• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

12:35 PM :  Minnesota ( 115 ) at  Chicago ( -135 ) —- T: 115
    7:05 PM :  N.Y. Rangers ( -120 ) at  Detroit ( 100 ) —- T: -120
    7:05 PM :  Montreal ( 0 ) at  Edmonton ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    9:35 PM :  Washington ( 0 ) at  Anaheim ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    10:05 PM :  Dallas ( 0 ) at  San Jose ( 0 ) —- T: 0

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• kdub

Annoying trying to construct lineups when DK has players positions all over the place

• Benn91

3W on the first line for DET o_0

• PhoFever

Yahoo does that, too. So annoying. The whole Maple Leafs team are C’s.

• Benn91

• bstreich9

@kdub said...

Annoying trying to construct lineups when DK has players positions all over the place

This.

• deejones49

@kdub said...

I know you got him today

• kdub

@deejones49 said...

I know you got him today

lol not a chance

• PhoFever

Gotta have at least 1 Red Wings lineup today, in all seriousness. If lowly Hurricanes torched Ranta then why not Detroit.

• keephustlincuz

@deejones49 said...

I know you got him today

Dee.. How do you feel about stacking this game?

• deejones49

@keephustlincuz said...

Dee.. How do you feel about stacking this game?

I like it if they put Mantha in today i think he gets a goal

• keephustlincuz

@deejones49 said...

I like it if they put Mantha in today i think he gets a goal

Agree. I like picking players that spent a game in the press box. They usually come out firing the next game.

• Benn91

Mantha scratched again tonight.

• Cpjttogether

Its hard to have confidence in the pricing algorithm and sites handicapping system if they don’t even have the players in there right positions. I guess its just whatevs as long as they get there 18% rake.

• sizzlebeans

Positioning is absolute shit today on DK. WTF are they doing???

• Messiah717

DraftKings needs to be messaged by everyone about this. Make sure to send them something. It’s ridiculous to do this to the games. Linemates both being listed as centers for what reason? A mistake or game manipulation. Completely absurd.

• mathewsmarner

no one stacking against wsh?

• Benn91

Washington on a b2b but this time Holtby is in net. Anaheim L1 and L2 should be considered tonight

• blake024

After thinking about this longer, I think that DK and this position switching might actually favor the lower stakes player and hurt the 150 mass entry players. I would think it would slow them down and actually make them put more thought, work and time into drafting their lineups, as opposed to just going to the depth charts and easily stacking the lines. I know it seems odd that DK is messing around with the positions, but I think it might give the lower stakes player who does only a few lineups an advantage. I guess time will tell how it all works out. And it will also be interesting to see how the so-called sharks constuct their lineups tonight, and even more interesting to see how many of them don’t even play…I noticed a couple of the big regulars were not playing the Forecheck this weekend.

• blake024

@mathewsmarner said...

no one stacking against wsh?

Both WSH and ANH lines tonight. I think this will be a 6-5 game.

• blake024

You can get around this position switching by stacking the PP lines instead of the regular lines in a lot of these games. Many of these PP lines allow you to get one C and two Ws.

• Heterodox

@blake024 said...

After thinking about this longer, I think that DK and this position switching might actually favor the lower stakes player and hurt the 150 mass entry players. I would think it would slow them down and actually make them put more thought, work and time into drafting their lineups, as opposed to just going to the depth charts and easily stacking the lines.

I was going to point out that I think they do this on purpose, to make stacking harder, as it’s a more flexible approach than the hardwired rules on how many players you can use from each team (changing the rules on stacking would be a big deal, and would be permanent, whereas occasionally “screwing up” player positions is neither). But I don’t think it really hurts or benefits anyone, just speaks to the perception people have, which you express, that stacking is simple and easy and requires no time, effort, or research.

Though it may well hurt everyone, if the optimal arrangement is two wingers and a center. Taking that away doesn’t benefit you.

• Poochy16

Fun game…trying to stack SJS and their 11 centers

• AClavel

is it just me or is it really hard to make a lineup today, I cant decide which player which lines i wanna pick, any advice for todays game?

• blake024

@Heterodox said...

I was going to point out that I think they do this on purpose, to make stacking harder, as it’s a more flexible approach than the hardwired rules on how many players you can use from each team (changing the rules on stacking would be a big deal, and would be permanent, whereas occasionally “screwing up” player positions is neither). But I don’t think it really hurts or benefits anyone, just speaks to the perception people have, which you express, that stacking is simple and easy and requires no time, effort, or research.

Though it may well hurt everyone, if the optimal arrangement is two wingers and a center. Taking that away doesn’t benefit you.

Knowing which lines to stack does take time, effort and research. Any smart low stakes player will try to find that talented, hot line that will be overlooked and obscured on a given night. That does take skill and effort…it’s just that when the positions are like screwed up like they are today it takes even more time and effort to make a good lineup(s). Hence my theory that someone who normally dishes out 150+ lineups a day might be caught a little more off guard and will have to spend considerably more time making their lineups today than those who make only one of a few.

• dyavid

Shattenkirk suspended two games

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).