7:35 PM :  Winnipeg ( -120 ) at  Montreal ( 100 ) —- T: 6o-20
    7:35 PM :  St. Louis ( 144 ) at  Tampa Bay ( -160 ) —- T: 6½u-30
    7:35 PM :  Vegas ( -150 ) at  Detroit ( 130 ) —- T: 6u-20
    8:05 PM :  Dallas ( 150 ) at  Nashville ( -170 ) —- T: 5½u-35
    8:05 PM :  Edmonton ( 165 ) at  Minnesota ( -195 ) —- T: 6u-25
    8:35 PM :  Vancouver ( 120 ) at  Chicago ( -140 ) —- T: 6½u-15
    9:05 PM :  Columbus ( 131 ) at  Arizona ( -145 ) —- T: 6½u-11
    9:05 PM :  San Jose ( 110 ) at  Calgary ( -130 ) —- T: 6½o-30

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

Liking the $50k $8 GPP on DK for a big Thursday slate. Hating the top-heavy payout to first place.

Also loving that the latest games tonight are at 9 ET. Anyone know why the NHL is playing earlier games out West since the All-Star break? I love not having to wait until 1 a.m. ET to know how the night has gone.

• panters

Congrats to Felixxberg for ANOTHER winning night!

• PhoFever

@Zieg30 said...

Also loving that the latest games tonight are at 9 ET. Anyone know why the NHL is playing earlier games out West since the All-Star break? I love not having to wait until 1 a.m. ET to know how the night has gone.

Ditto to that! LOVE the earlier starts and just the lack of west coast games in general!

• PhoFever

Preliminary lineups: MIN, CHI, TB and some homer CBJ. Like the WSH side more than the COL side of that game.

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

Lots to take in… First glance I’m kicking the tires on Jeff Carter (narrative based). Not revenge or anything just could see him finding the net a couple times. Otherwise CHI looks real nice with how they’ve been playing and VAN struggling.

• PocketsSloppy

$1 – 20 player – top 5

https://www.draftkings.com/draft/contest/69004263

• sizzlebeans

@Zieg30 said...

Anyone know why the NHL is playing earlier games out West since the All-Star break?

Typically only CA and BC games start at 7pm PST or later. AB, COL, VGK, and ARZ start at 6pm PST

• rgreuli

@hautalak said...

Lots to take in… First glance I’m kicking the tires on Jeff Carter (narrative based). Not revenge or anything just could see him finding the net a couple times. Otherwise CHI looks real nice with how they’ve been playing and VAN struggling.

Carter is doubtful to play today as he was injured in Monday’s game.

• hautalak

• x2

@rgreuli said...

Carter is doubtful to play today as he was injured in Monday’s game.

Appreciate that. Haven’t played or been following him much this year but figured if there was a time it’s today. Still like LA though with Stolarz in net! Also like NSH at home against DAL and am actually ready to use Boyle there! IMO that was a great pickup for them. He’s gotta be one my fav in the league.

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@panters said...

Congrats to Felixxberg for ANOTHER winning night!

Thanks! I think I only had 2-3 winning nights in the last two weeks, but I have been profitable overall. The winning upside is way higher than what you can lose (when playing GPPs)!

• Felixxberg

@Zieg30 said...

Liking the $50k $8 GPP on DK for a big Thursday slate. Hating the top-heavy payout to first place.

I always look at how “pros” play because even though I think I’m now good at NHL DFS, there’s always room for learning/improvement. One thing I have realized since last season is how much contest selection is important.

I noticed that some “pros” don’t max out every contest, and I’m curious to see if guys like Testosterown will enter 150 lineups in such a horrible prize structure (the $8 contest tonight on DK). I think it would be a really bad decision for anyone to do that, but he normally doesn’t care and max enters everything anyway.

I don’t know about game times, but I really like it too!

• rgreuli

@hautalak said...

Appreciate that. Haven’t played or been following him much this year but figured if there was a time it’s today. Still like LA though with Stolarz in net! Also like NSH at home against DAL and am actually ready to use Boyle there! IMO that was a great pickup for them. He’s gotta be one my fav in the league.

Rolling with some Kings as well Kopitar and Kempe are hot right now.

• hautalak

• x2

@rgreuli said...

Rolling with some Kings as well Kopitar and Kempe are hot right now.

Let’s get it! Hopefully people think the Flyers are “back”…

• PhoFever

Well looks like PhEonix Copley is starting tonight, so that makes three favored home ice cheapies on Yahoo. By the way, did his parents follow the same child name spelling philosophy as “Dwyane” Wade’s parents, i.e., misspell the name to make it look more unique?

