7:05 PM :  Calgary ( -125 ) at  N.Y. Rangers ( 105 ) —- T: -125
    7:05 PM :  Columbus ( 125 ) at  Washington ( -145 ) —- T: 125
    7:05 PM :  Detroit ( 110 ) at  N.Y. Islanders ( -130 ) —- T: 110
    7:35 PM :  Vancouver ( 155 ) at  Carolina ( -175 ) —- T: 155
    7:35 PM :  Los Angeles ( -115 ) at  Florida ( -105 ) —- T: -115
    8:05 PM :  St. Louis ( 0 ) at  Winnipeg ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    8:35 PM :  Pittsburgh ( -110 ) at  Dallas ( -110 ) —- T: -110
    10:05 PM :  Edmonton ( 0 ) at  Anaheim ( 0 ) —- T: 0

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• PhoFever

Here we go. Not crazy about this slate. Obviously we want some DET, some CAR, some WPG on Welcome Back Scheifle Night, and somebody from the late night. Biggest problems for me are what sides to focus on in PIT/DAL and EDM/ANH. In the first case, PIT is tearing it up and hard to bet against, but DAL usually kicks it up a notch at home (though they are on b2b, so another factor to consider). In the second case, EDM is so jekyll-and-hyde; that game could easily be an EDM route or a Ducks route.

Stocking up on CAR feels like a potential trap.

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

I have a completely insane streak going on. I’m approx. +$3.7K in the last 5 days, with two GPP wins and only one night not being top 10!

Blahaaron, I can’t believe they didn’t give Couturier the assist! Also, big sweat with Burns! Congrats!

Tonight, I’m stocking up on home teams again. I also don’t hate CGY, DET and EDM on the road.

• PhoFever

@Felixxberg said...

I have a completely insane streak going on. I’m approx. +$3.7K in the last 5 days, with two GPP wins and only one night not being top 10!

Blahaaron, I can’t believe they didn’t give Couturier the assist! Also, big sweat with Burns! Congrats!

Tonight, I’m stocking up on home teams again. I also don’t hate CGY, DET and EDM on the road.

Man that’s nuts, Felix. I’ve been doing OK too, but nothing like that. Guess I should be trying to do more of what you are doing!

• JSteele

@Felixxberg said...

I should listen to you from now on! My picks last night didn’t go as well once the games started. I’m liking Edmonton, Calgary, Dallas.

You could also throw a gpp dart at Vancouver. They are on a back to back but they get an easier matchup tonight against Scott Darling who has a sub .9 SV% on the season has given up 11 goals in his last 3 starts.

As for goalies, Mike Smith, Harri Sateri, Mrazek has been playing fantastic lately too.

• tratow

• 2015 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

@Felixxberg said...

Congrats!!

Edit: I Haven’t dug too much yet but it looks like I will want some part of Edm, Columbus, Cgy, car.. Not sure what to do with Det but feel obligated to get one in there.

• Blahaaron

@Felixxberg said...

If it’s possible that a dfs player can “go off” that’s what it would look like, congrats!

• Felixxberg

@tratow said...

Congrats!!

Thanks!

The DFS gods will get back to me soon though so it’s probably not the right time to follow my advice!

I’m basically just doing the basic full line stacks strategy like I have always done! It works fine most of the time on DK! Picking the right lines and the right Ds is where I think I’m bound to regress very soon.

• Felixxberg

@Blahaaron said...

If it’s possible that a dfs player can “go off” that’s what it would look like, congrats!

Yep I can’t believe it myself! Thanks!

• JimmyTango

Picking a goalie is gonna be tough tonight. None of them look appealing.

• JSteele

@JimmyTango said...

Picking a goalie is gonna be tough tonight. None of them look appealing.

Mike Smith is in the best possible matchup tonight. But Harri Sateri and Petr Mrazek have both been playing like elite goalies the last few games. Kari Lehtonen has also been playing well when he starts. If I had to choose, I’d go with Sateri for the price savings.

• tratow

@JSteele said...

Mike Smith is in the best possible matchup tonight. But Harri Sateri and Petr Mrazek have both been playing like elite goalies the last few games. Kari Lehtonen has also been playing well when he starts. If I had to choose, I’d go with Sateri for the price savings.

I was just going through this same exact process.. and came up with pretty much the same thing! lol

• JSteele

@tratow said...

I was just going through this same exact process.. and came up with pretty much the same thing! lol

Last game between the Canucks and the Hurricanes it was a 3-0 shutout for Markstrom so he’s on the table too.

• Blahaaron

I assume barkov will be going against kopitar? Wouldn’t be a good matchup for either.

• tratow

@JSteele said...

Link

However, that was at home, where he has been better this season.. I still think he could be in play but don’t let the last game at home be your only deciding factor.

• JSteele

@tratow said...

However, that was at home, where he has been better this season.. I still think he could be in play but don’t let the last game at home be your only deciding factor.

I don’t typically like taking away goalies since the home team gets to choose the line matchups. I’m still leaning towards Harri but I do like a Boeser line stack in that game.

• tratow

@JSteele said...

Looking back through, I don’t mind Lehtonen either. He has looked really good and Murray has not looked so hot lol I think Dal could pot a few and get Lehtonen the W here..

• tratow

I really want to attack WAS here but not sure what jacket line to use.. WAS has been letting it up a bit lately..

• Blahaaron

Haha Courterier was just awarded the assist.

I’m going contrarion. All in on NYI. They see their playoff hopes slipping, got embarrassed by buffalo. I don’t see how they don’t come out and score some goals tonight and I think it is the 2nd line that does it.

• tratow

@Blahaaron said...

I’m going contrarion. All in on NYI. They see their playoff hopes slipping, got embarrassed by buffalo. I don’t see how they don’t come out and score some goals tonight and I think it is the 2nd line that does it.

I’m so sorry you two didn’t get your assist last night!!

I agree on Islanders 2..

• Felixxberg

@tratow said...

I’m so sorry you two didn’t get your assist last night!!

I agree on Islanders 2..

$150 difference for me, $137.50 for Blahaaron!

• Felixxberg

@Felixxberg said...

$150 difference for me, $137.50 for Blahaaron!

(Only for our best lineup, probably more overall)

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

Congrats on the win regardless! I know you’ve been grinding for a while, it’s nice to catch a break. Well I guess it would’ve been better to have that assist but what can you do.

Was gonna sit tonight out with my money tied up in golf but will roll out 2 lineups. I’ll play some homer DET and I can’t ignore VAN. Kinda wanna use LA when everybody will play Sat in net.

• PhoFever

@Blahaaron said...

I like this call. I’ve been in on them for a few games now, and they are getting their touch back. Unfortunately I’ve already locked myself from more lineups today, so I don t have a lot of exposure. Mainly Leddy, who is dirt cheap on Yahoo.

• Blahaaron

I play cgy1 almost every time they play but since they went off last night what are the odds that it is cgy2s turn?

• Blahaaron

@Blahaaron said...

I play cgy1 almost every time they play but since they went off last night what are the odds that it is cgy2s turn?

I say this because they’re usually the shutdown line and there really isn’t anyone to shut down in this game other than Nash and he isn’t scary. Rangers are about as bad as the isles in defence. They’ll have more time on the attack tonight.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).