7:05 PM :  Philadelphia ( -135 ) at  New Jersey ( 115 ) —- T: 6½u-10
    7:05 PM :  Pittsburgh ( -130 ) at  Buffalo ( 110 ) —- T: 6½o-20
    7:05 PM :  Montreal ( -120 ) at  N.Y. Rangers ( -105 ) —- T: 6o-15
    7:05 PM :  Washington ( -110 ) at  N.Y. Islanders ( -110 ) —- T: 6u-10
    7:35 PM :  St. Louis ( -105 ) at  Carolina ( -115 ) —- T: 5½u-25
    8:05 PM :  Nashville ( -105 ) at  Winnipeg ( -115 ) —- T: 6u-15
    10:05 PM :  Vegas ( -145 ) at  Anaheim ( 120 ) —- T: 5½u-15
    10:35 PM :  Colorado ( 170 ) at  San Jose ( -200 ) —- T: 6½o-35

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• PocketsSloppy

Yesterday’s $1 – 20 Player – Top 5 results:

rgreuli – 45.1
    Ivanage – 42.1
    Tratow – 41.7
    flipp39 – 37.9
    Southie – 36.6

• PocketsSloppy

DK $1 – 20 Player – Top 5

https://www.draftkings.com/draft/contest/69759466

• cheezpizza

Anyone have the link to yesterday’s $200 on DK. I didnt see any NHL on the list

• sizzlebeans

Angry Sharks…doot doo, doo, doot doot doo doo

Anyone with kids will know that one… and sorry to get that stuck in your head.

• benrocket

It’s Baby Shark.

Also, Oddshark has been helpful lately. I just picked the wrong Coyotes last night but it’s been helping me choose goalies.

• rgreuli

@benrocket said...

It’s Baby Shark.

Also, Oddshark has been helpful lately. I just picked the wrong Coyotes last night but it’s been helping me choose goalies.

..and what does Odds Shark say about COL/SJ.? Colorado wins and they also have the highest projected goal total for tonight. My gut tells me this wrong and it will be SJ that scores 4 or more.

• benrocket

@rgreuli said...

..and what does Odds Shark say about COL/SJ.? Colorado wins and they also have the highest projected goal total for tonight. My gut tells me this wrong and it will be SJ that scores 4 or more.

I could see that one being wrong since SJ is at home.

Did anyone else get a link to a DK survey? It says you get 25 DK dollars for filling it out.

• sizzlebeans

@benrocket said...

It’s Baby Shark

…not sure if you got the pun…

• benrocket

@sizzlebeans said...

…not sure if you got the pun…

I got it now. Sens fired Boucher by the way.

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

Yesterday I stacked LAK1 and it worked out fine. Today I might stack some ANH guys!

• Felixxberg

@benrocket said...

I got it now. Sens fired Boucher by the way.

According to DFO, here are their line rankings:

L1: 31st/31
    L2: 31st/31
    L3: 21st/31
    L4: 20th/31

And then their D pairs:

D1: 31st/31
    D2: 31st/31
    D3: 31st/31

Not sure Boucher was the problem there…

• Zieg30

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

Congrats to Felix and Canuckage on another quite solid night!

Hope it continues (for them and the forum, more generally) tonight!

Not fading the Rangers L1 tonight. They’ll likely be my heaviest line primarily due to homerism.

• sizzlebeans

@Felixxberg said...

Yesterday I stacked LAK1 and it worked out fine. Today I might stack some ANH guys!

SJ and ANA were my first two I went to. I like both sides of both of those games too.

NYI involved in back to back nights of former employer narratives.

• Zieg30

@sizzlebeans said...

SJ and ANA were my first two I went to. I like both sides of both of those games too.

I want some ANA, but don’t know where to go. Henrique-Perry, etc? Just not sure. Their lines are so bad.

• Zieg30

@sizzlebeans said...

I’m going back to NYI1 tonight.

• sizzlebeans

@Zieg30 said...

I want some ANA, but don’t know where to go. Henrique-Perry, etc? Just not sure. Their lines are so bad.

Never use Perry. Use whatever line Rakell is on. Last game that was Rakell-Shore-Silfverberg. If that line skates together again tonight, I’ll use them. Kesler is also a POS, but had an assist last game and skates with two decent one-off wingers with Ritchie and Rowney. Perry is a boat anchor for whatever line he’s on, and could be a detriment to Rico if they skate together again.

