7:05 PM :  Buffalo ( 145 ) at  Philadelphia ( -165 ) —- T: 6½u-20
    7:05 PM :  Ottawa ( 250 ) at  Washington ( -300 ) —- T: 6½u-20
    7:05 PM :  Pittsburgh ( 120 ) at  Columbus ( -140 ) —- T: 6½o-30
    7:35 PM :  Montreal ( -123 ) at  Detroit ( 111 ) —- T: 5½o-20
    8:05 PM :  Nashville ( 122 ) at  St. Louis ( -135 ) —- T: 5½o-10
    8:05 PM :  Minnesota ( 135 ) at  Winnipeg ( -155 ) —- T: 6u-10
    9:05 PM :  Florida ( 110 ) at  Arizona ( -130 ) —- T: 6u-20
    10:05 PM :  Dallas ( 165 ) at  Vegas ( -190 ) —- T: 5½u-20

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• gairz

@gairz said...

0 8 hours ago I’m pretty much cooked unless VGK2 goes crazy.

Well.. good morning!!

It’s not too often I wake with a smile on my face. Lol. Waytogo VAN2! [EDIT: VGK2.. no coffee yet]

5 slates in a row in the black. Up over $300 during this mini run. Guess that makes up for the $200 lost the last month. Lol

• lwilly

Had a pretty good night, took down second in the enforcer with phi2 and Domi/Shaw/Tatar. Also wishing I did a better job confirming the lines, a Tatar-drouin swap would have been enough to push me over the top. Oh well can’t complain!

• hautalak

@lwilly said...

Had a pretty good night, took down second in the enforcer with phi2 and Domi/Shaw/Tatar. Also wishing I did a better job confirming the lines, a Tatar-drouin swap would have been enough to push me over the top. Oh well can’t complain!

Nice lineup! Congrats and glad to see somebody who won last night haha

• Zieg30

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

Congrats to those who did well!

I almost feel bad for the CAR2 stacks out there. Things were looking great until MON2 lit it up in the third to become the best stack.

• gairz

WTG willy

• lwilly

Thanks everyone! Hopefully be able to keep it going tonight.

• jimcap87

Anyone else still waiting on their account to be credited from last night?

• gairz

@jimcap87 said...

Yup. Not sure what the hold up would be.

• lwilly

@jimcap87 said...

Yeah none of my contests have paid out yet.

• jimcap87

Just got a message from support.

Thank you for reaching out! We will be paying out NHL contests in a few hours. We are awaiting final box scores for a game which we are required to wait for before we pay out.

We appreciate your patience in the meantime.

• PhoFever

Broke a brutal 10 day long losing streak on Yahoo last night. Also won one of those “Snipes” on FanDuel.

FanDuel has been a good experience so far; one feature that I unexpectedly have grown to like is that you can’t pick more than 4 players from 1 team, so no Josh stacks. Didn’t like it at first, but now am finding that it makes you think a little bit more about where to get your points from.

• gairz

@jimcap87 said...

Thank you for reaching out! We will be paying out NHL contests in a few hours. We are awaiting final box scores for a game which we are required to wait for before we pay out.

We appreciate your patience in the meantime.

?? Scorekeeper fall asleep at the VGK game? Lol.. zzzzz.

• mr_papageorgio

@the_shashi said...

hahaha we shared the same pain tonight!! had him in my high stakes entry too (same as forum entry)… elevator plummeted me from 5th w the w to 18th in a minute.

tomorrow’s 275 looks juicy though. onto tmrw!

Already registered for it!

• hautalak

@PhoFever said...

Broke a brutal 10 day long losing streak on Yahoo last night. Also won one of those “Snipes” on FanDuel.

Congrats! I haven’t snapped the losing streak yet :( Does that mean I need to start a FD account and pump money in there?! Not yet but “if” I win I might just need to…

• cheezpizza

Been chasing the win in the Power Foward on DK…didnt play in it last night and only played a single bullet in the $20. Would have won the Power Foward with that lineup…figures.

• BobbyTheBrain

How come the dk hockey contests haven’t settled yet

• jimcap87

@BobbyTheBrain said...

How come the dk hockey contests haven’t settled yet

We appreciate your patience in the meantime

• PhoFever

@hautalak said...

Congrats! I haven’t snapped the losing streak yet :( Does that mean I need to start a FD account and pump money in there?! Not yet but “if” I win I might just need to…

Well hope it happens soon! It certainly gets frustrating night after night!

For FanDuel,I simply put $5 in to start, and they gift you $5 after your first deposit. They have a lot of “beginner only” and even “intermediate only” contests to get your feet wet. Some decent .25 options and better “ticket” contests than DK, in my opinion. In a few weeks my BR is up to $40 and I even won a ticket to a $7 contest.

One contest that I like for low stakes players is the .25 “everybody wins” contest which fills and regenerates all day. The pot is spread from top to bottom, so that the winner only gets $2 but you “win “.10 even finishing in last place. It’s a 7-max entry, so if you enter a train you can make 4X or 5X your deposit. It’s a nice place to make your placeholder lineup.

• hautalak

@PhoFever said...

For FanDuel,I simply put $5 in to start, and they gift you $5 after your first deposit. They have a lot of “beginner only” and even “intermediate only” contests to get your feet wet. Some decent .25 options and better “ticket” contests than DK, in my opinion. In a few weeks my BR is up to $40 and I even won a ticket to a $7 contest.

Nice. Like I said if I ever “win” a nice chunk I’ll move some over there but until then I’m wasting away on DK and Yahoo waiting for that payday. Maybe I need to get back on FantasyDraft ;)

• PhoFever

@hautalak said...

Maybe I need to get back on FantasyDraft ;)

You were good on there! I’ll never go back there myself until they implement late swap. I imagine it was hairy over there leading up to the trade deadline with all the late scratches. Why are they so frickin’ stubborn?

• hautalak

@PhoFever said...

You were good on there! I’ll never go back there myself until they implement late swap. I imagine it was hairy over there leading up to the trade deadline with all the late scratches. Why are they so frickin’ stubborn?

Yeah and I’m still not exactly sure why. I’m sure construction and “team goalies” had something to do with it!

Only play freerolls there now and have been missing them lately. I did “win” a T-shirt there somehow (must have been a side contest or something). And as for late swap, I’m not sure why at all. It’s especially the worst for MLB!!!

• PhoFever

@hautalak said...

It’s especially the worst for MLB!!!

Oh yeah tell me about it. Someone told me that you can find most MLB starting lineups somewhere on the internet before the lineups lock and for that reason it was OK not to have lateswap. To the extent that that’s even true, doesn’t it defeat the purpose if you have to go scrambling and searching on a bunch of external sites trying to know who is starting in time to beat the deadline?

• hautalak

@PhoFever said...

Oh yeah tell me about it. Someone told me that you can find most MLB starting lineups somewhere on the internet before the lineups lock and for that reason it was OK not to have lateswap.

Ok what happens when said lineup is wrong?! It’s just inexcusable for MLB.

Speaking of MLB I’m gearing up for it but was pretty bad last year so I have to be less lax about “researching” and plugging in the “right” guys. Last year I was typicaly fine for P’s it was the batters that killed me. Oh you get the one P system now you’re on FD too!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).