• Blogger of the Month

7:05 PM :  Toronto ( -105 ) at  N.Y. Islanders ( -105 ) —- T: 6u-10
    7:05 PM :  Philadelphia ( 168 ) at  Columbus ( -187 ) —- T: 6½u-08
    7:35 PM :  Edmonton ( -135 ) at  Ottawa ( 122 ) —- T: 6u-05
    7:35 PM :  Tampa Bay ( 102 ) at  Boston ( -113 ) —- T: 5½o-25
    9:05 PM :  Vancouver ( 120 ) at  Arizona ( -132 ) —- T: 5½u-05
    10:05 PM :  Florida ( 188 ) at  Vegas ( -210 ) —- T: 6½u-23
    10:35 PM :  Dallas ( -117 ) at  Los Angeles ( 106 ) —- T: 5½u-36

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

Congrats again to Canuckage and Shashi for their big nights last night!

I won a $300 FHWC ticket, but when I woke up this morning that contest was full. I expect DK will make it right and refund in DK dollars. Sad I won’t get a second shot tonight, though (though I have one entry already that I reserved two days ago).

CBJ and VGK will be heavy chalk tonight, but hard to decide which VGK line to pick. I also really want to play Ottawa against EDM, but don’t like any player apart from maybe Chabot, so think I’ll just fade.

• PocketsSloppy

Yesterday’s $1 – 20 Player – Top 5 (Contest 1) results:

the_sashi – 51.3
    bengalhockey – 45.3
    akdarstudios – 44.3
    terlina – 43
    Mr_Papageorgio – 42.8

• PocketsSloppy

DK $1 – 20 Player – Top 5

https://www.draftkings.com/draft/contest/69722522

• PhoFever

@Zieg30 said...

Congrats again to Canuckage and Shashi for their big nights last night!

I won a $300 FHWC ticket, but when I woke up this morning that contest was full. I expect DK will make it right and refund in DK dollars. Sad I won’t get a second shot tonight, though (though I have one entry already that I reserved two days ago).

CBJ and VGK will be heavy chalk tonight, but hard to decide which VGK line to pick. I also really want to play Ottawa against EDM, but don’t like any player apart from maybe Chabot, so think I’ll just fade.

I gotta think McDavid is a good cash play.

Also, before anyone starts talking about NYI narratives, let’s remember that the Isles already got their revenge against Tavares by winning up there, so this can’t really be a revenge game. In fact, now it is TOR’s turn for……

…..a counter-revenge?

• sizzlebeans

It’s Tavares ultimate chalk night. I also like March and Reilly for the former employer narrative. JT is getting a HT tonight. That’s just a lock.

• PhoFever

I’m going to continue with the fruitless endeavor of trying to offer and fill FanDuel contests for us forumites:

RG Forum FanDuel Five Man $1: https://www.fanduel.com/entry/33139-225667714?invitedby=phofever&cnl=nulla&utm_campaign=User%20Referral&utm_medium=Web&utm_source=User%203-20&utm_content=Link

• PocketsSloppy

@PhoFever said...

I’m going to continue with the fruitless endeavor of trying to offer and fill FanDuel contests for us forumites:

RG Forum FanDuel Five Man $1: https://www.fanduel.com/entry/33139-225667714?invitedby=phofever&cnl=nulla&utm_campaign=User%20Referral&utm_medium=Web&utm_source=User%203-20&utm_content=Link

…and I’ll fruitlessly try to win the contest.

• PhoFever

@sizzlebeans said...

It’s Tavares ultimate chalk night. I also like March and Reilly for the former employer narrative. JT is getting a HT tonight. That’s just a lock.

OddsShark says an easy Islander W

• gairz

Congrats Canuckage and Shashi and Zieg on his $300 ticket. just one question. how can you tell how others are doing? is there a link to all the contests somewhere? I’d like to keep track of y’all too! it was alot of fun watching Felix sweat a couple weeks ago but I think that link was posted.. (maybe by Yisman?)

anywhooo.. I won another $15 ticket last night for Friday.

onto today.. should be a hoot!

JT line gonna be highly owned.
    I’m going with Matthews. ;)

• rgreuli

@PhoFever said...

I just entered. Need one more to have that contest full.

• PhoFever

@rgreuli said...

Thanks to both you and sloppy! I gotta think that Shashi or Ivanage will take the last spot, push comes to shove.

