• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:08 PM :  Vegas ( -115 ) at  Minnesota ( -105 ) —- T: 5½u-15
    8:08 PM :  Ottawa ( 200 ) at  Edmonton ( -240 ) —- T: 6½u-10
    9:08 PM :  Arizona ( 175 ) at  Colorado ( -205 ) —- T: 5½u-25
    9:38 PM :  Los Angeles ( -123 ) at  Anaheim ( 112 ) —- T: 5½u-30
    11:08 PM :  Montreal ( -155 ) at  Vancouver ( 135 ) —- T: 6u-15

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NHL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Stangs13

So sick of the contest offerings for showdown. I hate always complaining about it but for small $ players there are no good prize pools. $10 bucks to get any size of prize pool. If they would put up a $3,000 $1 tournament I would max it every day but for just a $750 prize pool it makes no sense to max enter.

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

@Stangs13 said...

I hate always complaining about it but for small $ players there are no good prize pools.

I totally agree with you (as do a majority of us small stakes guys)! NHL will always be neglected. I will never understand their “algorithm” or why some games are the “featured” contests when there are better games going on.

Not real sure what to do tonight.

• cplatt87

Didn’t cash much of anything last night despite having Robertsons 4 assists at $3000. Mostly due to fading Matthews and using Ovechkin instead who put up a dud.

I’m going to go back to the well on Tyler Toffoli tonight but past that I don’t really love this slate. Feels like another 60% owned night for McDavid which I hate so I’ll probably play light tonight.

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

This slate feels familiar!

I think it’s only missing STL-SJ from the slate two night’s ago?

McD will be even higher owned.

• gmen81

Rantanen listed as a Center on DK

• cplatt87

Rakell is still horribly underpriced at $4900, so I am going to keep going back to that well until DK decides to price him properly. The fact that a guy like Alex Tuch got a price bump from $4800 to $5300 after a dud, yet Rakell has back to back 30 point games and he’s still sub 5k is hilarious to me.

• axman15

I think I’m going back to Quick tonight, hopefully people will still have a bad taste in their mouths from Petersen vs the Ducks on Monday & it will keep ownership down

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

That’s a DFS hangover I don’t know if I’ll ever recover from.

For tonight’s slate, it feels like every player except EDM1 is too cheap.

• nosideFX

Fading the monsters on a slate is very hard to stomach but a lot of times is the most profitable strategy, as it opens up a lot of different possibilities. McDavid will probably be an automatic for most players tonight so I will be fading him. (Stomach bubbling lol)

• yisman

Anyone have a link to the DK $360 yesterday? I had tickets but it filled before I could even make a lineup.

• Felixxberg

@yisman said...

Anyone have a link to the DK $360 yesterday? I had tickets but it filled before I could even make a lineup.

https://www.draftkings.com/contest/gamecenter/104586843?uc=2584253167#/

• cplatt87

No Pietrangelo for Vegas tonight. Theodore is pretty cheap compared to the role he’ll play tonight, although he’ll likely be pretty chalky.

• thedkexperience

@hautalak said...

I totally agree with you (as do a majority of us small stakes guys)! NHL will always be neglected. I will never understand their “algorithm” or why some games are the “featured” contests when there are better games going on.

Not real sure what to do tonight.

Because it’s an unfortunate fact that the number of casual NBA fans dwarfs the number of casual hockey fans.

Take the Philly market for example. I live a block from their practice facility and the Flyers are a popular team. That said, while the hardcore Flyers fans are HARDCORE the number of random folks in Wawa on any day with a Sixers hat will dwarf them 10 to 1.

I’ve heard it said before that Philly has 20,000 super hardcore Flyers fans who all go to the games. I think that number is more like 40,000-50,000 but still. Meanwhile there are probably 3/4ths the number of HARDCORE 76ers fans but the casual fans fly way past a million.

Anyway, I’m playing the Oilers goalie today. Let’s do this!

