• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:05 PM :  Carolina ( 170 ) at  Boston ( -200 ) —- T: 170
    7:35 PM :  Winnipeg ( 170 ) at  Detroit ( -200 ) —- T: 170
    7:35 PM :  Ottawa ( 0 ) at  Florida ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    7:35 PM :  Buffalo ( 140 ) at  Montreal ( -160 ) —- T: 140
    8:05 PM :  Edmonton ( 160 ) at  Minnesota ( -180 ) —- T: 160
    10:35 PM :  New Jersey ( 210 ) at  San Jose ( -250 ) —- T: 210

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• Doornumber03

Wow rough night again. Guess anh/Nash wasn’t the way to go. Who was the one that called a cgy win last night.

Love Boston but everyone is going to be on them. Florida should have their way and possibly Minnesota who kills me every time I play them.

• srcripps

• x5

Blogger of the Month

I certainly agree with Doornumber03, rough night last night. Didn’t see the Calgary game turning out the way it did.

I’m surprisingly looking Montreal’s way tonight. Florida should put up a good number of shots and win outright. EDM/MIN may be closer than you think and Detroit shouldn’t have a problem tonight with Winnipeg, that may be the highest scoring game of the night.

• Rockfiv0

Whoever he was, bless him. He saved me from losing my hat lol. I had a fisher from Nsh, Giordano, Monahan, Johnny Hockey, and backlund thanks to him.

• Americano7

What;s the best way to get into hockey? My buddy is winning all the time $800 this week $600 last week.

• ericgeo18

@srcripps said...

I certainly agree with Doornumber03, rough night last night. Didn’t see the Calgary game turning out the way it did.

I’m surprisingly looking Montreal’s way tonight. Florida should put up a good number of shots and win outright. EDM/MIN may be closer than you think and Detroit shouldn’t have a problem tonight with Winnipeg, that may be the highest scoring game of the night.

Neither did Vegas. There were a few games last night that didn’t wind up where the odds had them.

• ShowMeYourHITS

After a day off yesterday, I’m back in action (not that many of you care…. ;-D)

Had to regroup after a rough few days. The bank roll took a nasty hit as I deviated from my management. Thinking tonight is a good GPP night. I have some LUs for the $4 DK Forecheck and some 3-man leagues. Hoping I can get back on the gravy train today.

Haven’t looked at anything yet, but Thursdays are my light days at work, so I’ll have time to delve into the shit as the day goes on. Let’s Grind.

• Whynot138

turned out to be a rather good night for me. timeline goes something like this

messing with lineups, liking both sides of Calgary, Nashville with the isles and a couple of leafs lineups thrown in. made a last minute change in what turned out to be the key lineup dropping leddy for niskanen and upgrading to oshie. kicking myself at about 9pm when leddy gets his second point of the game but my NYI lineup was doing ok and had a couple lineups with nash 1 and cal 1 in play coupled with the NYI group.

cal/nash was scoreless and got distracted for a few mins. came back and looked and cal is up 2-0 with JH, Monahan and girodano all getting very involved. Hmmmm, interesting.

ended up going to bed at about 1045 with about $134 as total winnings vs an investment of $89 (my cash lineup was sucking wind, thanks Greiss). was hoping to just make a reasonable profit for the night at that point.

wokeup at about 1230, checked my phone and lo and behold I was up $530 with Wash still playing. Nice! was really just hoping to hold on at that point

fell back to sleep and woke up again about 2 am a bit antsy to see where I ended up. and Boom – oshie assist, maybe the catch up with for Ortio, not sure all of what trasnspired but binked 1st and 2nd (same lineup) in the Breakaway for a total of $4712

best night in quite a while

• deejones49

I can see Buffalo scoring a few

• ShowMeYourHITS

@Whynot138 said...

1st and 2nd (same lineup) in the Breakaway for a total of $4712

best night in quite a while

#DFSGOALS

Nice job dude. I hope in the next couple days I can post a similar message. Keep it up.

• srcripps

• x5

Blogger of the Month

Congrats Whynot138, what a great night indeed!

• ericgeo18

Congrats Whynot138! Do you typically play two different lineups for cash and GPPs? Or do you sometimes just put your cash lineup into GPPs? I’ve been doing it the second way, and occasionally when your cash lineup is working, it works out well for the GPPs. But mostly when I cash in my cash games I’m just getting minimum or a little more in the GPPs

• Whynot138

@ericgeo18 said...

Congrats Whynot138! Do you typically play two different lineups for cash and GPPs? Or do you sometimes just put your cash lineup into GPPs? I’ve been doing it the second way, and occasionally when your cash lineup is working, it works out well for the GPPs. But mostly when I cash in my cash games I’m just getting minimum or a little more in the GPPs

I definitely have separate lineups for cash and gpp’s. I do throw my cash lineup in the breakaway or equivalent in case it goes off. but as many will pass on its a very different mindset between cash and gpp lineups for me

• Doornumber03

congrats on the great night Whynot……I’ve been in a downswing for 2 weeks and time to rebound. Was hoping for a light day so i could research but not much time til after 6 tonight. Probably plug in some bonus lineups until then just to lock in my place in the sniper.

• Whynot138

@Doornumber03 said...

congrats on the great night Whynot……I’ve been in a downswing for 2 weeks and time to rebound. Was hoping for a light day so i could research but not much time til after 6 tonight. Probably plug in some bonus lineups until then just to lock in my place in the sniper.

very much in the same boat. it only takes one – my bankroll was showing 0$ after entering last nights games. Was planning to move money around and reinvest. thankfully I got a bit lucky

• Doornumber03

@Whynot138 said...

very much in the same boat. it only takes one – my bankroll was showing 0$ after entering last nights games. Was planning to move money around and reinvest. thankfully I got a bit lucky

So happy when it happens to one of the good guys!….That’s a nice job. Mines dwindled and about to have to make some moves as well, but I can.

• wisertime

Congrats Whynot138!!!! Nice win.

• Rockfiv0

What are some things you guys tend to look at when you have the good nights? Like.. Last night what was your motivating factor for picking the players you did, man?

• Duck911

DFO has mcjesus and hall on the same line tonight. I may have to have me a little of that.

• kmart35

@Doornumber03 said...

Who was the one that called a cgy win last night.

Played one of the 23 player double ups… Was the only one with Gaudreau not sure why I liked him but I was pretty high on him yesterday

• Doornumber03

@Duck911 said...

DFO has mcjesus and hall on the same line tonight. I may have to have me a little of that.

Oh god i didn’t see that……Definitely changes my mind about them tonight. Maybe a shootout in the making…. I think i’m going to be pretty high on MN3.

• GPeanut

Gratz @Whynot138 My buddy was touting Ortio all day. Glad to see it paid off big for someone.

• kmart35

@Doornumber03 said...

Does this make Zack Kassian relevant at all or is he just out there to protect McDavid?

• kmart35

Is Burns too hot to pass up right now? I think his ownage will be down just due to the fact that some people get scared by good dvp but NJ is reeling right now

• jonsousa46

It’s Tuukka Rask birthday today, for those of you who reside on Narrative Street.

• zork212

@Doornumber03 said...

Wow rough night again. Guess anh/Nash wasn’t the way to go. Who was the one that called a cgy win last night.

Love Boston but everyone is going to be on them. Florida should have their way and possibly Minnesota who kills me every time I play them.

I think that was me? Nashville is falling… Called for Calgary win. in DK if you had Monahan, Gaudreau & Giordano you would have 27 DK fantasy points. (7.5,9.5 and 10). I also had kadri 7.5 but the rest of my lineup didn’t fire off. Well I still won so that’s a plus :)

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).