds

Hataluk fantastic guess – although it’s not paying off having the two oiler studs. Should have gone Peter with Cmac. But those are the breaks

• zovyn

The dream is over. :(

• zovyn

Pretty much ANY winning goalie except Hell-boy and I was golden. Can this game end now??

• zovyn

Yep. McJeebus ENG was such a completely obvious and painful ending. Went from $25K to $300 in the last 5 minutes of that game. Le sigh. Got the $100 Deke ticket though so we’ll just keep grinding away I guess. Was a fun ride while it lasted. :)

• NextSignal

Oh man, McJesus giveth and McJesus taketh away. Sorry dude. I’d say your new process works though.

• zovyn

@NextSignal said...

Oh man, McJesus giveth and McJesus taketh away. Sorry dude. I’d say your new process works though.

Well it’ll probably be 30 days until I get another run at it, already have 2 tickets for the next one now. I’d certainly have been dramatically increasing my stakes going forward if that had held. :P

It’s ironic because McJeebus is easily my favorite player and play. It’s all good, any profit is good profit (I’ll keep telling myself that).

Thanks for the support and good wishes, all!

• zovyn

Alright, last post for me tonight. FTR my biggest win (ever) was $1.0k on a slate so this one was a wild ride. The what-ifs are starting to set in.

The 5 goalies I rolled were Varlamov, Smith, Hellebuyck, Rinne, and Ullmark.

Hindsight says I should have had Smith in that LU instead of Hell-boy which would have gotten me 2nd,3rd,4th, and 5th place for $11k. Even Varly on that one would have put me well over $1K for the slate. It was my only LU that didn’t have any stake in the late game.

SIDENOTE: The Predators are just as bad as the Red Wings and I shouldn’t ever play them on the road. I’m posting that here so somebody can remind me the next time I re-up on NSH.

But the takeaway that I’ll build the most confidence on is that I finished 34th in the 13k-entry monthly Super Crossbar and not a single Bkreider or Testosterown LU finished ahead of my best. I’ll take that as a big moral victory for a little fish swimming with the sharks.

On to Friday’s crappy little 3-game slate. :)

• Volkster6

@zovyn said...

Alright, last post for me tonight. FTR my biggest win (ever) was $1.0k on a slate so this one was a wild ride. The what-ifs are starting to set in.

Hindsight says I should have had Smith in that LU instead of Hell-boy which would have gotten me 2nd,3rd,4th, and 5th place for $11k. Even Varly on that one would have put me well over $1K for the slate. It was my only LU that didn’t have any stake in the late game.

SIDENOTE: The Predators are just as bad as the Red Wings and I shouldn’t ever play them on the road. I’m posting that here so somebody can remind me the next time I re-up on NSH.

But the takeaway that I’ll build the most confidence on is that I finished 34th in the 13k-entry monthly Super Crossbar and not a single Bkreider or Testosterown LU finished ahead of my best. I’ll take that as a big moral victory for a little fish swimming with the sharks.

Tough loss Zovyn. We were pulling for you.

Chin up! You’ll get there again

• Krausehouse

• 2020 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

Try not thinking about the what if’s Zovyn, as hard as that may be. It will eat you up and your dfs will struggle because of it. Stick to the process. The good thing about dfs is… There’s always tomorrow. The bad thing about dfs is… There’s always tomorrow. Great build regardless the outcome! Who knows you might be back in a position to take down sooner than you expect!

- Good hearing from you and congrats on the finish Volkster!

• Zieg30

@zovyn said...

Really rough beat.

Next time, even if you don’t want to build more lineups, I’d suggest not running so many in a train, and instead keep the same build, but change the goalie in one, swap a D in another, change the goalie and D in a third, etc.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).