• Blogger of the Month

7:05 PM :  Toronto ( -105 ) at  N.Y. Islanders ( -105 ) —- T: 6u-10
    7:05 PM :  Philadelphia ( 168 ) at  Columbus ( -187 ) —- T: 6½u-08
    7:35 PM :  Edmonton ( -135 ) at  Ottawa ( 122 ) —- T: 6u-05
    7:35 PM :  Tampa Bay ( 102 ) at  Boston ( -113 ) —- T: 5½o-25
    9:05 PM :  Vancouver ( 120 ) at  Arizona ( -132 ) —- T: 5½u-05
    10:05 PM :  Florida ( 188 ) at  Vegas ( -210 ) —- T: 6½u-23
    10:35 PM :  Dallas ( -117 ) at  Los Angeles ( 106 ) —- T: 5½u-36

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• sizzlebeans

@FRISCO said...

Yea, fair. Do they ever have the $40 or high tournaments available for crowns? They do not tonight for instance, but I probably have $100+ of crowns so I would not mind doing that.

Not sure. The choice between using crowns or cash to enter tourneys is new. It used to be we could go into the purchase contest tickets screen and buy them. I am not seeing a $40 ticket though. You might have to contact DK support and ask them to expire some tickets into DK cash for you.

• FRISCO

Yea, I played a lot in the past, but have not been playing much this year. Kind of just getting back into it and tonight was the first night I was prompted to use a crown, might use one for the $15 FHWC. Thanks for the feedback.

• Southie777

@sizzlebeans said...

The net off the moorings not being blown dead until we got the breakaway in the first game…Chara’s shoulder to the head on Kane last game…some puzzling work by the officials in this series so far.

Haha, forgot about the net off the moorings, I totally don’t blame you for being pissed, but it was actually kind of brilliant on Rask’s part. Officials should have fixed it, but they probably thought Tuukka would. But once he hadn’t, he has every right to point it out and it has to be blown dead. I think the goalie usually does it themselves, but it’s not on them to HAVE to do it, as far as I understand. The Chara/Kane thing, we’d probably never see eye-to-eye on. I don’t think there was any intent there, but he did get him in the face somewhat. I blame that on him just being so tall and Kane kind of putting himself in that situation by lunging. But intent or not, the result was that contact was made. For what it’s worth, Chara was called for elbowing. The ref hadn’t made a signal, which made Kane take matters into his own hands and jump Chara from behind. So, I don’t know if he just hadn’t put his arm up yet and was going to call it or if they just realized they missed it and then tacked it on with all the other penalties, but Chara was called for elbowing, when all was said and done. Just to point out, the B’s do NOT generally get favorable calls. Marchand has gotten a lot of reputation calls over the years (not that he hasn’t deserved it, of course), they lost in OT in Game 7 in a playoff series, about 10 years ago, on a goal scored by a guy who NEVER should’ve been on the ice for the game, etc. Just saying, they’re no darlings of the officials, don’t know what the Sharks did to the officials, though! (Sorry to hijack the board with this Sharks/B’s talk, I’ll pipe down, too much coffee!)

• sizzlebeans

Haha…all good Southie. I don’t get carried away with the officals stuff. Stuff happens and you have to find a way to win. Just makes for good talking points. The Sharks announcers, mainly Hahn was pissed about the Chara no call. I don’t remember him getting anything more than the 5 for fighting penalty, which Kane also got, before taking the game misconduct boot.

• Southie777

Yes, actually went back through my Score app and checked before I posted that, just to make sure I wasn’t mistaken. I remember the Bruins announcers saying it, at the time, but just didn’t want to be spreading fake news!

• maibockaddict

The way to go tonight with JT may be to do a PP stack with AM and one or two others off that first unit. Never completely fade talent

• PhoFever

@Southie777 said...

I blame that on him just being so tall and Kane kind of putting himself in that situation by lunging. But intent or not, the result was that contact was made.

That’s what I though when I watched the incident – that Chara being so tall probably was the main reason for Kane getting hit high.

Kane had some major cojones to go after him, though. You go after Chara, you know that one way or another, you’re going to end up ducking away from giant, lashing octopus tentacles that will find their way to your face no matter what you do.

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

Well, my case was settled, so I have some free time. I really lack sleep time though. Trials are draining.

Congrats to shashi and Canuckage!

Not sure what I like tonight.

• sizzlebeans

@Felixxberg said...

Well, my case was settled, so I have some free time. I really lack sleep time though. Trials are draining.

Congrats to shashi and Canuckage!

Not sure what I like tonight.

I would say it’s time to drop that sneaky AZ line, but they ran 10 different line combos last game and DFO has completely new lines for tonight. I ran NST numbers on each line and seem to like the Keller/Dvorak/Galechenyuk line the best, but Vinnie/Richardson/Panik have good numbers, too…and the Stepan line has been the one scoring lately. AZ is going to cause me problems all day, haha

• kdjac0434

I like the Stepan ARI line tonight too. Super cheap. You don’t need to pay way down on D if you go that way. . . . . . speaking of that . . .any good cheap D men tonight?