EDIT: Jones-Grant-Terry is interesting, and they scored a goal last game, but they’re young and inconsistent right now. But that line was just put togther last game and scored, so…

Anaheim is shaping up like AZ last night. I analyzed the full lines for AZ, then by individual skater. I’m going to do that again today for the Ducks and see if it lands me on the right line again.

• nickbloggerman

Can’t get away from St. Louis today. Those prices..

• AJS

A few things i’m liking today. Looking at the numbers, I can see why Colorado may be liked, if i had to bet on the game i’d take San Jose, Colorado’s penalty killing is horrible and they take a lot of penalties as well. So COL 1 + Barrie/ Soderberg is a nice play. SJ 1 is not to my liking, I like Couture and Timo, not Pavelski, I’d go Couture, Timo and Hertl so you get two guys on L1 and two on PP1, + Burns to give you three for each. Besides that obvious game one I like for a potential GPP contrarian play is Buffalo. Eichel + Reinhart would be my two top plays from that, I’d probably go all the way though and take Skinner and Dahlin as well. As for goalies, you can’t go wrong wrong with paying up for your guy, some cheaper guys I like however are Talbot and Fleury, a lot of people seem to be on Anaheim but I don’t see it, they’ve looked awful overall and have the numbers to back it up, we’ve seen them put up 5 before so it is possible, but with a team like that you never know where the goals are gonna come from so I’m staying away.

• sizzlebeans

Just noticed that the RG NHL rankings now show 7100+ active NHL DFS’ers. That is about 2000 more than it was just last week. A lot of it is probably from the NBA ASB, but hopefully that number stays up that high and DK notices an increase in demand. We still need better contests selection on DK. They funnel us lower/mid-stakes guys into shitshow contests with heavy top prizes. I’ll play them because I have no choice, but prefer contest structures like the Forecheck and Line Change

• Canuckage

Man the forum DK contest filled already?!? Time to test out 30 player pool? Possibly on bigger NHL nights like Tuesday Saturday.

Thanks everyone and let’s keep the winning streak going tonight! Anyone firing the $275 on DK?

• TnCowboy

I’m liking PHI2 sprinkled with randomness.

• NIN1002

I hate these goaltenders tonight at Yahoo. Most of them have bad match ups, and the few that seem in consideration are priced way up. Been pondering for two hours who to go with in goal tonight and still trying to solve this puzzle!!

• Felixxberg

@Canuckage said...

Man the forum DK contest filled already?!? Time to test out 30 player pool? Possibly on bigger NHL nights like Tuesday Saturday.

Thanks everyone and let’s keep the winning streak going tonight! Anyone firing the $275 on DK?

I didn’t have time to enter the forum contest yesterday but I reserved it as soon as I woke up today! I’ll enter a lineup in the $275 contest for sure!

• Felixxberg

@sizzlebeans said...

They funnel us lower/mid-stakes guys into shitshow contests with heavy top prizes. I’ll play them because I have no choice, but prefer contest structures like the Forecheck and Line Change

Another example of how hard it is to win decent money at lower stakes:

Yesterday, I only entered one lineup, but I entered it in four different contests. Here are the results:

$300 FHWC qualifier: $1,000 (that one doesn’t really count because it’s a qualifier so you really need to get 1st place)
    $200 contest: $3,000 (15x)
    $40 contest: $333.33 (8.33x)
    $8 contest: $60 (7.5x)

My lineup was solid, but the lower the stakes, the lower the return is, even in proportion. As you can see, my proportion was actually doubled in the $200 contest compared to the $8 one. That’s just crazy!

• hautalak

@sizzlebeans said...

We still need better contests selection on DK. They funnel us lower/mid-stakes guys into shitshow contests with heavy top prizes. I’ll play them because I have no choice, but prefer contest structures like the Forecheck and Line Change

Amen to that! And just think the amount more that people play that isn’t included! I know I very rarely “qualify” because I play mostly stuff under 5K besides all these All Star Break contests and the occasional under $8 “main” GPP.

Seems like people are beginning to like the “swing and miss” and still cash NHL, although you’ve had to be more perfect than recent years but you can still have a “dud”.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).