NHL FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

8:05 PM :  Carolina ( -120 ) at  N.Y. Rangers ( 100 ) —- T: 6u-10

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• PocketsSloppy

$1 – 20 player – top 3 – NHL Showdown

https://www.draftkings.com/draft/contest/69037605

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

Thanks PocketsSloppy!

It’s my FHWC ticket hangover today. Still can’t believe it!

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

@Felixxberg said...

Thanks PocketsSloppy!

Win yourself another seat!!! I’m sure there aren’t any qualifiers today, just satty’s for some.

• PocketsSloppy

@Felixxberg said...

Thanks PocketsSloppy!

You are very welcome.

• tyman200

Hey All,

I haven’t posted in here in awhile but I do follow the posts in here most days.

On a slow NHL day I wanted to discuss something.

I live in Canada and recently tried to withdraw some winnings and found out that I have to pay 30% tax on it! So if I want to withdraw 100$ I only get 70$.

This seems a bit crazy as it is tough to win as it is.

Does anyone have some insight in to how it all works?

A friend told me he thinks there is no tax up to 750$ (which I have withdrawn already) and he also said he thinks that I can get a portion of it back when I do my taxes.

I’ve been on a heater lately and plan to withdraw more soon 😏
    Any info would be appreciated thanks!

• PhoFever

@tyman200 said...

Hey All,

I haven’t posted in here in awhile but I do follow the posts in here most days.

On a slow NHL day I wanted to discuss something.

I live in Canada and recently tried to withdraw some winnings and found out that I have to pay 30% tax on it! So if I want to withdraw 100$ I only get 70$.

This seems a bit crazy as it is tough to win as it is.

Does anyone have some insight in to how it all works?

A friend told me he thinks there is no tax up to 750$ (which I have withdrawn already) and he also said he thinks that I can get a portion of it back when I do my taxes.

I’ve been on a heater lately and plan to withdraw more soon 😏
    Any info would be appreciated thanks!

Well at least they take it out for you upon withdrawal so that you don’t have to declare it somewhere on your returns.

What province do you live in, if you don’t mind me asking?

• tyman200

• Felixxberg

I don’t think you are supposed to pay taxes in Canada. You have to sign a document (ask to DK support), and after that you’re supposed to be exempt. I sign and send that document every year!

• PhoFever

@tyman200 said...

BC

If there is one province where you’d be taxed higher, that would be it.

If Felix is right ( I hope for his own sake that he is :) ), hopefully you can get a refund.

• tyman200

Oh that would be awesome. I just emailed DK support, I’ll let you know what they say.

• Felixxberg

@tyman200 said...

Oh that would be awesome. I just emailed DK support, I’ll let you know what they say.

I asked them three years ago and they said I didn’t have to pay taxes (in Quebec), but let me know if things have changed!

• Felixxberg

From NHL.com: “Less than a month ago, the Hurricanes’ winless streak at Madison Square Garden was elongated to 16 games (0-13-3) in a 6-2 loss to the Rangers.”

So, should we go with the team on a streak, or with the one that is due?

• hautalak

• x2

@Felixxberg said...

So, should we go with the team on a streak

STREAK! CAR exhausted all their goals last night IMO.

• Bam79

There have been 21 goals scored in their last 2 games – 6-2 & 8-5. Home team won both.

• tristanwolf

hey congrats felixx and andrew and anyone else who did well last night! i made a couple bucks ridin my blackhawks hot streak but had some shit goin on so missed a fun forum sweat. tonight doesnt look so fun lol wth nhl schedulers but lets all have a great weekend!

• Felixxberg

Thanks! I’ll enter one lineup tonight but that’s it.

• yisman

Rangers are celebrating the 1994 Stanley Cup team tonight. They have many of the players back for a reunion.

25th anniversary, sort of.

No word yet on whether Pionk will be scratched again.

• panters

Since I only have a whopping .68 in my DK account (I play Yahoo) I’m going to blow it all on .25 showdown entries X2.

Can anyone share a quick and dirty strategy for what type of players to use? Like Cs or FWs or full lines? Thank you.

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

@Felixxberg said...

Thanks! I’ll enter one lineup tonight but that’s it.

Rangers’ L1 are going to be so heavily owned, but for good reason given their recent play and Carolina being on a B2B.

• hautalak

• x2

@panters said...

Since I only have a whopping .68 in my DK account (I play Yahoo) I’m going to blow it all on .25 showdown entries X2.

Can anyone share a quick and dirty strategy for what type of players to use? Like Cs or FWs or full lines? Thank you.

Hope you caught this quick enough. Cs a little more valuable because faceoff wins but usually it’s best to use a line still unless they’re too expensive. Tonight I like Zibs and whichever wing you wanna choose or both. I still like cheap D too (DeAngelo mine tonight). I liked Hank in net tonight but if you think it’s higher than a 2-1 game or something no need for a goalie. Good luck you should be fine!

• panters

Thanks hautalak. I ended up doing full L1s. Also I have both Gs in one game. I just wanted to have a little action tonight with no Yahoo.
    Good luck tonight!

• tristanwolf

5 canes and shattenkirk. what could go wrong?

• yisman

@NYP_Brooksie
    3m3 minutes ago
    More
    Pionk remains out, Vesey up with Hayes and Buchnevich, Lundqvist with the Richter mask in nets v Candy Canes.

• hautalak

• x2

@panters said...

Also I have both Gs in one game.

Nice call so far!

• tristanwolf

@hautalak said...

Nice call so far!

yes contrarian was the way to go so far. i love playing 2 g or all the underdogs in a one game slate. if caro can get a couple ill be good but lotta time left for everyone!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).