7:05 PM :  Calgary ( -125 ) at  N.Y. Rangers ( 105 ) —- T: -125
    7:05 PM :  Columbus ( 125 ) at  Washington ( -145 ) —- T: 125
    7:05 PM :  Detroit ( 110 ) at  N.Y. Islanders ( -130 ) —- T: 110
    7:35 PM :  Vancouver ( 155 ) at  Carolina ( -175 ) —- T: 155
    7:35 PM :  Los Angeles ( -115 ) at  Florida ( -105 ) —- T: -115
    8:05 PM :  St. Louis ( 0 ) at  Winnipeg ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    8:35 PM :  Pittsburgh ( -110 ) at  Dallas ( -110 ) —- T: -110
    10:05 PM :  Edmonton ( 0 ) at  Anaheim ( 0 ) —- T: 0

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@hautalak said...

Congrats on the win regardless! I know you’ve been grinding for a while, it’s nice to catch a break. Well I guess it would’ve been better to have that assist but what can you do.

Was gonna sit tonight out with my money tied up in golf but will roll out 2 lineups. I’ll play some homer DET and I can’t ignore VAN. Kinda wanna use LA when everybody will play Sat in net.

Thanks! I withdrew a big amount and I still have a very decent bankroll. Time for other grinders to win now!

Did you also play golf because of the promotion? My entry is going to be refunded in DK dollars if I lose money (I entered 2 lineups so I don’t really know how the promotion works but we’ll see). It’s also my second favorite DFS sport after NHL but I’m not successful at all!

DET2 is over-over-overdue to score on the road. Athanasiou 2.4%, Larkin 3.2%, Tatar 5.6%!!

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

@Felixxberg said...

Thanks! I withdrew a big amount and I still have a very decent bankroll. Time for other grinders to win now!

Did you also play golf because of the promotion? My entry is going to be refunded in DK dollars if I lose money (I entered 2 lineups so I don’t really know how the promotion works but we’ll see). It’s also my second favorite DFS sport after NHL but I’m not successful at all!

DET2 is over-over-overdue to score on the road. Athanasiou 2.4%, Larkin 3.2%, Tatar 5.6%!!

Actually didn’t know there was a promotion but I play PGA just about every week. It’s definitely the best sport to MME IMO. I started playing “heavier” last year. Lots of fun and it only takes 1 lineup (similar to hockey).

Yeah I kinda wanna play both DET lines but will stick with the Larkin line. Might add Frk too since he’s back and should be dirt cheap (haven’t seen pricing yet today).

• Blahaaron

It is very hard to read how tonight should go so I’m just doing one sniper and one pick em.
    There is just too many teams that are bubbling a playoff spot so There should be many desperate teams tonight, I just don’t know who is gonna play desperate and leave it all on the ice.

• hautalak

• x2

Oh and congrats to you too Blahaaron! I know you’ve been waiting for that payday.

I think I need some more $5 GPPs because whenever those come around I seem to do alright whilst chasing the 10K dragon haha

• Blahaaron

@hautalak said...

Oh and congrats to you too Blahaaron! I know you’ve been waiting for that payday.

I think I need some more $5 GPPs because whenever those come around I seem to do alright whilst chasing the 10K dragon haha

It was fun! thanks Hautalak. It’s actually my third highest win in the past 2 weeks. I have a pretty big bankroll now so mass entering the sniper is gonna be a thing I can do. Just gonna pick and choose which days to do it. Just not that confident about tonight. I see a lot of traps.

• hautalak

• x2

@Blahaaron said...

It was fun! thanks Hautalak. It’s actually my third highest win in the past 2 weeks. I have a pretty big bankroll now so mass entering the sniper is gonna be a thing I can do. Just gonna pick and choose which days to do it. Just not that confident about tonight. I see a lot of traps.

Did staying away from the forum help? I just noticed you were gone because you were a frequent poster and disappeared.

I think part of my problem is I’m too all over the map with all the different DFS sports I play. I wish I could focus on hockey but their “micro” stakes are nothing compared to other sports. But now I’m just making excuses cuz football is over and golf is only once a week.

Enough of me bitching though! I just gotta “build better lineups”. Starts with picking D that put up more than 1.5 points a night.

• Felixxberg

@hautalak said...

I just gotta “build better lineups”.

It’s really hard to be consistently winning without entering a lot of lineups. There is so much variance in hockey that you have to cover most scenarios. 20 lineups a day makes it fun. It doesn’t take all day to enter and you have to make decisions, not like when entering 150, where you just shoot as many lines as possible.

• sizzlebeans

@Blahaaron said...

I say this because they’re usually the shutdown line and there really isn’t anyone to shut down in this game other than Nash and he isn’t scary. Rangers are about as bad as the isles in defence. They’ll have more time on the attack tonight.

The last two games, the Rangers have played whichever line Grabner is on the most against the opponent’s top line. Desharnais and J.T. Miller have been playing against the opponents 2nd line. It looks like the Rangers are trying to keep their top line away from the opponent’s top 2 lines, and have spread them across all lines looking for an advantage. If that continues, Every line for CGY is in play tonight. I would still lean toward CGY 1 based on their superior offensive numbers, but you should be able to get CGY2 at lower ownership if you’re trying to play more game theory.

