7:05 PM :  St. Louis ( -110 ) at  Florida ( -110 ) —- T: 6u-15
    7:05 PM :  Carolina ( 135 ) at  Pittsburgh ( -165 ) —- T: 6½o-20
    7:35 PM :  Anaheim ( 140 ) at  Montreal ( -170 ) —- T: 5½u-10
    7:35 PM :  Vegas ( 150 ) at  Tampa Bay ( -170 ) —- T: 6½o-15
    8:05 PM :  Arizona ( 220 ) at  Nashville ( -275 ) —- T: 5½u-10
    8:05 PM :  San Jose ( 113 ) at  Winnipeg ( -125 ) —- T: 6½o-09
    9:05 PM :  Columbus ( 100 ) at  Colorado ( -120 ) —- T: 6½o-15
    9:05 PM :  Chicago ( 0 ) at  Edmonton ( 0 ) —- T: 0

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• PhoFever

Yahoo forum contest $1 6-Team 50/50: https://sports.yahoo.com/dailyfantasy/contest/4229815

• PhoFever

OddsShark report card from last night:

Website predicted outcome of all four games correctly, including the Kings game ( DFO Corsica bets also gave LAK the edge). They called the under for each game, however, so they obviously whiffed on NYR, TOR and DAL games.

Today they are up to their usual tricks of taking the under almost across the board. As usual, they like road teams and are calling victories for LAK, NYI, STL, VAN, CHI, and CBJ. I really want to believe them about CBJ and will have a homer stack in there. Not so keen on WSH and BOS losing, and EDM seems to be on an upswing goal-wise.

• PocketsSloppy

$1 – 20 player – top 5

https://www.draftkings.com/draft/contest/68929622

• gairz

@PhoFever said...

EDM seems to be on an upswing goal-wise.

A big Happy Birthday to Ty Rattie!

• panters

PhoFever: congrats on the first place finish in Yahoo forum contest last night.
    Won’t be playing tonight as I prefer the smaller slates unless it gets late and only a spot or two left.

I used Oddsharks in my non-DFS fantasy league pickem’ contest last season and won it.
    Sometimes they are way out there in NFL but I’ve only looked at the site for NHL once. They are computer picks but overall pretty accurate. Good luck today.

• PhoFever

@panters said...

PhoFever: congrats on the first place finish in Yahoo forum contest last night.
    Won’t be playing tonight as I prefer the smaller slates unless it gets late and only a spot or two left.

I used Oddsharks in my non-DFS fantasy league pickem’ contest last season and won it.
    Sometimes they are way out there in NFL but I’ve only looked at the site for NHL once. They are computer picks but overall pretty accurate. Good luck today.

Thanks panters. As usual I didn’t enter my forum lineup anywhere else, do it was dismal night overall.

Interesting note there about OddsSharks. I find it to be one of many useful tools that I mix and match when building lineups.

• yisman

really strange not to have a main slate. 12 games!

• yisman

I think COL1 has let me down more than any line this season. The team is a miserable 10-14 at home.

Point is a GTD for TB tonight. If he’s out, I know what to do.

• Felixxberg

No idea what the line matching will say but when I scroll through players listing them by FPPG, I realize that FLA1 is way too cheap!

• sizzlebeans

@Felixxberg said...

No idea what the line matching will say but when I scroll through players listing them by FPPG, I realize that FLA1 is way too cheap!

Love me some FLA1 tonight.

Also might be one of the few who likes that BUF broke up their lines and am targeting the 2nd line.

Your home town team is my favorite of the night, and their 3rd line opens up so much value with all three on the same PP unit now since TT is out.

• hautalak

@sizzlebeans said...

Also might be one of the few who likes that BUF broke up their lines and am targeting the 2nd line.

Your home town team is my favorite of the night, and their 3rd line opens up so much value with all three on the same PP unit now since TT is out.

Against the “better ones than me” I’m rolling STL on their heaters with Binn in net. I know FLA is dangerous but goalie prices tonight are…

• sizzlebeans

@hautalak said...

Against the “better ones than me” I’m rolling STL on their heaters with Binn in net. I know FLA is dangerous but goalie prices tonight are…

I don’t mind the ROR line at all either. Should be a good game.

• hautalak

@sizzlebeans said...

I don’t mind the ROR line at all either. Should be a good game.

This slate is a lot to take in. Trying to keep it condensed. So far it’s STL with a weird mix of Avs. Otherwise I’m struggling a bit. Might go back to some Kings for the first time in a while.

• TnCowboy

Hot Chi duo with some Wash/Pitt. Guess I need to look more into StL and FLA.

