• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:05 PM :  Calgary ( -165 ) at  New Jersey ( 145 ) —- T: 6½o-15
    7:05 PM :  Edmonton ( 205 ) at  Toronto ( -245 ) —- T: 6½o-15
    7:35 PM :  Tampa Bay ( -200 ) at  N.Y. Rangers ( 165 ) —- T: 6½o-30
    9:35 PM :  Vancouver ( 155 ) at  Colorado ( -175 ) —- T: 6½u-15
    10:05 PM :  Chicago ( -110 ) at  Anaheim ( -110 ) —- T: 6u-15

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• PocketsSloppy

Yesterday’s $1 – 20 Player – Top 5 (Contest 1) results:

gair-z – 48.7
    zekethedane – 44.9
    akdarstudios – 43.3
    flipp99 – 42.3
    the_sashi – 41.4

• PocketsSloppy

Yesterday’s $1 – 20 Player – Top 5 (Contest 2) results:

terlina – 47.2
    Southie – 45.4
    TheDaz – 45.3
    cob1979 – 43.4
    TnCowboys – 42.3

• PocketsSloppy

DK $1 – 20 Player – Top 5

https://www.draftkings.com/draft/contest/69681222

• sizzlebeans

Congrats to last nights winners!

I got dibs on a T4 finish in the $5 Poke Check on DK tonight. Got room for three more up there if you’d like to join me…unless I luck into multiple top 4’s, of course.

There’s a case to be made for every team (or least 1 line from each team) on this slate. Game stacking the EDM/TOR and VAN/COL looks the most enticing though.

• hautalak

Think I’m gonna chalk it up with TB and COL. Now how to work them in will be the question. Think I’m going for a single in the $5 and maybe a forum/league contest (for higher return equity). It can’t get too much worse than I’ve been. Even dipped to “bronze” on Yahoo lol

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

loumister35 won the $20 contest by 9 DK points!! MTL2-VGK2-Schmidt (who did 9)-OEL-Fleury.

• LJR102788

Im going back to the CGY 1 well tonight, thought they’d go off last night but a date with NJ is never a bad thing this year

• LJR102788

Palmieri- OUT
    Wood- OUT
    NJ1 is Coleman-Hischier-Lapin……….

• hautalak

@LJR102788 said...

Palmieri- OUT
    Wood- OUT
    NJ1 is Coleman-Hischier-Lapin……….

Well now I need to add a CGY onslaught… so 2 lineups now lol

• sizzlebeans

@LJR102788 said...

Im going back to the CGY 1 well tonight, thought they’d go off last night but a date with NJ is never a bad thing this year

They (EDIT: NJ) are so injured right now. I’ll have exposure to both sides, but will def limit my Devs exposure with those lines.

New Jersey Devils tonight: – No Hall – No Palmieri – No Wood – No Bratt – No Noesen – No Zacha – No Quenville

Hey, they get Vatanen back though!

• PhoFever

@sizzlebeans said...

No Hall – No Palmieri – No Wood – No Bratt – No Noesen – No Zacha – No Quenville

These are the nights I hate! Like OTT last night, somehow NJ will score the first 2 or 3 goals and give us all a good scare.

• sizzlebeans

@PhoFever said...

These are the nights I hate! Like OTT last night, somehow NJ will score the first 2 or 3 goals and give us all a good scare.

And that’s why I’ll have some exposure :)

Blackwood will be major leverage in large field tourneys. Everyone is going to be on the Flames, so if he shuts them down a bit and gets the win, it could vault your line-up into the top 30% just based on that. You’ll need to hit your line stacks right still, of course.

• PhoFever

@sizzlebeans said...

Blackwood will be major leverage in large field tourneys

Yeah for sure, although as the lowest priced goalie he may have higher ownership than normal. Especially when the top lines are so expensive tonight.

Are we ready to name tonight’s annoying 3rd/4th liner that will get a goal after you contemplate using him (but decide not to)?

Austin Czarnik.

Not to be confused with Casey Cizikas. Or maybe we should confuse them. NHL unspoken rule: all “Cz” and “Pyzs” named players must remain mostly anonymous and must only ever play on 3rd and 4th lines.

