7:05 PM :  Calgary ( -125 ) at  N.Y. Rangers ( 105 ) —- T: -125
    7:05 PM :  Columbus ( 125 ) at  Washington ( -145 ) —- T: 125
    7:05 PM :  Detroit ( 110 ) at  N.Y. Islanders ( -130 ) —- T: 110
    7:35 PM :  Vancouver ( 155 ) at  Carolina ( -175 ) —- T: 155
    7:35 PM :  Los Angeles ( -115 ) at  Florida ( -105 ) —- T: -115
    8:05 PM :  St. Louis ( 0 ) at  Winnipeg ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    8:35 PM :  Pittsburgh ( -110 ) at  Dallas ( -110 ) —- T: -110
    10:05 PM :  Edmonton ( 0 ) at  Anaheim ( 0 ) —- T: 0

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@Zieg30 said...

To piggyback on your amazing run, what’s your favourite line tonight!? DET L2!?

I don’t really have a favorite. I have 0% exposure to DET2 following Adam’s article! My lines are CGY1, NYR1, FLA1, FLA2, WPG1, DAL1, EDM1, ANA1. Managed to have 8 because of the unmixable lines. It’s probably a bad night to follow my advice though since I’m due for a bad night.

• sizzlebeans

I didn’t renew my DFO subscription. Why doesn’t Adam like DET2? Everything I see has them in one of the best spots of the night. They should see plenty of the Tavares line which is not good on D, and the NYI defensemen are the worst in the league, as is Greiss as a goalie. All 3 forwards on DET2 correlate to PP1. What’s not to like there?

• JSteele

@sizzlebeans said...

I didn’t renew my DFO subscription. Why doesn’t Adam like DET2? Everything I see has them in one of the best spots of the night. They should see plenty of the Tavares line which is not good on D, and the NYI defensemen are the worst in the league, as is Greiss as a goalie. All 3 forwards on DET2 correlate to PP1. What’s not to like there?

The only thing not to like there is that its detroit and they have trouble scoring. Every team is in a good spot against the Islanders but they are much better at home and this is a game that the NYI really need to win to keep their season alive. Don’t be surprised if they control the puck all game and keep detroit’s scoring chances limited.

• sizzlebeans

NYI’s CF% and FF% numbers at home over the last 10 games are terrible – like worst in the NHL bad. Line 2 is the only one with possession and shot numbers above 50%, the rest are low 40’s and high 30’s. Their defenders are in the 40’s, too. I get it that NYI is due for some positive regression at any point, but we’ve been waiting awhile for that. I’m on both sides of this game, as it could be a high scoring game.

https://twitter.com/JigawattJones/status/962062339485741056
    https://twitter.com/JigawattJones/status/962062930152800258

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

@Felixxberg said...

I don’t really have a favorite. I have 0% exposure to DET2 following Adam’s article! My lines are CGY1, NYR1, FLA1, FLA2, WPG1, DAL1, EDM1, ANA1. Managed to have 8 because of the unmixable lines. It’s probably a bad night to follow my advice though since I’m due for a bad night.

Ah. Very interesting choice to fade Detroit almost entirely!

Eh, you may be due for a bad night, but your run may also not have run out of steam! Ach, runs like that are so much fun. I hope yours continues.

Edit: I like your lines tonight, apart from the absence of DET, and I don’t love EDM 1 tonight. I think I have McDavid in two Breakaway entries, or roughly 5% of my overall entries.

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

Looks like NYI lines are back to what they were earlier in the season. L1 is Tavares-Lee-Bailey, as per RG and DFO.

• kdub

@Zieg30 said...

Looks like NYI lines are back to what they were earlier in the season. L1 is Tavares-Lee-Bailey, as per RG and DFO.

ugh…. damnit

• Felixxberg

@sizzlebeans said...

He had them against NYI2 mostly so he was promoting DET1 instead of DET2.

• Felixxberg

@Zieg30 said...

Ah. Very interesting choice to fade Detroit almost entirely!

Eh, you may be due for a bad night, but your run may also not have run out of steam! Ach, runs like that are so much fun. I hope yours continues.

Edit: I like your lines tonight, apart from the absence of DET, and I don’t love EDM 1 tonight. I think I have McDavid in two Breakaway entries, or roughly 5% of my overall entries.

Should have went with DET1!

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

@Felixxberg said...

Should have went with DET1!

Apparently. I have 2 DET 1 entries, and maybe 7 DET 2 entries, so not super pleased. Should have looked closer at Adam’s numbers/page.

• keephustlincuz

@Zieg30 said...

Apparently. I have 2 DET 1 entries, and maybe 7 DET 2 entries, so not super pleased. Should have looked closer at Adam’s numbers/page.

I saw the defensive numbers for ny1 and almost fell out of my chair. The only reason I didn’t go crazy with det1 was the sample size.

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

@keephustlincuz said...

I saw the defensive numbers for ny1 and almost fell out of my chair. The only reason I didn’t go crazy with det1 was the sample size.

They still need another goal/assist minimum to likely lock down best complimentary line of the night.

• Felixxberg

Tonight is my back to earth night it seems, except if EDM1 and ANA1 go nuts.

• sizzlebeans

@Felixxberg said...

He had them against NYI2 mostly so he was promoting DET1 instead of DET2.

Interesting. Nyi matched JT’s line against Larkin’s on Dec 29th and haven’t done a lot of hard matching with line 1 lately. I figured they’d put JT on Larkin’s line again. I’m not watching the game, is JT matched with Zett’s line tonight?

http://www.hockeyviz.com/game/2017020518/matchups

• sizzlebeans

2 more assists for DET1. Dammit Jim.

• yuda

@Zieg30 said...

They still need another goal/assist minimum to likely lock down best complimentary line of the night.

A pair of apples might do it.

• sizzlebeans

Oof. Went heavy on Helly tonight.

• keephustlincuz

So…..all of a sudden det nyi game stack is looking good.

• yuda

@keephustlincuz said...

So…..all of a sudden det nyi game stack is looking good.

8 goals in the third period!!!!

• yuda

4 PP goals for NYI in about 4 minutes. What the hell happened in that game?

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

@sizzlebeans said...

Oof. Went heavy on Helly tonight.

Ugh. I’m 27% Helly on DK and he just happens to be in all of my most promising lineups. Just frustrating.

• Blahaaron

My god. Detroit can barely score but when they play against isles they get 6 plus goals.

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

The key was to not know that the Isles changed their lines and to have played Barzal-Eberle-Lee.

• yuda

The leader of the Two-Man stacked DET1 with NYI2 but had Lee instead of Beauv. Lee outscored Beauv 5.5 to 1.

• yuda

@yuda said...

The leader of the Two-Man stacked DET1 with NYI2 but had Lee instead of Beauv. Lee outscored Beauv 5.5 to 1.

Testo and Boggs both had the updated lines but cost them this time.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).