• qatman

Back to the grind. There aren’t many centers I like tonight, so I guess McD by default. I can’t play Mackinnon until he has a game or two back. Actually considered Raanta pretty strongly, but ultimately decided Demko was a bit safer (famous last words).

My high-priced flyer tonight is Tkachuk. I’d be fine with 5 shots and a point. A few guys that didn’t quite make the cut are Rakell, Silfverberg, Pearson, Fiala, Alec Martinez, Chiasson.

Good luck friends.

• Canuckage

Did they undershoot the main pools for DK and FD tonight? Both filled at least 1.5 hours before lock.

Guess NBA is back tonight so they want the traffic to go there to fill the big pools.

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

@thedkexperience said...

Because it’s an unfortunate fact that the number of casual NBA fans dwarfs the number of casual hockey fans.

Agree with that and unfortunately hockey in general. Market is expanding but it’s a slow growth. I will say VGK has maintained their fan base better than I thought they would when the Raiders came.

Anyway I’m throwing a bunch of nickels at FD and playing 2 lineups on DK. Down day for me when NBA is back and contests are back to “normal”.

• cplatt87

Managed to fit in McDavid, MacKinnon and Toffoli so gonna likely just roll with that unless there’s any crazy news during warmups

• zovyn

@hautalak said...

Anyway I’m throwing a bunch of nickels at FD and playing 2 lineups on DK. Down day for me when NBA is back and contests are back to “normal”.

But is NBA really “back” when it’s a crappy 2-game NBA slate?

• thedkexperience

@zovyn said...

But is NBA really “back” when it’s a crappy 2-game NBA slate?

I say this as someone who has won a single entry in baseball, football, and MMA.

If I’m ever going to win at NBA it’ll be on a 2 game slate.

• Stashu

@thedkexperience said...

Take the Philly market for example. I live a block from their practice facility and the Flyers are a popular team. That said, while the hardcore Flyers fans are HARDCORE the number of random folks in Wawa on any day with a Sixers hat will dwarf them 10 to 1.

I’ve heard it said before that Philly has 20,000 super hardcore Flyers fans who all go to the games. I think that number is more like 40,000-50,000 but still. Meanwhile there are probably 3/4ths the number of HARDCORE 76ers fans but the casual fans fly way past a million.

Anyway, I’m playing the Oilers goalie today. Let’s do this!

I live about 50 miles NW of Philly, and the ratio is about the same up here. But I think (at least up here) our WAWA stores will have a lot more Eagles gear than any of the other Philly teams. I do see more Flyers hats, shirts, hoodies, ect… than I expected.

Tonight I have a little chalk, but more of LA & OTT, a little VAN and MON too. The way things have been going in DFS, it can’t get much worse. Some Prop betting has kept me above water to keep playing.

• Canuckage

Mark Stone taking warm ups…..

• SkateFiend

Would you guys play NHL snake draft contests? DK doesn’t offer them and FD’s snake draft contests are on the fluky side.

I play nhl snake draft contests at drafters but lot of times contests don’t fill, even though they’re 3 player contest and you can swap out players after the draft.

• Southie777

Great time for Russia to eff with Twitter, don’t they know we need hockey lineups?!

• Felixxberg

Pacioretty-Stephenson-Stone
    Marchessault-Karlsson-Smith
    Tuch-Glass-Roy
    Nosek-Kolesar-Reaves

Martinez-Theodore
    McNabb-Coghlan
    Hague-Whitecloud

Kaprizov-Bjugstad-Zuccarello
    Greenway-JEEK-Foligno
    Parise-Rask-Fiala
    Sturm-Bonino-Rau

Suter-Spurgeon
    Brodin-Dumba
    Soucy-Cole

• Felixxberg

@SkateFiend said...

Would you guys play NHL snake draft contests? DK doesn’t offer them and FD’s snake draft contests are on the fluky side.

I play nhl snake draft contests at drafters but lot of times contests don’t fill, even though they’re 3 player contest and you can swap out players after the draft.

I have never tried. Works like a typical fantasy? It looks a little time consuming, but definitely interesting!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).