7:08 PM :  N.Y. Rangers ( 115 ) at  Montreal ( -135 ) —- T: 6½u-15
    7:38 PM :  Dallas ( 151 ) at  Boston ( -175 ) —- T: 5o-35
    7:38 PM :  Vancouver ( -165 ) at  Ottawa ( 144 ) —- T: 6½u-10
    7:38 PM :  Minnesota ( -225 ) at  Detroit ( 188 ) —- T: 5½o-19
    8:08 PM :  Calgary ( 113 ) at  Nashville ( -133 ) —- T: 6o-15
    8:08 PM :  Washington ( -147 ) at  Winnipeg ( 127 ) —- T: 6½o-20
    8:08 PM :  N.Y. Islanders ( 148 ) at  St. Louis ( -170 ) —- T: 5½u-20
    10:38 PM :  New Jersey ( 120 ) at  San Jose ( -140 ) —- T: 6u-15

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NHL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Felixxberg

Tonight is the $100 Freeze and I have a ticket, so I’m living one more day!

I bubbled by 0.60 yesterday, and by 1.05 (Showdown) Monday. Very frustrating week so far!

Congrats gordylamb by the way!

• PocketsSloppy

DK $1 – 30 Player – Top 5 Results

gordylamb – 135.8
    ivanage – 113.7
    gravity44 – 105.2
    TheDaz – 101.9*
    mattspot10 – 101.9*

• PocketsSloppy

DK $1 – 30 Player – Top 5 (2/27 – 7:00 PM)

Full – 30/30

• hautalak

Tried to get me a Freeze ticket to no avail! Good luck to those playing it.

• stellagirl

Anticipated shots against, tonight’s slate:

DAL 70.50
    VAN 68.20
    NSH 67.60
    NJD 67.50
    NYR 67.00
    NYI 66.60
    WSH 66.40
    OTT 66.10
    CHI 66.10
    TOR 65.70
    FLA 65.10
    SJS 64.60
    WPG 64.40
    CGY 63.50
    DET 63.10
    MON 62.70
    TBL 61.90
    MIN 59.70
    BOS 55.50
    STL 52.10

Looking at the numbers, Binnington might not see 27 shots tonight. (NYI taking ~27/GP, STL allowing a slate-low ~24/GP)

(Note for those who care: I have made a slight change to the way I compile my research. I usually use rolling 15 game home/road splits for compiled team stats, but have backed that off to 10 games. I hope this puts a little more weight on the more recent games, to help capture teams that are out of it and bringing up young talent, as well as teams bucking down with new talent for the playoff push)

• stellagirl

Couple of interesting things this AM that jump out at me:

Two days ago I suggested CGY (who was playing BOS) is for real on the road. Despite the very inflated BOS line I faded BOS, and had some CGY exposure. CGY proceeded to stomp BOS 5-2 in BOS.

Same thing tonight in play: NSH (5-5-0 last 10) are scoring 2.20 GF/GP while CGY (7-3-0) is allowing just 2.40 GA/GP, yet Vegas says: CGY 2.86/+110 || NSH 3.14/-130. Oh by the way, CGY is scoring a tied-for-slate-high 3.60 GF/GP on the road as well. The line looks exactly backwards to me.

Anyhow, I’m not really sure how much CGY I will have, but other than D I will not have much NSH.

• stellagirl

Stamkos out and Coleman GTD (personal) for TBL. Might open up some value if we get good line info early enough.

• Southie777

Kase should be in for the B’s tonight. But it looks like they’re now having Krejci center him and Ritchie, instead of him and DeBrusk. But now I kind of like BOS3, Coyle centering DeBrusk and Bjork. I know they’ve played like garbage the last couple of games, but I think they’re due to bust out any day now!

• yisman

I’m probably in the $100 DK contest tonight because I had won a February Freeze ticket from a satellite a while ago and apparently my only choices left are NHL or XFL.

It’s about to fill. Full 10% rake, sadly. I wonder if they’ll post a second one.

• Dallasg

Gonna throw one lu into the Freeze tonight

Goalie choice is a tough decision, no real clear Value options

• stellagirl

@Dallasg said...

Gonna throw one lu into the Freeze tonight

Goalie choice is a tough decision, no real clear Value options

Georgiev will see a lot of shots, is cheap, and I think gets the win to boot. Bishop is cheap and will see a lot of rubber. Rittich is cheap (little lower upside) but as I mentioned, CGY is a great road defensive team… even Demko…

• ifthethunder

@PocketsSloppy said...

