7:35 PM :  Winnipeg ( -120 ) at  Montreal ( 100 ) —- T: 6o-20
    7:35 PM :  St. Louis ( 144 ) at  Tampa Bay ( -160 ) —- T: 6½u-30
    7:35 PM :  Vegas ( -150 ) at  Detroit ( 130 ) —- T: 6u-20
    8:05 PM :  Dallas ( 150 ) at  Nashville ( -170 ) —- T: 5½u-35
    8:05 PM :  Edmonton ( 165 ) at  Minnesota ( -195 ) —- T: 6u-25
    8:35 PM :  Vancouver ( 120 ) at  Chicago ( -140 ) —- T: 6½u-15
    9:05 PM :  Columbus ( 131 ) at  Arizona ( -145 ) —- T: 6½u-11
    9:05 PM :  San Jose ( 110 ) at  Calgary ( -130 ) —- T: 6½o-30

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

@Wingman said...

I have a bad habit of living or dying with stacks 1 L+D +G if the line hits for 2-3 goals I have a shot to take down the tourney if they get one goal I still have a shot at cashing. And if no goals I finish in the bottom 5

No doubt! But stacking is necessary IMO. Hate when it’s the goalie that bring it down though.

• hautalak

• x2

@sizzlebeans said...

If you’re up for a read, I wrote an article that outlines strategies and resources to become successful at NHL DFS here:

https://fantasydata.com/nhl-daily-fantasy-advice-guide

To piggyback and shameless self-promote here’s something I wrote as well. Sizzle has had more success than I however.

https://rotogrinders.com/blog-posts/play-nhl-dfs-tonight-2120230

• PhoFever

@hautalak said...

To piggyback and shameless self-promote here’s something I wrote as well. Sizzle has had more success than I however.

https://rotogrinders.com/blog-posts/play-nhl-dfs-tonight-2120230

Good for both of you guys for “giving back”! Nice to see!

• hautalak

• x2

@PhoFever said...

Think mine was from last year and was during a slow NBA night or something. Might have to read some of my own thoughts again to get back on track for DK lol

Seem to be doing just fine at Yahoo… (hmmm entry limits?) I wish there was a $1 3 max or even a $2. Jeez I can be cheap!

• sizzlebeans

@PhoFever said...

Thanks. Agreed, nice job Hautalak! I remember reading that when you created it. Looking at those line stacks now is pretty funny. Kane in BUF, Domi in AZ, haha

• hautalak

• x2

@sizzlebeans said...

Thanks. Agreed, nice job Hautalak! I remember reading that when you created it. Looking at those line stacks now is pretty funny. Kane in BUF, Domi in AZ, haha

No doubt! I like those prices on Tyler Johnson (3.9K), Ekholm (3.6K and way underpriced then too!), and Shaw (3.9K).

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@sizzlebeans said...

I’ve learned to stay in my lane. Anytime I hit a few hundred dollars or more, I bank it and only keep a few hundred in my account at any time. I know my odds of beating Slewfoot or Testo in a contest where they can max enter and I don’t is not a winning formula for me. Most of my success has been in the lower dollar stuff where I can max enter 20 and that’s all anyone else can max out at. I bleed money when I try anything higher than $40 in NHL.

I tried to but it’s hard. I normally max enter the $33 contest. In the higher fees contests ($100+), I think my chances are as high as anyone, but it’s indeed a little more difficult against guys who are good at it.

• Felixxberg

@thewinners said...

I’m just wondering if its better to stack a team on a short slate like last night or is it better to stack a team on a longer slate like tonight? And when you stack how many players should you stack for one team 2 c and a w or maybe 3 like a c w d?

Stacking is a must in NHL DFS. You can go 3-3, or 3-2-1, or 2-2-2, or 2-2-1-1. In other words, I would recommend always having at least two stacks of two or more forwards from a same line. After that, you can correlate one or more Ds, and also the goalie. If your stacks hit, there’s a chance that Ds will get assists, and your goalie should win.

You can also deviate from the basic line stacks by going with PP stacks, or just picking your favorite players from a team. The best stacks are the lines that stay together on the PP.

I would never recommend stacking two lines of a same team in a 14 game slate. The only way you’ll win with that is if a team wins with a score of 6+ goals and all goals come from the two lines you stacked. You would also need no other line on the slate to score more than 3 goals. In smaller slates, you could win even if your lines score 3-4 goals (together), but on a 14 game slate, you’ll most likely need a much higher score to win big money.

• nosideFX

$1 20 man 50-50

https://www.draftkings.com/draft/contest/69012862

• PhoFever

Hard core stacking is a little bit trickier on Yahoo where you don’t have huge max-entry GPPs. The Cash Game Mafia (Mikestosterown, “Play Sign” Dave, rungoodcurtis, YahooBrainlet, Bric75 and our very own Klubba, amongst others) are going to flood all the GPPs every night with higher-floor lineups of mini stacks and one offs that will beat your 3/3 or 3/2/2 on most nights. I’m sure this is mostly just a function of smaller contests and therefore not as big of a field to need to leap.

