7:05 PM :  Philadelphia ( -135 ) at  New Jersey ( 115 ) —- T: 6½u-10
    7:05 PM :  Pittsburgh ( -130 ) at  Buffalo ( 110 ) —- T: 6½o-20
    7:05 PM :  Montreal ( -120 ) at  N.Y. Rangers ( -105 ) —- T: 6o-15
    7:05 PM :  Washington ( -110 ) at  N.Y. Islanders ( -110 ) —- T: 6u-10
    7:35 PM :  St. Louis ( -105 ) at  Carolina ( -115 ) —- T: 5½u-25
    8:05 PM :  Nashville ( -105 ) at  Winnipeg ( -115 ) —- T: 6u-15
    10:05 PM :  Vegas ( -145 ) at  Anaheim ( 120 ) —- T: 5½u-15
    10:35 PM :  Colorado ( 170 ) at  San Jose ( -200 ) —- T: 6½o-35

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• terlingua

A perfect score last night would have been 86.5. No 3/3 stacks there of course. Funny how the extreme variance in hockey eliminates anything close to a perfect score. Talking about big slates of course.

In NBA the relative predictability means you often see scores approaching perfect – that and the sheer number of entries.

But in hockey in order to win you look at lines since individual performance is so unpredictable on any given night.

I know last night was odd because of Richardson’s 17 pts. – but on big slates It can hit in the 90’s. February 27th was 93.8. Can you imagine? Again no full line stacks (somebody will always goof it up). 6 of the salaries on the 27th were between 5000-5500. There were three stacks with 2 teams each (on the 27th) but did not check to see if same lines were involved.

Just find it interesting that in NBA you focus so much on individual performance, whereas in hockey, line performance seems to generally take precedence.

• sizzlebeans

Sorensen appears to be taking Kane’s spot on SJ2, according to the NHL.com Lineups app.

EDIT: and this just got posted to Twitter

https://twitter.com/SanJoseSharks/status/1101577069970960384

• yisman

hopefully someone from the forum hits that qualifier!

Only 40 finalists/spots and they’re listed here (aside from tonight’s of course): https://www.draftkings.com/lp/2019-hockey-world-championship

not sure what will end up happening with this: https://twitter.com/saulgoodmanDFS/status/1097498296409645061

• canuck1995

I hope Granlund centres Forsberg and Arvidsson soon

• NIN1002

@PhoFever said...

Stop pretending you are actually deliberating! You are a cheap goalie addict, and you know it! I’m guessing its Schneider, and either Miller or Lundquist :)

LOL. I do look the cheapies (just getting warmed up for baseball season and picking the dumpster barrel SP’s)…

I’ve concluded it boils down to two choices to make. First, pick either McElhinney or Allen. In these types of pick ‘ems, I’m usually more likely to lean toward the home ice team. Once that choice is done, then it’s pick between Jones (horrible form, moderate match up, home ice) or Schenider (great form, horrible match up, horrible team in general, home ice). I haven’t figured out my plan for skaters at the moment, either…lol. But, I can’t do them until I set myself on two goaltenders. Going to look it over….AGAIN and see if I can lock in the goalies and get this done.

• mr_papageorgio

@Canuckage said...

Man the forum DK contest filled already?!? Time to test out 30 player pool? Possibly on bigger NHL nights like Tuesday Saturday.

Thanks everyone and let’s keep the winning streak going tonight! Anyone firing the $275 on DK?

I’m putting a LU in the $275. Not sure who yet but I’m a COL sucker so likely some of the big guns there.

• Bam79

G is tough tonight. I think I’m going to roll out Varly!..

I’m a bit torn..I like Varly and making money, so…it’s a tough spot.

• Canuckage

@Bam79 said...

G is tough tonight. I think I’m going to roll out Varly!..

I’m a bit torn..I like Varly and making money, so…it’s a tough spot.

Uhh…. Varly and Making money is an oxymoron.

• yisman

Derek Stepan out at least a month.

• the_shashi

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@Canuckage said...

I haven’t played much of the DK stuff besides the $5-$8 range but I still prefer FD main pool. How is it comparable to the other lower stakes offerings?

FD main pool payout structure for those that only play DK – https://gyazo.com/cea107154f14c56d5ddb9d2a9e4f4216

Listen to canuckage guys, he knows what’s up. The 8$ or 10$ at DK isn’t very good. The 5$ is so-so. If you want to play low stakes, you have to enter 100-150 entries at once, preferably closer to 150 if you want to be ev+ in the long-run. If you know what you are doing, you will be. But it is time consuming and there will be cold streaks you need to weather. 666$ to win 5k+ on FD at 4.44 per entry. Much easier to win those contests there (also easier to craft lineups based on pricing opportunities). A good rule of thumb: play low stakes (max entries on FD) and/or play high stakes on DK. Right now, I don’t have a lot of free time so I’m playing high stakes at DK.

• yisman

@Canuckage said...

that’s why he’s torn!

He likes both and he can only have one!

• hautalak

@yountingly said...

It’s called a fist to the head from Chara. Playing NHL tonight for time all week. Stacking Caps against my isles for the possible let down tonight after max effort last night in the Leafs smackdown. Coaching much better this year and we have been better on b2bs this year than in recent seasons but still stacking Ovie line in 1 cause a let down would not be surprising.

Ha Caps revenge! lol

• keephustlincuz

@sizzlebeans said...

Who me? What I do?

Sell one for $20?

• the_shashi

@yisman said...

not sure what will end up happening with this: https://twitter.com/saulgoodmanDFS/status/1097498296409645061

hahahahhaha thanks yisman, that was one of the funniest shit i’ve seen this week lol.

meeting these fellas in washington is going to be interesting.

• Canuckage

Man Washington sounds like a blast now. Wished I would try to enter the live event a lot sooner because I didn’t really have any interest at first so never really entered until a month or so ago.

• the_shashi

@Canuckage said...

Man Washington sounds like a blast now. Wished I would try to enter the live event a lot sooner because I didn’t really have any interest at first so never really entered until a month or so ago.

It would have been AMAZING to meet you there! Maybe next year.

• yisman

@sizzlebeans said...

Sorensen appears to be taking Kane’s spot on SJ2, according to the NHL.com Lineups app.

EDIT: and this just got posted to Twitter

https://twitter.com/SanJoseSharks/status/1101577069970960384

I like the reply:

https://twitter.com/SavageMelker/status/1101577290608140288

Fake account, though.

• sizzlebeans

@keephustlincuz said...

Sell one for $20?

Huh?

• Bam79

@Canuckage said...

Yeah; Hence, ‘tough spot.’

• sizzlebeans

@yisman said...

I like the reply:

https://twitter.com/SavageMelker/status/1101577290608140288

That’s awesome! Get it Melk Man

• Canuckage

@Bam79 said...

Yeah; Hence, ‘tough spot.’

Goalies are pretty tough to pick tonight. You don’t like the other goalies or just want to take the low ownership goalie to differentiate?

• sizzlebeans

G sucks tonight. The lines I like don’t have good correlating goalies.

• larin1477

• Blogger of the Month

Someone talk me off of Montreal please… looking at some combo of Domi/Tartar/Gallagher/Shaw/Drouin

• keephustlincuz

@sizzlebeans said...

Huh?

Kidding….. I got distracted at work and didn’t get in.

• sizzlebeans

@keephustlincuz said...

Kidding….. I got distracted at work and didn’t get in.

Get into what? I have no idea wth you guys are talking about.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).