• mr_papageorgio

Boy do I have a weird looking lineup tonight…though I said that last night and then my Walmart special late night hammer of Leivo/Terry/Guhle came through huge lol

JT/Marner, a CBJ duo, an OTT duo (this is the weird part), and a non JT revenge one off for me tonight!

• Felixxberg

@sizzlebeans said...

I would say it’s time to drop that sneaky AZ line, but they ran 10 different line combos last game and DFO has completely new lines for tonight. I ran NST numbers on each line and seem to like the Keller/Dvorak/Galechenyuk line the best, but Vinnie/Richardson/Panik have good numbers, too…and the Stepan line has been the one scoring lately. AZ is going to cause me problems all day, haha

Ottawa could be kind of sneaky too, but I also prefer Arizona. I’ll run twitter soon to find out what I like!

• sizzlebeans

@Felixxberg said...

Ottawa could be kind of sneaky too, but I also prefer Arizona. I’ll run twitter soon to find out what I like!

Got a Sens build going, too.

• keephustlincuz

@rachelkyle said...

.any good cheap D men tonight?

Jaros?

• Felixxberg

By the way, some people haven’t claimed their freeroll prizes yet: land_of_the_lock ($10), bwats500 ($5), wisebri224 ($5), tristanwolf ($5), Glomlien ($5) and bolts1282 ($5 + $1 ticket). Also, I still owe a ticket to TJF74 ($1) and Tratow ($8). You both reached out to me but haven’t used your ticket yet!

I’ll take the remaining amount and give it to someone in one week if no one claims them!

• Southie777

@PhoFever said...

That’s what I though when I watched the incident – that Chara being so tall probably was the main reason for Kane getting hit high.

Kane had some major cojones to go after him, though. You go after Chara, you know that one way or another, you’re going to end up ducking away from giant, lashing octopus tentacles that will find their way to your face no matter what you do.

Yeah, I think Chara just doesn’t look tough and barely ever fights anymore, so other big tough guys want to take a run. It is pretty much ALWAYS a mistake, he’s sneaky tough as anyone in the league and you do NOT want to piss that man off.

• Southie777

@sizzlebeans said...

Got a Sens build going, too.

Definitely like some sneaky Sens tonight, too. Might do a little Tkachuk/Chabot PP mini-stack.

• blake024

@sizzlebeans said...

AZ is such a hard team to play because the TOI in all 4 of their lines is so equally distributed. The Archibald, Crouse, Richardson 4th line have all been getting areound 17 mins each lately. I usually will play OEL or sometimes two of their defenders in the same line, as their d-men seem to be involved in a lot of their scoring plays and they are always cheap. With OEL, Goligoski, Chychurn, they have a lot of talent there.

• canuck1995

@blake024 said...

The Archibald, Crouse, Richardson 4th line

Arch/Crouse have been playing with Stepan lately but yeah, time is distributed there. I think I’m going with the Gal/Dvorak/Keller for arizona and the OEL for D

• sizzlebeans

@blake024 said...

Archibald, Crouse, Richardson 4th line

Archibald and Crouse have been on a line with Stepan for the past few games. That’s their shut down line, but has also been producing points. And, they’re the only line that has remained consistent over the past week or so. All the other lines get the name out of a hat treatment. AZ is best played in small pieces. I’ll one off with Stepan in a line-up, or use two wingers and/or a D-man in another. They’re not a great team to full line stack with though.

• Felixxberg

Top 5 value players (no G, no player under $3K): Bergeron, Brown, Carter, Chiasson, Kopitar.
    Bottom 5 (same conditions): Stillman (who the hell is that?), Sekera, Dvorak, Heinen, Lindblom.

It’s a little biased, especially for the bottom 5, because it doesn’t consider the line changes. I just divided the salary by the FPPG.

• blake024

@Felixxberg said...

Top 5 value players (no G, no player under $3K): Bergeron, Brown, Carter, Chiasson, Kopitar.
    Bottom 5 (same conditions): Stillman (who the hell is that?), Sekera, Dvorak, Heinen, Lindblom.

It’s a little biased, especially for the bottom 5, because it doesn’t consider the line changes. I just divided the salary by the FPPG.

So much value on today’s slate, VGK1 at only $15,700 on DK is a steal, and even TOR1 at $18,000 seems a bit underpriced.

• mfetzner

Hoffman on the top line with Barkov and Huberdeau according to this mornings skate. Haven’t heard much talk of this but what about a FLA1/VGK2 game stack?

• keephustlincuz

@mfetzner said...

Hoffman on the top line with Barkov and Huberdeau according to this mornings skate. Haven’t heard much talk of this but what about a FLA1/VGK2 game stack?

That is an interesting change by flo. Hoffman has been on fire. I like your call on the game stack. I wish the flower was in net.

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

Leddy or Stecher on DK in the $300 qually? Leddy is getting more PP time, but doing squat with it. Stecher is getting tons of ES minutes, but also not doing much.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).