7:05 PM :  Buffalo ( 145 ) at  Philadelphia ( -165 ) —- T: 6½u-20
    7:05 PM :  Ottawa ( 250 ) at  Washington ( -300 ) —- T: 6½u-20
    7:05 PM :  Pittsburgh ( 120 ) at  Columbus ( -140 ) —- T: 6½o-30
    7:35 PM :  Montreal ( -123 ) at  Detroit ( 111 ) —- T: 5½o-20
    8:05 PM :  Nashville ( 122 ) at  St. Louis ( -135 ) —- T: 5½o-10
    8:05 PM :  Minnesota ( 135 ) at  Winnipeg ( -155 ) —- T: 6u-10
    9:05 PM :  Florida ( 110 ) at  Arizona ( -130 ) —- T: 6u-20
    10:05 PM :  Dallas ( 165 ) at  Vegas ( -190 ) —- T: 5½u-20

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Bam79

I looked at Car2, long and hard…Concluded it was a trap.

• keephustlincuz

@Zieg30 said...

CAR2-WSH2 was the play thus far!

with dougie and carlson?

• canuck1995

In hindsight, Carolina 2 was an obvious line to go with. I think I gave them maybe 2 mins worth of consideration, and went with Car1 instead. Unless Sid’s line goes off for another full line goal or two, don’t think I’ll be winning much of anything tonight lol

• Zieg30

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

@canuck1995 said...

In hindsight, Carolina 2 was an obvious line to go with. I think I gave them maybe 2 mins worth of consideration, and went with Car1 instead. Unless Sid’s line goes off for another full line goal or two, don’t think I’ll be winning much of anything tonight lol

Yeah, I went big into CAR1, and never really considered them, but they were worth considering with Staal back.

My PHI2-WSH2 lineup was winning a decent chunk of change in the $20 until that latest goal of CAR2s. Really need PHI2 to get some more points.

• Canuckage

Even though CAR2 went off, CAR1 is still the more +EV play.

• Zieg30

@Canuckage said...

7 times outta 10 CAR1 would have been the right play from that team in these circumstances, so can’t be too torn up about this.

• Zieg30

Schultz doing a whole lotta bubkis with his heavy minutes too.

• Canuckage

@Zieg30 said...

Schultz doing a whole lotta bubkis with his heavy minutes too.

Yup, not looking like a good night so far unless some other team besides CAR2 pop off.

• keephustlincuz

@Canuckage said...

Lately, I find myself being guilty of picking a goalie and then completely ignoring the skaters from that team. Is this something you have to remind yourself to do each night?

• the_shashi

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@Zieg30 said...

CAR2-WSH2 was the play thus far!

i had the car2 wsh2 combo initially but it didn’t make the cut w my measly 40 entries… now im just hoping wsh2 continue to roll and one out of my 16/40 LUs outperform car2 yuckkkk lol

i got a wsh2-bos2+laine stack that has an outside chance…

• the_shashi

@keephustlincuz said...

Lately, I find myself being guilty of picking a goalie and then completely ignoring the skaters from that team. Is this something you have to remind yourself to do each night?

i do it often. i think it’s a good way to diversify the combos u like best.

• canuck1995

@keephustlincuz said...

Can’t speak for Canuckage but I correlate my goalie to one of my lines 95% of the time. With the variability I just find it makes more sense for me to do this and it eases my remorse if I opt for an uncorrelated goalie and he sinks my lineup. If my lines do well, ostensibly my goalie should do well.

If it’s a game where I think it’s going to be a 5-4 type thing I’ll opt to go elsewhere, or if if I just see a good low priced goalie, like Mcehlaney (close enough) was the other day at 7400 against the stars

• Zieg30

@Canuckage said...

Hamilton over Faulk also made little sense. He was marginally more expensive on DK, while Faulk was getting substantially more PP time.

• yisman

Quick the second goalie to get yanked tonight.

Justin Faulk left, will not return.

Ferland left, questionable to return.

• the_shashi

@Canuckage said...

Yup, not looking like a good night so far unless some other team besides CAR2 pop off.

MTL popping off…

• keephustlincuz

@the_shashi said...

MTL popping off…

• sizzlebeans

@sizzlebeans said...

Looks like Nyquist is going to start on the 3rd line with Sorensen out. I wouldn’t be surprised if PDB moved him around a bit if we’re struggling on offense.

Or, Nyquist will come up to the top line due to all the fights and Kane getting tossed.

• deejones49

My boy let a few in tonight Jimmy Howard

• Canuckage

@keephustlincuz said...

ely, I find myself being guilty of picking a goalie and then completely ignoring the skaters from that team. Is this something you have to remind yourself to do each

I correlate my goalie with the skaters on the team like 80% of the time. Part of the reason for me at least is just easier for multi entry so I don’t overthink too much about each line up.

Certain situations where I take a different goalie from my team stack is when: – Salary doesn’t fit – Opposing team is a high offensive team – Goalie is just crap

• keephustlincuz

@Canuckage said...

I correlate my goalie with the skaters on the team like 80% of the time. Part of the reason for me at least is just easier for multi entry so I don’t overthink too much about each line up.

Certain situations where I take a different goalie from my team stack is when: – Salary doesn’t fit – Opposing team is a high offensive team – Goalie is just crap

Interesting that you correlate 80%. I am going to try this more often. Thanks.

• Zieg30

Too bad the Caps’ scoring was so spread out. All three lines hit somewhat.

• hautalak

Missed the MON and CAR boat. Might win one h2h and that’s it.

• gairz

I’m pretty much cooked unless VGK2 goes crazy.

Stars lines during warmup in Vegas:
    Hintz-Seguin-Radulov
    Cogliano-Faksa-Comeau
    Janmark-Spezza-Gurianov
    Nichushkin-Dickinson-Ritchie

Lindell-Klingberg
    Heiskanen-Polak
    Oleksiak-Lovejoy

Golden Knights lineup vs. Stars

Marchessault-Karlsson-Smith
    Pacioretty-Stastny-Stone
    Tuch-Eakin-Carpenter
    Nosek-PEB-Reaves

Schmidt-Engelland
    McNabb-Theodore
    Merrill-Miller

Fleury
    #VegasBorn

• Zieg30

@hautalak said...

Missed the MON and CAR boat. Might win one h2h and that’s it.

Missed the MON and CAR boat as well, though my PHI2-WSH2 lineup is barely hanging on to first in this $5 satellite for a $300 FHWC qualifier ticket.

https://www.draftkings.com/contest/gamecenter/69631127?uc=1414388618

Need Binnington to give up a couple goals and for WPG1 to go completely silent in the third. Not looking likely!

• jjwd

@gairz said...

I’m pretty much cooked unless VGK2 goes crazy.

I’m cheering for Schmidt. Lets go VGK

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).