• hautalak

• x2

@PhoFever said...

Hard core stacking is a little bit trickier on Yahoo where you don’t have huge max-entry GPPs. The Cash Game Mafia (Mikestosterown, “Play Sign” Dave, rungoodcurtis, YahooBrainlet, Bric75 and our very own Klubba, amongst others) are going to flood all the GPPs every night with higher-floor lineups of mini stacks and one offs that will beat your 3/3 or 3/2/2 on most nights. I’m sure this is mostly just a function of smaller contests and therefore not as big of a field to need to leap.

I never understood the single lineup either. They’re good at what they do I just like to spray and pray with who I see in good spots. There’s no “right” answer. I do get a bit weirder on Yahoo and a think that’s because of a mixture of price, position, and roster construction there. I don’t run too many “full” lines there often. Usually duos and a one-off or even a couple one-offs.

It’s a little crazy how DFS has taken over my life though. That’s how all us feel though I’m sure. I can’t be the guys to “stay away” until it’s over.

• thewinners

Since im pretty new at dfs i just play 2 or 3 line ups a night all of them with the same line up. All the same lineups are going up with 7 10 otherplayers.I dont wanna say where i play on but its not draftkings or fanduel.

Thanks for all the help. The line up i have tonight is B POINT, C GIROUX, J GAUDREAU, A OVECHKIN, N KUCHEROV, P KESSEL. I’m not gonna to show my dman thoe. How does this line up look?

• thewinners

I’ve tried Draftkings before and never win money there so i stopped playing and play on other site that i do ok in

• Felixxberg

@thewinners said...

The line up i have tonight is B POINT, C GIROUX, J GAUDREAU, A OVECHKIN, N KUCHEROV, P KESSEL. I’m not gonna to show my dman thoe. How does this line up look?

I don’t know what site you’re playing but it’s crazy that you can fit all those guys together! It’s far from possible on both DK and FD. Obviously it looks good, but I’d be curious to see what are the salaries on the site you play.

• Felixxberg

I found the website you play on. We talked about it on this forum a few days ago. Lots of value on that site! The scoring is a little different though.

• thewinners

@Felixxberg said...

I don’t know what site you’re playing but it’s crazy that you can fit all those guys together! It’s far from possible on both DK and FD. Obviously it looks good, but I’d be curious to see what are the salaries on the site you play.

I know it is crazy on how cheap some good players pay. There are a few like R Rakell for Anahiem is only 1900 J Gaudreau is 3900 N MACKINNON 5600. And you pick a team as your goalie at 5000. 50000 salary cap

• Felixxberg

@thewinners said...

I know it is crazy on how cheap some good players pay. There are a few like R Rakell for Anahiem is only 1900 J Gaudreau is 3900 N MACKINNON 5600. And you pick a team as your goalie at 5000. 50000 salary cap

Yep! The only thing I don’t like is that the contests are really small. I think stacking is less important on that site. It’s probably better to pick the best value players, like the ones you mentioned.

• Felixxberg

I had some free time at work so I tried something I had never tried before: I downloaded the list of players on a CSV (Excel) and ranked them by $/PPG. If I exclude goalies, injured players and players under $3.0K, the top 3 best value picks on tonight’s slate are Mark Stone, Nathan MacKinnon and Brent Burns. I don’t know if it would be possible to do that with home/road stats, but that could be really useful!

• mr_papageorgio

Felix you would be offended by my LU tonight – only two of my players are at home! Although one of those 2 is Mete so you’d probably approve of that play lol good luck tonight guys!

• sizzlebeans

I’ve got one of those 3 in my single bullet tonight Felix. Burns is a lock for me whenever I can afford him.

• yisman

Kings news:

Carter will be out for several games at least.

Lewis should return Saturday.

Dion Phaneuf will be a healthy scratch tonight.

• yisman

@Felixxberg said...

I had some free time at work so I tried something I had never tried before: I downloaded the list of players on a CSV (Excel) and ranked them by $/PPG. If I exclude goalies, injured players and players under $3.0K, the top 3 best value picks on tonight’s slate are Mark Stone, Nathan MacKinnon and Brent Burns. I don’t know if it would be possible to do that with home/road stats, but that could be really useful!

cheers. Not sure I’ll use any of them, though.

• Felixxberg

@mr_papageorgio said...

Felix you would be offended by my LU tonight – only two of my players are at home! Although one of those 2 is Mete so you’d probably approve of that play lol good luck tonight guys!

Sometimes you gotta roll with road teams! That said, I have almost only home players, with Burns and Zykov being exceptions.

I have Mete in 2/2 lineups. He’ll score eventually!

Good luck!

• Felixxberg

@sizzlebeans said...

Burns is a lock for me whenever I can afford him.

I made room for him too!

• Felixxberg

@yisman said...

cheers. Not sure I’ll use any of them, though.

It’s only one night, so value picks won’t necessarily hit, but it’s good to know. I think I’ll do that more often.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).