• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:05 PM :  Columbus ( 120 ) at  Pittsburgh ( -140 ) —- T: 120
    7:35 PM :  Edmonton ( 0 ) at  Carolina ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    7:35 PM :  Calgary ( -105 ) at  New Jersey ( -115 ) —- T: -105
    7:35 PM :  N.Y. Islanders ( 100 ) at  Detroit ( -120 ) —- T: 100
    7:35 PM :  Anaheim ( -120 ) at  Florida ( 100 ) —- T: -120

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

Have no clue what to make of the Calgary-NJ game today. Also don’t know if it’s worth going back to the well for Aho.

Will be interesting having no late games tonight. I prefer having them for sweat purposes, but this situation could create some fun drama to the end the night as empty net goals or other late scores change things dramatically.

• Poochy16

Kind of odd slate tonight…I think Carolina should be in play, Edmonton coming off a back to back. I also like the Islanders in this spot, Wings are a joke this year.

• PhoFever

I like the Devils tonight. Plus, I get burned every time I try to stack against them at home

I’m more confounded by ANA-FLA. Can’t totally trust going in heavy on the Ducks. Thinking about rolling out Trocheck in cash games. Also considering a CAR1 + NJ1 stack for tournament.

• sizzlebeans

Currently looking at the wingers on the NJ PP1, Trochek, Crosby, Hornqvist, and possibly Schneider in net. Schneider burned me bad last time I rolled him out though.

• dyavid

Barkov and Hubs are both back tonight. makes things alittle more interesting

• sizzlebeans

@dyavid said...

Barkov and Hubs are both back tonight. makes things alittle more interesting

yes it does. i hadn’t seen that yet.

• sizzlebeans

Mrazek in net, fire up the Isles, haha

• kdub

Well I just got laid off so its as good a time as any to re-analyze my process. I’m looking for any insight I can grab. Last year was a nice profitable year but this one has been a train wreck. What kinds of analytics/stats do you profitable grinders focus on? I need to restart from square 1

• sizzlebeans

sorry to hear that kdub. hopefully that doesn’t last long. i wouldn’t consider myself profitable, i just maintain enough to keep playing. I’ll be curious what the answers are tot hat myself.

• PhoFever

kdub- I’m kind of a newbie at DFS hockey, been playing regularly for the last two months or so. I’ve been moderately successful, and I’ve already collected more wins in hockey than I had in football, baseball and NBA combined. Not necessarily turning a huge profit but enough to keep playing and the occasional small windfall of 20 bucks or so.

The big epiphany for me was to focus on cash games, and look at basic stats like shot volume for selecting skaters. Also, looking at the Vegas lines for goalies and team defense/offense stats has been helpful. Not rocket science or advanced sabermetrics, my any means. But better than guessing blindly.

I also should add that I play only on Yahoo. Maybe the competition there is easier?

• KindGuy

@kdub said...

Well I just got laid off so its as good a time as any to re-analyze my process. I’m looking for any insight I can grab. Last year was a nice profitable year but this one has been a train wreck. What kinds of analytics/stats do you profitable grinders focus on? I need to restart from square 1

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully you can get back on your feet soon.

• Scumpunch

@kdub said...

What kinds of analytics/stats do you profitable grinders focus on? I need to restart from square 1

I would say my most used stats are: Corsi for and against, expected goals for and against (Corsica model), and average shot distance for and against.

Things I give very little, if any, weight to: raw goals/assists, power play and penalty kill percentages, hot/cold streaks which are not supported by the underlying numbers, player vs. team or team vs. team history.

• babaloos

Ward left the morning practice early and is now a game time decision, Lack could see the start. He hasn’t started since Nov 10th.

• reddraider1

I don’t like the Columbus/Pitt game, for some reason that’s beyond me. Both high scoring teams, but just don’t feel it. I think I am going heavy on Calgary and Carolina.

• yountingly

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #27

RG Tiered Ranking

Haven’t played much NHL recently but i am stacking my Isles tonight. All in. Some with Crosby and some with McDavid. FD Gpps. Made the lus sort of stars and scrubbish. See what happens.

Sorry about your news there kdub. GL to you.

• TheRyanFlaherty

Freaking Greiss….killing my lineups…couldn’t go more than a couple minutes without giving the lead back…ugh!

• FRISCO

Yea greiss is tanking a lot of great lineups for me too, gotta hope the isles pull out a win in the third.

• Joff

Does anyone have a link to the big $4 DK tourny. It wasn’t listed under the links page. Believe its a 40k gtd. Thanks

• Canuckage

Come on JT-Bailey-Lee

• garbage9922

• 2016 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

Can the Red Wings decline a power play?

• Canuckage

@garbage9922 said...

lol their 11% might as well be 0%

• Messiah717

Leave it to the Islanders to give up five to Detroit.

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

@garbage9922 said...

I wondered that with the Rangers for years. They’d have tons of momentum in certain games and as soon as they got a PP and spent 2 minutes watching the puck get throw down the ice by the opposing team all that momentum would be sapped. It was sad to watch.

• Canuckage

Welcome to Canucks powerplay.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).