• gairz

Pho if you need somebody to fill it i can.
    Just let me know by 6:30 so I can shove some kind of lineup in there.

I get in DK’s everyday and always forget about FD because i normally don’t play there.

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

Yeah sizzle I like those VGK guys tonight. Still to this day I can’t believe how stupid they were letting him go!!!

I want to avoid TOR but not sure it’s the best idea… Might hop on CBJ again too and see where they’re at.

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

@rgreuli said...

I entered as well! Though I think I was #2.

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

@sizzlebeans said...

I’m just not sure. The Islanders have had a lot of great shut down games this season and are a much improved defensive team. TOR is also on the road on a B2B.

Right now I have zero Toronto exposure.

• PhoFever

@Zieg30 said...

I’m just not sure. The Islanders have had a lot of great shut down games this season and are a much improved defensive team. TOR is also on the road on a B2B.

It’s full already! And it’s quite the all-star team in there….I will be happy not to finish last. Thanks for joining!

I’m also pretty low on TOR exposure, but I can’t not play Matthews in at least 1 lineup. Nylander’s price is also close to a must-play if you’re just looking for a one off from that game.

• sizzlebeans

@Zieg30 said...

I half joking about the HT, but I do think JT will be a popular play tonight. Kind of feel like the venomous response he’ll get there will be somewhat motivating. NYI have been pretty bad lately, and TOR is scoring. Might have to score a couple extra with Sparks in net.

EDIT: I just found out there WILL be a video tribute for JT during the first commercial break. I’m sure there will be a hail of boos during the entire thing.

• Southie777

Think this slate is right in that sweet spot with a perfect number of games and ways to attack it. Sold our tickets to the SJ game on Tuesday, been looking forward to this game for a while, so I’m fired up! B’s have no way of catching the Lightning, but I think this is a great measuring stick game to see where they’re at. Firing a few more bullets than usual, just trying to not be swayed by my Bruins bias!

• sizzlebeans

@Southie777 said...

B’s have no way of catching the Lightning

This could be a very close game. TB has been allowing plenty of goals lately, and the B’s are getting healthier and are bolstered with MoJo on that second line now. Seems like a 3-2 type game. Definitely a good measuring stick, and likely to be the East Final.

Side note, if the Sharks get to the Final, the B’s are the last team i want to see there. The refs love you guys LOL

• Southie777

@sizzlebeans said...

This could be a very close game. TB has been allowing plenty of goals lately, and the B’s are getting healthier and are bolstered with MoJo on that second line now. Seems like a 3-2 type game. Definitely a good measuring stick, and likely to be the East Final.

Side note, if the Sharks get to the Final, the B’s are the last team i want to see there. The refs love you guys LOL

Haha, don’t blame you for feeling that way, you guys got jobbed in that game last week (or two weeks ago?) on the Wagner tying goal. Though I think the B’s should have had another goal in the first period, don’t know how they didn’t call it a goal when that one angle showed white between the goal line and the puck. Whatever, water under the bridge, a few bad calls both ways, great game. Yeah, B’s can’t catch the Lightning in the standings, but I love that a lot of people seem to be giving the Lightning a berth in the Cup Finals already. They’re a dominant team and certainly have the better talent on paper, but the hockey playoffs are a different beast. You never know!

• sizzlebeans

The net off the moorings not being blown dead until we got the breakaway in the first game…Chara’s shoulder to the head on Kane last game…some puzzling work by the officials in this series so far.

• FRISCO

What’s the deal with these crowns. Is there any drawback to interring a tournament with crowns instead of cash?

• sizzlebeans

@FRISCO said...

What’s the deal with these crowns. Is there any drawback to interring a tournament with crowns instead of cash?

Depends on whether you want to save them for a bigger ticket or not.

• FRISCO

@sizzlebeans said...

Depends on whether you want to save them for a bigger ticket or not.

Yea, fair. Do they ever have the $40 or high tournaments available for crowns? They do not tonight for instance, but I probably have $100+ of crowns so I would not mind doing that.

• canuck1995

@FRISCO said...

They’re basically DKs frequent flyer miles, the more money you put in, the more crowns you get.

But like sizzle said, unless you want to save them for a larger comp, no difference in using them to enter any competition. You can dirk win (and lose) all the same.

Edit: explained it not knowing if you were an avid DK player but I see you have lots of crowns already so you get the picture lol

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).