NHL FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:08 PM :  Boston ( -172 ) at  N.Y. Rangers ( 144 ) —- T: 5½o-15
    8:08 PM :  Los Angeles ( 150 ) at  Minnesota ( -170 ) —- T: 5½u-20
    9:08 PM :  Colorado ( -175 ) at  Arizona ( 145 ) —- T: 5½u-25

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NHL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• cplatt87

I think last night was my worst night of NHL DFS since I started playing 3 seasons ago. Literally every read i had on the night was wrong. Nowhere to go but up tonight!

• Volkster6

Unless you go … way … further … down! But let’s hope for up.

Krause! I’m here because of you today. What should we discuss? Sorry that I don’t post as much anymore guys, I spend a lot of time talking with Shashi Zieg and Felix though.

My advice, from someone who degens 3rd liners, don’t go there tonight. Smaller slates mean people chase those Lines way more, which discounts the top dogs slightly.

• zovyn

(F/D) It’s definitely a sketchy 3-game slate with a lot of potential outcomes. I don’t think anybody is a ‘lock’ at this point but there’s enough value that you can pretty easily do any kind of build you want.

Initial thoughts:

BOS@NYR – Rask v Georgiev (both confirmed at this time) – NYR1 is underpriced if the Rangers offense has truly finally woken up but BOS has been playing solid D – on the flip side their road offense hasn’t been fantastic. I like Vaakanainen for the Bruins at min salary and he hasn’t let me down yet. Ritchie rarely disappoints and he’s got a lock on that L2/PP1 slot that I look for on the road.

LA@MIN – Quick v Talbot (both projected at this time) – MIN2 has been rock solid in this last stretch of road games but now they’re back at home and I would think they’re going to try and get some last-change matchups for MIN1 to exploit and get rolling. LA has been surprisingly (shockingly?) adequate and Quick’s last few starts have been sick. Talbot doesn’t excite me so this game I think is the biggest wild card.

COL@ARI – Grubauer v Kuemper (both projected at this time) COL1 offense hasn’t really gotten rolling either and being on the road at ARI doesn’t scream opportunity. Meanwhile COL2 requires optimism to roll out (I always lean towards L2s on the road) – ARI1 has some life to it and Chychrun is way underpriced for his role and usage.

• Volkster6

Great analysis. Wonder how owned BOS1 vs COL1 is today, and if you need to go there in SE. For MME it’s easy to simply be under or overweight per the field… hmmmm

• cplatt87

I will likely go back to Lafreniere and Mackinnon tonight, but past that I don’t really know what to do.

I love that zovyn mentioned that LA has been actually good recently, as I’ve played their goalie at $6900 (nice) the last 2 slates they were on and got paid off nicely for doing so. They’re $7200 tonight but should still see alot of shots as Minnesota has guys like Fiala that shoot a ton, so I don’t mind going there again in goal.

• Krausehouse

• 2020 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

Haha yes, come around more 😉! Not all of us are cool enough to be in the secret chat… Let’s discuss if one team is going to score enough goals to make the 3 game slate onslaught viable. Wasn’t going to play today but I’m driving in a car for 8 hours (as a passenger), and I am going to be extremely bored. Plus I won money yesterday so it feels right…

Can’t see not playing BOS1 or COL1 on a single entry type build, been bouncing around deciding on which. It’s nice that the COL game provides late swap optionality.

• Volkster6

@Krausehouse said...

Haha yes, come around more 😉! Not all of us are cool enough to be in the secret chat… Let’s discuss if one team is going to score enough goals to make the 3 game slate onslaught viable. Wasn’t going to play today but I’m driving in a car for 8 hours (as a passenger), and I am going to be extremely bored. Plus I won money yesterday so it feels right…

Can’t see not playing BOS1 or COL1 on a single entry type build, been bouncing around deciding on which. It’s nice that the COL game provides late swap optionality.

Ha ha. Yeah been a while! The Secret Chat is just a bunch of degens discussing the RG forum topics ;)

As always in these spots, I say fade the chalk in SE simply because you become instantly unique and can play all the other good plays.

Seeing above, I see someone mentioned playing LA goalies. My guess is they’ll be very high in most contests, simply because they’ve played well, seen volume and are cheap. Don’t forget – Leverage is so important in a small slate.
    My guess is Grub and Rask will be lower then they should be, based on recency bias suggesting you can play LUs of Berg/Pasta/Mack – or Mack/Rant/Pasta and run it back with LA goalie.

• Volkster6

Oh and for those who’ve never seen me post before, but have been around all season, I’m a high volume DK only player. You’ll see me in the 121 or maxing the 40 on most nights. So my advice/discussion points is generally for those types of contests

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@Volkster6 said...