• hautalak

• x2

@Felixxberg said...

It’s really hard to be consistently winning without entering a lot of lineups. There is so much variance in hockey that you have to cover most scenarios. 20 lineups a day makes it fun. It doesn’t take all day to enter and you have to make decisions, not like when entering 150, where you just shoot as many lines as possible.

Maybe I need to set aside a day a week to MME on a slate I like or something. I’ve done it a few times and was usually at least break even. No big wins but enough to keep me playing. Lately I’ve been throwing between 5-10 staying mostly even. Sometimes I wish things weren’t so top heavy but I understand why they are. I know it’s possible to get a nice win so I’ll just keep grinding.

• Blahaaron

@hautalak said...

Did staying away from the forum help? I just noticed you were gone because you were a frequent poster and disappeared.

I think part of my problem is I’m too all over the map with all the different DFS sports I play. I wish I could focus on hockey but their “micro” stakes are nothing compared to other sports. But now I’m just making excuses cuz football is over and golf is only once a week.

Enough of me bitching though! I just gotta “build better lineups”. Starts with picking D that put up more than 1.5 points a night.

No, I just needed a mental health break. I changed my strategy to focus more on goalies and dmen rather than the lines. If you can get 20 pts just from those 3 then it’s easier to cash big if you don’t have a line that goes off. So I’ve been pretty good lately at finding the top goalies and dmen. Last night Dallas had the value dmen with all the points but for some reason I went with Girard which was an unfavourable matchup. It takes a lot of time to make 20 lineups by hand so I made some mistakes. But yeah this all can get really too much for me sometimes, the anxiety and panic. There was a point where I was afraid to spend even 5 dollars, but I have more freedom now so the pressure is less. I’m not a very good gambler.
    My advice is to definitely go for the dmen who are in good PPs against teams with bad Pks.
    That’s my primary strategy. I like Brodie tonight for his value.

• Felixxberg

@hautalak said...

I know it’s possible to get a nice win so I’ll just keep grinding.

That’s the way to go! I had some very bad streaks sometimes but it normally all goes back to status quo, which for me means ROI of around 5% every season.

• Felixxberg

@Blahaaron said...

But yeah this all can get really too much for me sometimes, the anxiety and panic. There was a point where I was afraid to spend even 5 dollars, but I have more freedom now so the pressure is less. I’m not a very good gambler.

Just keep playing small stakes then! It’s better to play 20 $3 lineups than 1 $33 lineup in my opinion.

• PhoFever

@Felixxberg said...

Just keep playing small stakes then!

Amen. I play 5 1$ lineups a day and couldn’t be happier. Highs aren’t as high, but the lows aren’t as low. Every so often my bankroll gets a little surge and I can buy myself a small sports treat. That is, when I’m playing NHL and MLB. If it’s NFL, I lose it all more often than not.

• hautalak

• x2

@Blahaaron said...

I changed my strategy to focus more on goalies and dmen rather than the lines. If you can get 20 pts just from those 3 then it’s easier to cash big if you don’t have a line that goes off. So I’ve been pretty good lately at finding the top goalies and dmen.

I think this will benefit me greatly actually. My D picking lately has been less than stellar but I do find the “value” goalie just for the top line of the night it fit in to fall flat.

Hoping I can put together a nice stretch starting soon. Good luck tonight boys!

• Schmo4

BBB line back together :)

• PhoFever

Well, apparently I haven’t figured out how to use Textile properly yet.

• sizzlebeans

Rangers are likely starting two defensemen making their NHL debut tonight. Hmmmmm

• the_pharaoh

@sizzlebeans said...

Rangers are likely starting two defensemen making their NHL debut tonight. Hmmmmm

Thank you.

• sizzlebeans

There are reports John Gilmour might be in tonight, too.

https://twitter.com/NYRStatsInfo/status/962030655507808257

EDIT: confirmed. McDonagh out, Gilmour in

https://twitter.com/drosennhl/status/962083648286707713

• sizzlebeans

Dang, nor Boeser is out, too?

https://twitter.com/Canucks/status/962085307234439168

• Schmo4

@Schmo4 said...

BBB line back together :)

Jinxed it

• Felixxberg

Injuries everywhere! It’s a good night to have an edge on people who don’t verify their lineups. McDonagh, Boeser are out. Pavelec is in.

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #97

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

@Felixxberg said...

Injuries everywhere! It’s a good night to have an edge on people who don’t verify their lineups. McDonagh, Boeser are out. Pavelec is in.

Agreed, though my random BBB lineups have to be reworked now! and I’m sad that the Rangers really are giving up on the season, though it’s the smart move.

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #97

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

@Felixxberg said...

To piggyback on your amazing run, what’s your favourite line tonight!? DET L2!?

• JSteele

Well after reading all these comments I ramped up my exposure to Johnny Hockey and Mr. Monahan and got rid of my canucks line stack. There are still some solid values in there like Virtanen with the Sedins on the top line or Baertschi/Horvat/Vanek. Someone is going to have be taking those extra shots.

I was also targeting Edmonton tonight but with Gibson back from injury, I kind of like the other side of this game with the ANA1. They have been playing fantastic together and they are very reasonably priced for a top line.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).