• sizzlebeans

I have looked at Czarnik. Going 20 builds deep tonight, so I will probably have some of him tonight

• hautalak

@PhoFever said...

Austin Czarnik.

His cousin was once on my team and drafted as well but is playing in Europe somewhere. And he just scored so I don’t see lightning striking twice. Trying to stay away from this slate a little but like it at the same time. I’m also down to “bronze” in NHL (hysterically laughing at myself) so I’m up for some QMs tonight. I’ve been losing so many though, even in silver…

• klubba575

Czarnik has scored in the last 3 or so games if I remember correct. Stacking Chicago’s home opponents has been successful with their lack of D, but the Ducks cant score to save their lives. Are they worth some cheap plays??

Edit – That Czarnik streak was a couple games ago but 4 in his last 6 games is still great.

• lwilly

I think I’ll be leaning Rittich tonight with McDavid back versus Andersen… Rittich has a .932 sv% on the road this year playing against a banged up Devils team but he hasn’t been the best post-all star break.

• PhoFever

@hautalak said...

His cousin was once on my team and drafted as well but is playing in Europe somewhere. And he just scored so I don’t see lightning striking twice. Trying to stay away from this slate a little but like it at the same time. I’m also down to “bronze” in NHL (hysterically laughing at myself) so I’m up for some QMs tonight. I’ve been losing so many though, even in silver…

Oh that’s cool, didn’t know you played!

I’ll be joining you at the QM bronze level soon. What is it about those suckers that make them so hard to win? Last night i tripled up my overall investments including 2nd in the $1, and yet still lost both QM’s. When the lineups locked I looked at my opponent’s lineup and thought “Pfff, rookie, what are you thinking?” And then he handily beat me.

• PhoFever

@lwilly said...

I think I’ll be leaning Rittich tonight with McDavid back versus Andersen… Rittich has a .932 sv% on the road this year playing against a banged up Devils team but he hasn’t been the best post-all star break.

How do we know it won’t be Smith in net?

• hautalak

@PhoFever said...

Oh that’s cool, didn’t know you played!

I’ll be joining you at the QM bronze level soon. What is it about those suckers that make them so hard to win? Last night i tripled up my overall investments including 2nd in the $1, and yet still lost both QM’s. When the lineups locked I looked at my opponent’s lineup and thought “Pfff, rookie, what are you thinking?” And then he handily beat me.

Yeah that was ages ago! Still play the occasion beer league but not lately. Had a lot of players around me move on to the next levels and then fizzle throughout but a select few “made it”. I played on Pateryn’s and Merrill’s team but as a mite, against Fowler and Krug, and there’s a couple other guys. I definitely could have played some “Club” hockey somewhere just didn’t want to put in the work, time, and travel.

Nice work on the high finish! And I see that in every QM I’m in and when I “win” they play Zuccarello (when he was on NYR on Yahoo but played the game for DAL and didn’t get any points) or the wrong goalie or somebody out. There is no rhyme or reason for how some guys play. I have been beat by a few “normal” lineups however.

• lwilly

@PhoFever said...

How do we know it won’t be Smith in net?

Reports from morning skate have Rittich starting tonight. Apparently Smith tweaked something last night and will back up tonight.

• mr_papageorgio

I started thinking about who on the Devils could score a goal tonight and that led me to Rittich. Seems too easy…

• sizzlebeans

Pearson on the Petey/Flow line. Goldobin bumped down a line.

https://twitter.com/BatchHockey/status/1100826571978375168

Morning skate #Canucks lines in Denver:

Spooner-Horvat-Leivo
    Pearson-Pettersson-Boeser
    Roussel-Granlund-Goldobin
    Eriksson-Beagle-Motte
    Hutton-Stecher
    Sautner-Schenn
    Pouliot-Biega

• sizzlebeans

@mr_papageorgio said...

I started thinking about who on the Devils could score a goal tonight

In order, I’d rank them Coleman, Zajac, Hirchier, and maybe Yakolev. Some other could as well, but these are the only guys I think you could consider for multiple points.

EDIT: Severson could get a couple of apples – if they score at all.

• yisman

Jake Gardiner out tonight.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).