Ha ha. Yeah been a while! The Secret Chat is just a bunch of degens discussing the RG forum topics ;)

The Secret Chat is not a secret anymore!

• Felixxberg

@Volkster6 said...

As always in these spots, I say fade the chalk in SE simply because you become instantly unique and can play all the other good plays.

Seeing above, I see someone mentioned playing LA goalies. My guess is they’ll be very high in most contests, simply because they’ve played well, seen volume and are cheap. Don’t forget – Leverage is so important in a small slate.
    My guess is Grub and Rask will be lower then they should be, based on recency bias suggesting you can play LUs of Berg/Pasta/Mack – or Mack/Rant/Pasta and run it back with LA goalie.

At this point, I don’t know what the chalk will be. BOS1? COL1? Kreider?

• cplatt87

@Felixxberg said...

At this point, I don’t know what the chalk will be. BOS1? COL1? Kreider?

I can’t see Kreider being chalk despite people wanting to chase his hat trick simply because he’s playing against Boston which usually scares enough people away, so I don’t think he’ll get up as high as the COL1/BOS1 ownership.

My guess is COL1 will be the more popular stack but wouldn’t be surprised to see COL1 and BOS1 be basically even on a small slate like this.

• hautalak

Yeah after the BOS stinker last night I’m thinking right back to that well! Pasta owes me for not scoring last night (DK had a nice odds boost on him & Barzal to score!).

• cplatt87

@cplatt87 said...

My guess is COL1 will be the more popular stack

After playing around with salaries for a bit I’m even more sold on this being the case. You can fit COL1 + Pastrnak with ~3k per skater leftover depending on the goalie you pick, so I assume a lot of folks will go there.

BOS1 + Mackinnon is too expensive to fit, but can be done with Rantanen.

• Felixxberg

It’s such a perfect slate for SD! No line confirmation for BOS, LAK, MIN and ARI.

• Krausehouse

• 2020 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

Some goalies in the late game that aren’t particularly good…

• Volkster6

I think a very popular build will be 3 with their correlated Dman… then a trio, and a one off.

You can fit COL1 with Makar and lots of L2s but cannot play BOS1 with McAvoy and really any 2. Because of this, you will likely see lots of Berg Pasta McAvoy or Berg March McAvoy combos, and definitely a lot of Mack Landy Rant Makar.

If I’m maxing the 40 I won’t have the Bruins 3man with McAvoy, so if he goes off I lose. But actually playing BOS1 fully is likely unique in its own right, relative to the slate. You’ll see the usual 60 for Pasta; 45-50 for Berg; 20-25% for Marchy and 20-25% for McAvoy I think

• panters

@Felixxberg said...

It’s such a perfect slate for SD! No line confirmation for BOS, LAK, MIN and ARI.

Maybe a perfect slate for me not to play!

• qatman

I am taking a shot with Adin Hill tonight who is likely to be low owned. Playing some of my usual underpriced crew along with 2/3 of BOS1. This is a weirdish lineup in that it is not super correlated but also probably low ownership… guess I will just play smaller than usual. I did pull out a profit last night after all, so trying to keep up the good streak.

• cplatt87

Playing Georgiev tonight in order to fit the 2 stacks I want to.

• tristanwolf

is it urho vaakaakinen chalk night?
    man i had grubauer on half my teams now i see it’s miska yech.

• mr_papageorgio

I feel pretty good about my lineup for tonight. 35 DK points here I come!

• lomac

Rangers lines
    K’Andre Miller is IN; Anthony Bitetto OUT for #NYR

Pregame rushes for #NYR

Laf – Mika – Buch
    Kreider – Strome – Blackwell
    Lemieux – Rooney – Brodzinski
    PDG – Howden – Gauthier

Lindgren – Fox
    Miller – Smith
    Johnson – Hájek

Georgiev in 🥅

• cplatt87

@lomac said...

K’Andre Miller is IN

Just shuffled some stuff around to fit him in as he’s pretty cheap and gets a good amount of minutes on a pretty depleted D Core.

I wish I could play Fox but I don’t have the salary!

• Sportsfan100

@cplatt87 said...

Just shuffled some stuff around to fit him in as he’s pretty cheap and gets a good amount of minutes on a pretty depleted D Core.

Under 5% in the DK $5 SE

• OttawaCityMadman

@cplatt87 said...

damn,these are the ones that can really haunt ya, IF they go off. I played some Fox. He will go off, but my lines duos will suck and we both lose, how bout that? ;)

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).