7:35 PM :  Columbus ( 0 ) at  Montreal ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    7:35 PM :  Carolina ( 120 ) at  Florida ( -140 ) —- T: 120
    8:05 PM :  Edmonton ( 110 ) at  St. Louis ( -130 ) —- T: 110
    8:05 PM :  Minnesota ( 0 ) at  Winnipeg ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    8:35 PM :  Pittsburgh ( -150 ) at  Dallas ( 130 ) —- T: -150
    9:05 PM :  Los Angeles ( -110 ) at  Calgary ( -110 ) —- T: -110
    10:05 PM :  Detroit ( 100 ) at  Vancouver ( -120 ) —- T: 100
    10:35 PM :  Toronto ( 130 ) at  San Jose ( -150 ) —- T: 130

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• Messiah717

Keep on eye on that trade tracker.

• Cpjttogether

wow that’s a lot of games. when is the trade dead line? who might be traded?

• jimmyquinella

• Blogger of the Month

I assume it will be everyone today, most likely the players I want to use. (I assume the NHL watches my twitter feed and instructs teams to trade guys I like)

• Roma315

RG Overall Ranking

Should be a interesting night. Good luck to all

• Codith

I love big slates

• kdub

If the Redwings dont trade AT LEAST Vanek, im going to be furious

• Messiah717

@Cpjttogether said...

wow that’s a lot of games. when is the trade dead line? who might be traded?

3pm today.

• Codith

Tomorrow is the deadline

• Scumpunch

RG Overall Ranking

Yes, tomorrow at 3pm. For today, just be careful with the teams at the bottom of the standings – COL, ARI, VAN, DET, etc

• Messiah717

Sorry yes it’s tomorrow March 1st at 3PM.

• savedatmoneyquan

Goalie is a bordello tongiht

• PhoFever

@Codith said...

I love big slates

I hate ‘em. Too many directions to go, and I always get tempted into too many entries.

I have a feeling about CGY 1 line tonight. Gaudreau scores in bunches and he finally got going last game; Kings are coming in after a hard fought game last night in MIN. Anyone else feeling it?

• kdub

@Seahawkto said...

I hate ‘em. Too many directions to go, and I always get tempted into too many entries.

I have a feeling about CGY 1 line tonight. Gaudreau scores in bunches and he finally got going last game; Kings are coming in after a hard fought game last night in MIN. Anyone else feeling it?

i feel like there’s a bunch of better spots to target

• clrockny24

still getting into nhl.

A. What are the most important fantasy stats to consider for skaters and goalies?
    2. How often do we see shutouts happen?

• PhoFever

@kdub said...

i feel like there’s a bunch of better spots to target

Thanks for the honesty. Do we still target Nashville? Terrible defensive numbers for Buffalo, but regression is coming with Forsberg and the rest of the gang.

• cplatt87

Figuring out who to pay up for in cash tonight is going to be brutal – A lot of studs in great matchups

• kdub

@Seahawkto said...

Thanks for the honesty. Do we still target Nashville? Terrible defensive numbers for Buffalo, but regression is coming with Forsberg and the rest of the gang.

With Ullmark starting its almost impossible to not have a piece of NSH

I’m curious to see what the ownership % will be on PIT, BOS and NSH

• PhoFever

@cplatt87 said...

Figuring out who to pay up for in cash tonight is going to be brutal – A lot of studs in great matchups

I’ve really been struggling in cash games lately (especially in the huge slates), and breaking even or better in tournaments. Wondering why the heck this is happening. My cash strategy is usually to spread the risk across many games, targeting high-floor players. I’ve been noticing, however, that people who are winning are cashing in with the ol’ stack strategy, sometimes stacking as much as 5 players from the same team in a cash lineup. It’s got me scratching my head about my approach.

• babaloos

Forgot my phone at home today after reserving all my contests (Can’t get on DK at work) hopefully my placeholder lineup will cash…. LOL

• crads

Huge slate, trade dead line and mumps everywhere.
    This should be interesting tonight.

• Staa0602

@babaloos said...

got my phone at home today after reserving all my contests (Can’t get on DK at work) hopefully my placeholder lineup will cash

oopsy poopsy! Good luck!

• dyavid

@Seahawkto said...

Do we still target Nashville?

Yeah i think so. Hottest line in the league in a great matchup. Ownership should be fairly spread out so i wouldnt worry about it being chalky. i’m finding goalie is really tough tonight

• JimKronlund

@Codith said...

I love big slates

I hate big slates. I never can make anything much more than min cash. I love 2-4 game slates and have been crushing them.
    In the last 2 weeks alone I have had 2-1st, 2-2nds, and some 3rd thru 10th as low scores. Caveat, these are really small GPP’s and first is only $100-$150, but that is much higher than what I win on big slates

• maxeernst

@dyavid said...

Yeah i think so. Hottest line in the league in a great matchup. Ownership should be fairly spread out so i wouldnt worry about it being chalky. i’m finding goalie is really tough tonight

Ownership is going to be really interesting tonight.

There are a bevy of good spots, but some that are just far and away the best. I can see a scenario where NSH is somewhat high owned, but imagine pricing will temper that.

• JimKronlund

@clrockny24 said...

still getting into nhl.

A. What are the most important fantasy stats to consider for skaters and goalies?
    2. How often do we see shutouts happen?

What are the most important fantasy stats to consider for skaters: Lines that are trending up and a good pp% and having the team as a whole score a lot of goals.
    What are the most important fantasy stats to consider for goalies? GAA Goal against average, team as a whole with low GAA.
    How often do we see shutouts happen? From the entire league maybe once every 2-5 games. Not enough to try to predict them.
    Those are the simplest suggestions to start with. Teams with many injuries stay away from. Home and away averages. There are just so many ways to dissect that it makes it hard to give certain suggestions when you know you are leaving out a ton more. Start with basics and low $ entry and keep asking more specific questions as they pop up. Large generic questions like this are hard to impossible to answer and do justice to your original questions.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).