• Zieg30

@sizzlebeans said...

I’m liking MON1 tonight. Going MON3 may be digging a bit too deep on this slate (but anything can happen)!

• PhoFever

@sizzlebeans said...

FLA is a team who I always throw a stack in for, if there are enough contests. Unfortunately, that’s not the case on Yahoo tonight, so I’m sticking with STL side of the game.

MTL almost seams too good to be true. How many nights in a row can ANH get blown out before pride catches up?

• Felixxberg

@sizzlebeans said...

I’m going with Price and Mete (every game until he scores), but I don’t like playing MTL except on small slates, because scoring comes from all lines!

• footballbutts

I can’t tell if I hate every single L2 tonight or like the L1s a bit too much. They all seem underpriced.

• sizzlebeans

@Zieg30 said...

I’m liking MON1 tonight. Going MON3 may be digging a bit too deep on this slate (but anything can happen)!

Look where the scoring against the Ducks has been coming from this road trip. It isn’t the top lines.

• sizzlebeans

@PhoFever said...

MTL almost seams too good to be true. How many nights in a row can ANH get blown out before pride catches up?

Until they get their coach fired. That team is a disaster. A mix of old and useless guys (Perry/Kesler) and young guys trying to figure out how to play on such a disastrous team. They give up so many shots every night for the last 2+ years…that’s not going to suddenly change tonight. They have quit on RC.

• yisman

Toronto tying up a significant portion of their cap in Matthews, Nylander, and Tavares. I wonder if any other team is spending as much on three forwards.

They did a five year extension because of the previous contracts given out. They didn’t want to do a ‘max’ contract like the Oilers did with McDavid. Now Matthews will hit free agency at age 26.

https://www.tsn.ca/leafs-matthews-reach-five-year-extension-1.1252615

NHL

TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS
    1h ago

Leafs, Matthews reach five-year, $58.17 million extension
    Kristen Shilton, Toronto Maple Leafs Reporter

TORONTO — The Maple Leafs wrapped up an important piece of the team’s future on Tuesday announcing a five-year, $58.17 million contract extension through 2023-24 for pending restricted free agent Auston Matthews.

According to TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun, more than 90 per cent of the contract will be paid in signing bonuses.

• Felixxberg

I’m doing something that I almost never do: one line and one offs. I really like my lineup!

The best player in the game, the league’s scoring leader and a true punt playing on a first line are my one offs. My hometown goalie in net, Mete at D, and my other D would be an absolute 100% lock if he wasn’t coming back from a long term injury: Klefbom. I’m taking the risk and rolling him! FLA1 fits perfectly with all of those guys and even though one could guess my entire lineup by reading the current post, I highly doubt it will be duped in the $888 contest.

The one off strategy worked fine a few days ago with Kane and Kuznetsov going off!

I normally wouldn’t recommend FLA1 on such a stacked slate but the price is just too good to pass! The fact that they’re playing home is a huge plus since their splits are absurd. Barkov 12 goals, 30 points and +6 in 23 home games but 6 goals, 19 points and -24 in 27 road games. Huberdeau 11 goals, 30 points and +1 in 23 home games but 2 goals, 20 points and -24 in 27 road games. Dadonov is more balanced but he has favorable home splits too. Binnington is the only thing scaring me since he’s a great goalie.

• hautalak

@sizzlebeans said...

They have quit on RC.

Who hasn’t that he’s coached? I still loved his antics (whatever you want to call them) for the Winter Classic lead up series back when they played Detroit at the Big House haha He didn’t care about anything and all he did was cuss lol

• yisman

@sizzlebeans said...

Until they get their coach fired. That team is a disaster. A mix of old and useless guys (Perry/Kesler) and young guys trying to figure out how to play on such a disastrous team. They give up so many shots every night for the last 2+ years…that’s not going to suddenly change tonight. They have quit on RC.

https://twitter.com/HeartofNHL/status/1092063589417058304

https://twitter.com/helenenothelen/status/1092610138513403906

• NIN1002

Congrats on 1st last night, Pho. I finished in 3rd, but had a winning night overall, so you two that finished in front of me did very very well. Was a nice comeback you had to finish the night strong. I am taking the night off as I don’t really care for huge slates and there is no main slate once again at Yahoo (this happens like every third day now it seems……………).

I never understood why they never dedicated one day to doing a BIG hockey tournament when they had all those freerolls in December. I mean…would it have killed Yahoo to give hockey one day in the sun? Even golf gets it’s “no management fee” tourney now! Would have been fun to have an overlay tournament for hockey that would bring out a bunch of people who only play DK/FD over to Yahoo and see how big it could get.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.