• sizzlebeans

@Felixxberg said...

One thing I have realized since last season is how much contest selection is important.

100%

Prize structure drives me into which contests I play. I’m an $40 or less entry player for NHL, so my choices are often limited for quality contest selection. The $33 contest is usually the best structure, but I still like to max out the $1, $3, and $4 games because they’re only 20 max entries and I can cover as much as I can when I want to. Tonight is a sh!tshow for contest selection within my budget, so I’ll just make a single line-up and throw it at all the $8 and under stuff just to keep achievements rolling, and wait for a better night to play.

BTW – Congrats on your winning night last night!

• yisman

Carter was questionable last game too

congrats on last night, Felixx

• Felixxberg

Thanks to both! My budget is higher this season (thanks to pre-season and winning $17K in October) so I can chase high fees contests, but like you said, the $33 is usually really good.

• thewinners

I’m just wondering if its better to stack a team on a short slate like last night or is it better to stack a team on a longer slate like tonight? And when you stack how many players should you stack for one team 2 c and a w or maybe 3 like a c w d?

• sizzlebeans

@Felixxberg said...

Thanks to both! My budget is higher this season (thanks to pre-season and winning $17K in October) so I can chase high fees contests, but like you said, the $33 is usually really good.

I’ve learned to stay in my lane. Anytime I hit a few hundred dollars or more, I bank it and only keep a few hundred in my account at any time. I know my odds of beating Slewfoot or Testo in a contest where they can max enter and I don’t is not a winning formula for me. Most of my success has been in the lower dollar stuff where I can max enter 20 and that’s all anyone else can max out at. I bleed money when I try anything higher than $40 in NHL.

• hautalak

• x2

@thewinners said...

I’m just wondering if its better to stack a team on a short slate like last night or is it better to stack a team on a longer slate like tonight? And when you stack how many players should you stack for one team 2 c and a w or maybe 3 like a c w d?

Really depends on the team and matchup. A lot start with 2 lines (typically C, W, W unless there’s 2 Cs). From there you can add a PP correlated D or pick 2 D you like. Punting defense is very common. Guys also run full PP lines. WSH is my best example of this (Ovie, Backstrom, Oshie, Carlson, and Kuz or whoever their last guy has been).

As far as stacking unless you think a team dominates by multiple goals 1 line typically will suffice. It all depends on what you get most comfortable with. I think having correlated players is essentially in some way, shape, or form. Even if it’s only duos. Feel free to reach out to anybody in NHL forum here and they should be willing to help. Hope this points you in the right direction. Good luck

• thewinners

@hautalak said...

Really depends on the team and matchup. A lot start with 2 lines (typically C, W, W unless there’s 2 Cs). From there you can add a PP correlated D or pick 2 D you like. Punting defense is very common. Guys also run full PP lines. WSH is my best example of this (Ovie, Backstrom, Oshie, Carlson, and Kuz or whoever their last guy has been).

As far as stacking unless you think a team dominates by multiple goals 1 line typically will suffice. It all depends on what you get most comfortable with. I think having correlated players is essentially in some way, shape, or form. Even if it’s only duos. Feel free to reach out to anybody in NHL forum here and they should be willing to help. Hope this points you in the right direction. Good luck

Thanks for the help. I’m pretty new at this and been doing ok but not as good as i hoped..lol

• mr_papageorgio

Don’t have as much time to research today as I thought I would so I bailed on the $888 and am doing the $88 instead. So many options, I want to play COL again but they just don’t seem to have it right now.

• Wingman

@hautalak said...

I have a bad habit of living or dying with stacks 1 L+D +G if the line hits for 2-3 goals I have a shot to take down the tourney if they get one goal I still have a shot at cashing. And if no goals I finish in the bottom 5

• sizzlebeans

@thewinners said...

Thanks for the help. I’m pretty new at this and been doing ok but not as good as i hoped..lol

If you’re up for a read, I wrote an article that outlines strategies and resources to become successful at NHL DFS here:

https://fantasydata.com/nhl-daily-fantasy-advice-guide

• hautalak

• x2

@thewinners said...

No problem this forum is good and will always try and help when they have the chance. If you want quick glance at recent stats use DFO (dailyfaceoff if you’re not familiar yet) and go to lines then there’s an option for stats you can click. It gives price and you can get the last 5, 10, or 25 games I believe. Helps when you are torn between some plays.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).