DK $1 – 30 Player – Top 5 Results

gordylamb – 135.8
    ivanage – 113.7
    gravity44 – 105.2
    TheDaz – 101.9*
    mattspot10 – 101.9*

Congrats, gordylamb!

I’ve been overly focused on golf, which is just hockey without ice skates if you don’t think about it too much.
    ~

• Balibraun

Norris and Ryan on Ott1/pp1. Gross but cheap. Am I crazy?

• stellagirl

The deal with Coleman is that his wife is about to give birth. Apparently she traveled to Tampa and Stamkos’s wife has helped Mrs. Coleman get set up with a doctor.

Coleman was not at the morning skate and the baby is due any time. Even if he starts there is a chance he gets pulled if she pops.

• yisman

DK posted a second one and it was immediately joined by PetrGibbons, Cicima, and Awesomo

9% rake contest against exclusively NHL sharks. Disaster.

problem is its only 55 people

I should’ve stuck in the first one. That at least had over 500 entries.

DK undersizes the contests like crazy. 555 one fills 6 hours before lock, I ask them to post a second, and they do, but only 55 entries, which means it’ll fill well before lock as well. They could’ve made it 200+ entries.

• Balibraun

Luke Schenn. Playing wing?? Tb2

• stellagirl

He was on that line for morning rushes but also speculation he was simply filling in for Coleman who was with his wife this AM.

I’d be (very) surprised if that sticks… I’d love to see Goodrow – Cerelli – Killorn!

• Volkster6

I have two LUs in the freeze. Min cash makes entry free so both lineups are legit going for the top. Practically impossible of course with a max 16 and 555 entrants but the structure to me is preferred.

Won’t be able to make my goalie pool tonight as my kids have a recital this afternoon and hockey after school so good luck!

I will say that Howard and Schneider are both on the slate along with some very familiar chalky skaters.

• Southie777

@stellagirl said...

He was on that line for morning rushes but also speculation he was simply filling in for Coleman who was with his wife this AM.

I’d be (very) surprised if that sticks… I’d love to see Goodrow – Cerelli – Killorn!

Stella, I know you’re a Sharks fan, is Goodrow actually good? He never excited me with the Sharks, but I really never see him play. But that line certainly sounds intriguing, if it happens. Also, anyone know much about Josh Norris and Gerald Mayhew? Both in pretty good spots and could be great sources of salary relief, their stats from the AHL look good, but I’m curious if anyone knows much beyond that. Thanks!

• stellagirl

@Southie777 said...

Stella, I know you’re a Sharks fan, is Goodrow actually good? He never excited me with the Sharks, but I really never see him play.

No. He is ok. Maybe even “good” some nights, but not great. He was probably having what will amount to a career year this year for the Sharks so for Doug Wilson to get a 1st rounder for him….. bye-bye Barclay.

But Sharks fans will always have a place in their heart for him, having scored the game winning OT goal in the dramatic comeback series win against VGK. Plus, when he was on the SJ Barraduda he’d visit the Colorado Eagles AHL team here in Loveland, Co and he’d always interact with us Sharks fans, chat, toss us pucks, etc.

I guess I’d just like to see him at least have a CHANCE to make a splash.

• Southie777

Okay, cool, thanks for the honest assessment, haha!

• stellagirl

Goalie pool for me is (in no particular order):

Georgiev
    Rittich
    Bishop
    Samsonov
    Demko

• Stashu

@Volkster6 said...

Won’t be able to make my goalie pool tonight as my kids have a recital this afternoon and hockey after school so good luck!

I will say that Howard and Schneider are both on the slate along with some very familiar chalky skaters.

I was looking forward to using a lot of Blackwood tonight! Looks like it’s George for me, as of now anyway!

• stellagirl

@Stashu said...

I was looking forward to using a lot of Blackwood tonight! Looks like it’s George for me, as of now anyway!

I was too. Now that its Cory, my bold prediction is that the Sharks put up 4 goals! Cooch has been back long enough for him and Kane to be building some chemistry so will have some of that pair, and maybe also a bit of Meier and Burnzie.

• yisman

DK goalie pool

Stalock, Demko, Samsonov, Georgiev, Rittich

Maybe Bishop. He was my last cut. Honorable mention.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.