• Blogger of the Month

12:35 PM :  Boston ( -140 ) at  Dallas ( 120 ) —- T: -140
    3:05 PM :  Calgary ( 115 ) at  Carolina ( -135 ) —- T: 115
    5:05 PM :  Edmonton ( 105 ) at  Nashville ( -125 ) —- T: 105
    5:05 PM :  Columbus ( 110 ) at  N.Y. Rangers ( -130 ) —- T: 110
    7:35 PM :  St. Louis ( 150 ) at  Chicago ( -170 ) —- T: 150
    7:35 PM :  Ottawa ( 140 ) at  Florida ( -160 ) —- T: 140
    8:35 PM :  Buffalo ( -110 ) at  Arizona ( -110 ) —- T: -110

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

Can’t escape having Nashville exposure. They’re on fire.

Going to have decent exposure to Arizona too.

• PhoFever

Question about today’s slate: which narrative to we go with today, “Angry, humiliated eager to atone” Buffalo or “Tired, defeated and vulnerable” Buffalo?

Also, a more general question: when you are stacking a team, is it best to stack a complete line, or grab a couple guys from each of the main scoring lines with emphasis on guys who share PP time?

• stellagirl

I might game stack Buff/Az.

AZ has Domingue in net and allows the 2nd most goals per game in the NHL… AZ is bad (bottom 5 in the league) on the PK, and Buff has a top 3 powerplay (by %) in the league.

Buff has Nilsson in net and AZ has averaged a respectable 3 goals per game at home in Feb.

+1 on NASH exposure as well….

• TicketRaven

Honestly – how would anyone be playing a full day slate when 50% of the goalies, including the 12:30pm game, are unconfirmed. Very hard to participate in NHL-DFS when this goalie thing is undecided. If they change one rule in 2018 hockey DFS – they MUST allow goalie changes until the opening whistle – DFS sites would make more money – I’m sure of it. Just allow goalie changes up until game time – it is a simple programming/tech change that would take about 20 minutes to write a code. ughhhhhhhh!

• kdub

@TicketRaven said...

Honestly – how would anyone be playing a full day slate when 50% of the goalies, including the 12:30pm game, are unconfirmed. Very hard to participate in NHL-DFS when this goalie thing is undecided. If they change one rule in 2018 hockey DFS – they MUST allow goalie changes until the opening whistle – DFS sites would make more money – I’m sure of it. Just allow goalie changes up until game time – it is a simple programming/tech change that would take about 20 minutes to write a code. ughhhhhhhh!

DK does

• TicketRaven

It drives me crazy that NHL message boards are all focused around what goalie is starting instead of the hundreds of players that are important to a slate. All the goalie talk is such a waste of space and paper.

• PLEASE #dfs #draftkings #fanduel allow goalie changes soon up until game time – NHL DFS play would be a much better product
  • TicketRaven

I know DK’s does – yes, but their payouts for NHL are horrible – there is more $$$ in NHL Fanduel pools –

• dpalm48

@Seahawkto said...

Question about today’s slate: which narrative to we go with today, “Angry, humiliated eager to atone” Buffalo or “Tired, defeated and vulnerable” Buffalo?

Also, a more general question: when you are stacking a team, is it best to stack a complete line, or grab a couple guys from each of the main scoring lines with emphasis on guys who share PP time?

I would also like to know everyones take on this. I am all about the stack. But sometimes it bothers me when 1 or more of the guys from a line don’t play on same PP. It often makes me want to take the 2 guys that are on same PP and add on a defensemen that also plays on that PP. But everytime I do, the dud that was on the 2nd pp or whatever always scores and I regret my decision.

Long story short. What is everybodies thoughts on the stack. Do you go with the entire forward line regardless of PP positioning or do you prefer the 2 forward with a top D stack?

Thanks in advance guys!

• kdub

@dpalm48 said...

I would also like to know everyones take on this. I am all about the stack. But sometimes it bothers me when 1 or more of the guys from a line don’t play on same PP. It often makes me want to take the 2 guys that are on same PP and add on a defensemen that also plays on that PP. But everytime I do, the dud that was on the 2nd pp or whatever always scores and I regret my decision.

Long story short. What is everybodies thoughts on the stack. Do you go with the entire forward line regardless of PP positioning or do you prefer the 2 forward with a top D stack?

Thanks in advance guys!

I personally like to try to go 4/3/1 with players from the same EV line and hopefully they are all on the PP too, if they arent it wont put me off them, but its definitely a nice boost when they are together

• dpalm48

sorry, but I don’t quite understand the 4/3/1 part?

• NESBears120

@dpalm48 said...

4 man stack, 3 man stack and a one off

• kdub

@dpalm48 said...

3 forwards and 1 dman from a team stacked with 3 forwards from another team, sometimes 2 forwards 1 dman

• dpalm48

Interesting theory. I usually pick a team I like and either take the whole line I like or 2 of them with the top d-man. The odd time I will take the whole forward and the top d man as well.

• Danforth11

Do yal stack for GPPs, cash, or both?

• dpalm48

GPP’s mostly.

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

@TicketRaven said...

I know DK’s does – yes, but their payouts for NHL are horrible – there is more $$$ in NHL Fanduel pools –

Reality doesn’t back that up. DK’s NHL GPPs this season have almost universally been larger with better payouts than FD’s.

Honestly, FD’s NHL GPPs are almost unplayable at the moment given the disparity in pay out, for example, between 1st place and 10th place. Far too top heavy.

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

@Seahawkto said...

I stack either a complete line, PP line, or hybrid (if there’s an even strength line with two line mates who share PP time, and a third linemate who I don’t like as much, I’ll stack those two linemates along with the D-man running point on that PP – Matthews/Nylander/Gardiner is a current example of this).

• dpalm48

I generally do the exact same thing? you find much success? I have definitely cashed more using this synergy style.

• deejones49

@Zieg30 said...

Reality doesn’t back that up. DK’s NHL GPPs this season have almost universally been larger with better payouts than FD’s.

Honestly, FD’s NHL GPPs are almost unplayable at the moment given the disparity in pay out, for example, between 1st place and 10th place. Far too top heavy.

That is the reason i switched to cash

• TimmerRC

There is no right answer to stacking, but I tend to use two general methods.

1. One complete line of forwards who happen to span both power play lines: example: EDM1.

2. Two forwards from different lines but same PP line, coupled with the main D-man from that pp. example: J. Staal (CAR2), with E. Lindholm (CAR1) and J. Faulk (D).

• dpalm48

I have never used the PP stack. IE: players from different lines but on same PP. I find it limits the time these players are actually on the ice together. You find much success using option 2? I have just never tried it.

• TimmerRC

It works well if I think a team frequently scores across all of its lines. For instance, it’s great for Washington. Backstrom or Ovechkin (WSH1) with Williams or Johansson (WSH2) and Carlson.

• kdub

Crawford confirmed on DFO Darling confirmed on LWL lol who do I believe

nvm I see Crawford is sick

• purple33

I definitely agree with that take Zieg. I love FD scoring way better than DKs. Also DKs format layout is not user friendly in opinion. So hopefully the merge doesn’t change FD cause I like it way better.

• TicketRaven

Zieg and Dee – I have been doing 50/50’s mostly now and that seems to be the way to build the bankroll – I have been cashing 3 out of 4 pretty consistently – example: four $5 50/50’s and using NBA and NHL – seems to be working well. We’ll see over a month

• X Unread Thread
    • X Thread with New Replies*
    • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index